Homebrew PCalc-USUM - The RNG Plugin for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why you're quoting me as it's unrelated. Maybe because your TSV isn't 0000? Make sure you have the latest version of this plugin and your USUM game is updated to 1.1.

There is a 0 NPC area. See this picture.

y33ePGR.png
Yeah the weird part is I'm in that exact spot and it says 1.

Regardless my main issue is hitting the frame. I'm not sure if the frame described is where I'm supposed to press A to use the honey, or if it's the point where Blacephelon is generated. And assuming the former, I have a hard time getting into the item menu on that exact moment due to my human differences in time between unpausing the frames and entering the bag.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the weird part is I'm in that exact spot and it says 1.

Regardless my main issue is hitting the frame. I'm not sure if the frame described is where I'm supposed to press A to use the honey, or if it's the point where Blacephelon is generated. And assuming the former, I have a hard time getting into the item menu on that exact moment due to my human differences in time between unpausing the frames and entering the bag.

Have you tried closing and opening the overlay to reset the NPC counting feature? When entering the bag, the frames should jump by exactly 6. So if your target frame is 1000, when the bag is all loaded up, it should stay at 1006. If it does that, likely means the NPC count is 0. When it's 1, it can be either 6 or 12 frames jumped when entering the bag.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried closing and opening the overlay to reset the NPC counting feature? When entering the bag, the frames should jump by exactly 6. So if your target frame is 1000, when the bag is all loaded up, it should stay at 1006. If it does that, likely means the NPC count is 0. When it's 1, it can be either 6 or 12 frames jumped when entering the bag.
I have tried, like I said no matter how many times I reset.

I usually see about 14-15 frames between resuming frame advancement and entering bag. This is with the menu open and the cursor on "Bag". I hit Select and immediately hit A.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried, like I said no matter how many times I reset.

I usually see about 14-15 frames between resuming frame advancement and entering bag. This is with the menu open and the cursor on "Bag". I hit Select and immediately hit A.

Did you battle the karate guy and the ace trainer? Maybe they're affecting the NPC count. This really shouldn't be happening if you're on the right spot.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Curious. When I had selected under gender for the pokemon I had it set to male. Yet the egg hatched female. Found that a bit odd. But besides that. I now got a nice shiny vulpix that I have been after. Great work on this. Whoops. forgot to mention. This was done under eggs and the masuda method.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious. When I had selected under gender for the pokemon I had it set to male. Yet the egg hatched female. Found that a bit odd. But besides that. I now got a nice shiny vulpix that I have been after. Great work on this. Whoops. forgot to mention. This was done under eggs and the masuda method.

Did you input the proper gender ratio? Vulpix's is 1♂:3♀.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally hit the bag at a target frame (5597). I use the Honey, and the Blacephelon that shows up was the one for frame 5591. How did I get it for 6 frames earlier?

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot figure this out. I always seem to get results from frames below what I hit. And the difference is different each time.

I'm in the exact spot for the 0 NPC even though it says 1, the frames randomly increment by 1 or 2, and I've made sure the frames I'm trying to hit are marked as Safe before generating the timeline. I hit those frames in the bag, and my results still show several frames (anywhere from 5 to 18) BELOW the frame I used the honey on. I've double-checked each Blacephelon I end up with and they have results several frames below the frame I was on.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot figure this out. I always seem to get results from frames below what I hit. And the difference is different each time.

I'm in the exact spot for the 0 NPC even though it says 1, the frames randomly increment by 1 or 2, and I've made sure the frames I'm trying to hit are marked as Safe before generating the timeline. I hit those frames in the bag, and my results still show several frames (anywhere from 5 to 18) BELOW the frame I used the honey on. I've double-checked each Blacephelon I end up with and they have results several frames below the frame I was on.

If you can't get a 0 NPC, then with it being 1, have you been using the timeline method? Are you waiting with menu open? If you're waiting with it closed, your player will fidget and mess up the timeline, that counts too if you're waiting in say festival plaza in an attempt to advance the frames quicker. I didn't get any indication that you've been using the timeline feature, which is necessary for NPCs of 1 or above.

please if there is a PCalc-USUM - v0.1.0 is there any chance i can have it,i'm sorry if this is a stupid request

How about explaining why? There's no point when the new version works with the new 1.1 update, which all the plugins and patches have been updated to work with 1.1. So sticking with the old version is pointless.

Last edited by RustInPeace,

Kymsplat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If you hit a frame that is 6 less then what your targeted, you simply flip it and go 6 above. The delay is dependable on a lot of things like NPC count, type of 3DS, the hardware revision etc so you typically have to do a random target in each area to find the delay for that specific instance. So:

1. Go into an area you wanna hunt in.
2. Target a random pokemon on timeline.
3. Hit the exact frame it's on (after setting up a safe timeline)
4. Let's say you targeted frame 1000, but ended up on 1012 which is what you encountered. You would flip that advancement and next time you would know to land on the frame that is 12 away from your target so we would of needed to land on 988 to hit our target on 1000.

It's the same if you hit below your target too, if you landed on 988 but your target was 1000, you now know you need to add 12 to your target frame to hit it.

Also like I said this is not static. It might be similar from area to area but you will have to do this for many different areas since the delays vary.

There's also a few other things that you need to make sure your not doing like staying on create timeline once you've generated a safe line, or staying on safe frames once you've done the line also. Also the correction values for each area are the same as S&M but the npc values will most likely change.

I have a lot of tutorials on my YouTube that might help you if you wanna check it out in my signature!

Last edited by Kymsplat,

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work with Delay 0, correction 6. Though now I went back to get a second one and it's got the NPC at 0 so now I have to recalibrate my settings.

Soufianelink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you can't get a 0 NPC, then with it being 1, have you been using the timeline method? Are you waiting with menu open? If you're waiting with it closed, your player will fidget and mess up the timeline, that counts too if you're waiting in say festival plaza in an attempt to advance the frames quicker. I didn't get any indication that you've been using the timeline feature, which is necessary for NPCs of 1 or above.

How about explaining why? There's no point when the new version works with the new 1.1 update, which all the plugins and patches have been updated to work with 1.1. So sticking with the old version is pointless.
because i can't update my game to 1.1 and the newer version gives init seed 00000000 i'm still using emunand 11.3 + menuhax

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because i can't update my game to 1.1 and the newer version gives init seed 00000000 i'm still using emunand 11.3 + menuhax

All the more reason to get out of the slums and update to B9S. Ugh, I assume you can install CIAs, so get freeshop or villain3DS, search for the 1.1 update according to your game, install that CIA and continue using an outdated hacking setup.

Sheighoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The spot I'm at the NPC count stays at 1. Sounds pretty consistent. I'm certain the 1 trainer is that Ace Trainer who walks around. In fact it's this spot: http://pokerng.forumcommunity.net/?t=59574488#entry423118019

Still, is that the frame where I enter the bag, or the frame where the encounter actually happens?

Also, what to do if I end up in the bag 1 frame to early? Exiting is likely to shoot the frame past my target.

Sorry, was on vacation. But yes. That is correct. If the patch you are in stays 1 NPC count. Then that is your settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: