Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Prowler That's pretty baseless, don't know how it makes me a Weeaboo.

Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:
No, only because I've never heard of them before now, though.

Have you ever associated yourself with a place called America or a place called Europe?
I tried English Rock, I like it slightly less than American Rock.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Being obsessed over a Japanese dating sim pretty much screams weeaboo to me.

Oh and that long ass boring argument over anime = cartoons.

Weaboo is a stupid word, you should feel bad for even using it.

P4 isn't a japanese dating sim bro. It's an RPG game with social links.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sylar1 said:
prowler_ said:

It's a dating sim, get over it.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Sylar1 said:
prowler_ said:

No, it really isn't, get over it,

cry more bro

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
[youtube]QVc29bYIvCM[/youtube]

If you don't like this, you have no soul.

Also Persona 4 is glorified dating sim

In a dating sim, the whole point is to date people.

Persona 4 the whole point is to go into the TV, save people, kill bosses, with a tiny dating aspect tacked on just to get a few extra persona's and for your allies to help you in battle. You can go through the whole game without really doing any social links

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Sylar1 said:
prowler_ said:

It can't be a Dating Sim as it's not a simulator. One could argue that it's a Dating RPG, but it's not a dating sim.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oi, you guys really are something else.

It seems I missed your original idea though - sorry about that. I saw "Heaven" and immediately went and plucked out one of my favorite dungeon songs. I've looked into the meaning of the lyrics before, but ultimately I end up just going "this song is about XXX" and don't give it a thought afterward- a lot of the songs in the Persona series have lyrics that tend to go back and forth and are a bit hard to understand (A Lone Prayer from the first Persona, for example), so I tend to just enjoy the music. They can have depth, like Heaven, or they can be more abstract with a meaning outside of the Persona series, like the FES Mass Destruction Remix. But it's all good music to me.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game music better than the Wall...

Look, game music can be great. It adds to the scene, and helps immerse the player in whatever is happening.

However, saying that music intended to add to the atmosphere is better than masterpieces deliberately orchestrated to stand on its own boggles the mind.

Look, let me do you a favor. -removed- Do what you want with it; I recommend listening to the album all the way through. Or, if you want the visual component, find the movie (yes, there was a feature length adaptation of the album) and watch it.

Even if you don't fall in love with it, at least you'll be enriching your taste in music by exposing yourself to it.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:

Look, game music can be great. It adds to the scene, and helps immerse the player in whatever is happening.

However, saying that music intended to add to the atmosphere is better than masterpieces deliberately orchestrated to stand on its own boggles the mind.

Look, let me do you a favor.Here is a link to a website that can help.[/url] Do what you want with it; I recommend listening to the album all the way through. Or, if you want the visual component, find the movie (yes, there was a feature length adaptation of the album) and watch it.

Even if you don't fall in love with it, at least you'll be enriching your taste in music by exposing yourself to it.

Gahars, you do know that site is not allowed here?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SHIT JUST GOT REAL
lolwin.png

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:

Look, let me do you a favor. Here is a link to a website that can help. Do what you want with it; I recommend listening to the album all the way through. Or, if you want the visual component, find the movie (yes, there was a feature length adaptation of the album) and watch it.

I've hear probably over a thousand Rock songs, few of them have I liked, and the ones I have liked I wouldn't put above Video Game music. Music is music, it's meant to be listened to, and many Video Game Pieces are meant t be standalone, like Chrono Trigger (From Chrono Trigger), or the Halo Theme song (which was very well done), or any song from the Sims.

I would never put one genre above another, no matter what its purpose or how much I dis/like it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just you couldn't endorse it, I don't.

So let me put it this way; on a certain website, do a quick search for the album. You may come across a good version of it. If you do, I would recommend finding a way to listen to it.

EDIT:

And Machomuu... no. Game music is meant to sound nice and fit the mood of the game you're playing. It can be good music regardless (I don't like Halo, but I'll readily admit the theme is the best thing to come from the game), but it is inherently limited. Saying that music is just music is disregarding an entire medium of artistic expression.

The Wall uses the music and the writing to tell a story across an album, detailing the painful alienation and isolation of the protagonist (Behind the metaphorical and titular Wall) that leads to his mind unraveling. It's rock, sure, but it's much more than that; it really transcends genre.

To ignore such a piece of art because of your preconceived notions about what music can be is a crime.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
Just you couldn't endorse it, I don't.

So let me put it this way; on a certain website, do a quick search for the album. You may come across a good version of it. If you do, I would recommend finding a way to listen to it.
Uh...

"Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, and ISO files, or any type of warez.
Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: