Physical PlayStation Vita Games Will Continue To Be Produced For Japan

ps vita.JPG

While both Sony of America and Sony of Europe announced earlier this week that the production of physical PS Vita games will be stopped by March 2019, the Japanese branch of the company begs to differ.

In a Q&A session with the Japanese website GameSpark, Sony Interactive Entertainment had the following to say when prompted about the PS Vita situation for Japan:

Q. What will happen with the [PS Vita] support within the country?
A. Manufacture of PS Vita [game] cards for within Japan will continue.

Q. Will manufacturing of the PS Vita hardware continue?
A. Since in Japan we want everyone who keeps playing to enjoy an extensive game line-up, at this present point we plan to continue our marketing activity.

So there you have it, the PS Vita lives in Japan! However, we do not know until when Sony plans to keep producing physical games for the Japanese market.

:arrow: SOURCE

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'd be nice if the localized text and audio for games was available as a download/patch so people can import the physical Japanese versions of games but play in their language. I know that'll never happen but it'd be nice.
I take it back.
IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!
I don't think there was any doubt that the Vita is alive in Japan. I always picture the whining about how the Vita is dead or has no games as being an American thing. People always feel the need to bitch about things they don't like instead of focusing on what they do like and people feel the need to express their extreme opinions even if they make no sense.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

MasterControl90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.capslocktech.com
XP
Country
Italy
Not surprising at all, as the PSP the Vita is a jrpg workhouse and "coincidentally" the psp lifespan was longer too in Japan.

The psvita is not really dead, just underappreciated and abandoned by the manufacturer, yet new games are still coming for this device.

Reactions: Deleted User

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this means American and European developers can still get physical versions of their games, albeit they will need to import them (their finished games) from Japan.

Kuroemon485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It'd be nice if the localized text and audio for games was available as a download/patch so people can import the physical Japanese versions of games but play in their language. I know that'll never happen but it'd be nice.

I don't think there was any doubt that the Vita is alive in Japan. I always picture the whining about how the Vita is dead or has no games as being an American thing. People always feel the need to bitch about things they don't like instead of focusing on what they do like and people feel the need to express their extreme opinions even if they make no sense.
and it's happening, right here, right now in this very thread.

they (english player) keep begging for games localization, keep complaining about weird approach of their choice for memory card, boycott the system as best as they can , all at once, to the point the company decide it's a failure (for western market) and stop producing even physical game card. what good for them to even making game for a dead market?

i'm living in japan, and vita still a thing here. i dont think people here like the exclusive memory card for vita either, but they're not bitching about it, they're using internal memory and buying physical copies instead.

Last edited by Kuroemon485,
Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and it's happening, right here, right now in this very thread.

they (english player) keep begging for games localization, keep complaining about weird approach of their choice for memory card, boycott the system as best as they can , all at once, to the point the company decide it's a failure (for western market) and stop producing even physical game card. what good for them to even making game for a dead market?

i'm living in japan, and vita still a thing here. i dont think people here like the exclusive memory card for vita either, but they're not bitching about it, they're using internal memory and buying physical copies instead.
A lot of games aren't available physically in the US or they have a limited print meaning they can get super expensive after new copies aren't getting produced. I had to get Tales of Hearts R digitally because the physical English versions on eBay were listed for hundreds of dollars.

Vita memory cards are becoming less common here as well. I have to order my memory cards from Japan because the online North American sellers want ridiculously high prices for higher capacity Vita memory cards.

If the games I wanted got physical copies that didn't become collector's items after release I'd be buying those. But they're either getting limited physical releases or being digital only.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: because I already got burned out with breath of the wild, which for the most part is essentially...