Albania
Testing permanent dat0. Kamikaze mod.
jeff-goldblum-crazy-son-of-a-bitch.gif

vulp_vibes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the photo me using PS aligning different layers from eMMC side and pinpoint the "Square Area” dataX lines. For whoever interested in Kamikaze mod.
Happy grinding :rofl:

dat0 running through that alignment indicator circle is a very convenient visual marker. though, being in between other lines makes me a little wary of potential damage to the surrounding traces. I looked at the board scans and found that the dat0 line also comes out into a via pad beneath two ground layers near the cmd resistor, with fewer small traces surrounding it. would be interesting to see if this point is possible as well

1689103471539.png

edit: practicing on a dead board in an area with a similar layer stack (two grounds and then a trace). seem to have done it successfully

1689120976068.png

Last edited by vulp_vibes,

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haahahahahhaahhahaa
well there goes another Oled Xd

i mean well it could work but i woult rather just reball the emmc
tbh I made enough money from successful installs that I made up all my losses and then some, but I'm only interested in spending that money on developing my modding skills, Kamozki seems like the end-game :)
I've done around 25 OLEDs , and 34 combinations of V2/V1/Lites.

I owe that to this great community, and maybe my persistence :)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tbh I made enough money from successful installs that I made up all my losses and then some, but I'm only interested in spending that money on developing my modding skills, Kamozki seems like the end-game :)
I've done around 25 OLEDs , and 34 combinations of V2/V1/Lites.

I owe that to this great community, and maybe my persistence :)
sure i know what u mean :-)
but before u do that use one of those damaged switches to do some testing :-) u should have a few Oleds laying around Xd

but still for me honestly to risky and doesnt really make sense to maybe destroy a board by drilling a few layers away if it easier just to reball.

did u learn how to reball yet?

if not i would suggest u learnign that and stop using those dat0 adapter cause thats still not a permanent install and whil probaly give u a issue ealier or later ;-)

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure i know what u mean :-)
but before u do that use one of those damaged switches to do some testing :-) u should have a few Oleds laying around Xd

but still for me honestly to risky and doesnt really make sense to maybe destroy a board by drilling a few layers away if it easier just to reball.

did u learn how to reball yet?

if not i would suggest u learnign that and stop using those dat0 adapter cause thats still not a permanent install and whil probaly give u a issue ealier or later ;-)
That's my next focus. I need to master reballing. Learning a bit every day and loving it. Thank you

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
edit: practicing on a dead board in an area with a similar layer stack (two grounds and then a trace). seem to have done it successfully

View attachment 382884

Where is that located ? on OLED ?
We need clearer traces area (if any) as the first/original point is too crowded and not worth the risk.
Bellow is the cue btw, alligned with all dat points.
1689128737148.png

Last edited by cgtchy0412,
Reactions: chronoss

amenjesuspankita

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
dat0 running through that alignment indicator circle is a very convenient visual marker. though, being in between other lines makes me a little wary of potential damage to the surrounding traces. I looked at the board scans and found that the dat0 line also comes out into a via pad beneath two ground layers near the cmd resistor, with fewer small traces surrounding it. would be interesting to see if this point is possible as well

View attachment 382849
Esto es dat0? La traducción al español no es muy buena

This is dat0? The Spanish translation is not very good

Last edited by amenjesuspankita,

roxzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont think so, have you tried mounting GPP from ums-loader on PC with DiskGenius? My OLED gpp mount looks like this. Just in case your Blue screen is caused from courted eMMC partitions by DAT0 adapter.(though Hekate should still load even emmc bad IMO)

View attachment 382365
Okay, small update, the switch is back from the dead and I have display. I used HacDiskMount instead of DiskGenius, but I got GPP to mount and made a copy of all files just to be sure. Boot0/1 won't mount though. Is that an indication of Dat0/1 short?

I'm basically back to square one, no sd card screen appears, the only payload that I can launch is UMS-Loader. Trying OFW still gives blue screen and trying hekate either doesn't work or gives black screen. Checked all the traces between APU and DRAM and as far as I can see there's nothing wrong there.

Sorry to tag you, but @Dee87, @abal1000x, @Takezo-San, any ideas what I should test? Really out of ideas here, all help appreciated.

Last edited by roxzii,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, small update, the switch is back from the dead and I have display. I used HacDiskMount instead of DiskGenius, but I got GPP to mount and made a copy of all files just to be sure. Boot0/1 won't mount though.
Can you at least screenshot what you have?
Are you mounting GPP with ums-loader?
When mounting BOOT0/1 on PC, there will be unsupported partition warning and asking for format(DONT FORMAT!)

attached how GPP look in HacDiskMount with my S-lite GPP

Attachments

• 1689135749760.png
    1689135749760.png
    32 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by jkyoho,
Reactions: Danook28 and roxzii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...