Picofly AIO Thread

aparitxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
looks like you forgot to remove the 3.3v linear regulator on the back side. it can shortcut when working in such conditions (no input voltage)
I followed the instructions of the (at that moment v3) guide of @lightninjay and nothing about removing a regulator was writen. It is removing this recomended?
You mean the component number 6 of the photo i attach?
Thank you

Attachments

• 61fVszBLJxL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_~2.jpg
    61fVszBLJxL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_~2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 30

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I followed the instructions of the (at that moment v3) guide of @lightninjay and nothing about removing a regulator was writen. It is removing this recomended?
You mean the component number 6 of the photo i attach?
Thank you
Yes, thats the one. Some people used to remove it so it fits a little better but to be honest I don't remember it being recomended to remove it from the functional perspective

pindleskin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i destroyed the exact same cap when tried to solder 3.3v wire and the only problem is that without that cap the switch do not charge in fast mode when is plugged in the dock, and if you plug in the dock when the switch is completely turned off the dock enters in an error mode (green light blinking).
Thank you very much. So the Switch is not garbage yet :D Great news!

Unfortunatly I just noticed under a better microscope, that the capacitor next to it is also partially damaged. Have to replace this, I guess.
1685700370932.png

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone here is US that has access or knows source that I can get a DAT0 and maybe mosfect adapters. I've been waiting for weeks to receive mine from ali and know seems lost in mail. I bought totk oled and its killing me I cannot mod it. Thanks

Aaron00923

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doing the pico fly mod and it boots into OFW, trying to figure out what the light code means, The local game store sent me this video.

HackMan37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

INeFFeCTiVE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody tried these? All the sellers who used to have Instinct NX have now swapped over to these. They’re $11 USD but come with everything you need.
I have mine for the lite, but the placement of the ribbon cables makes 0 sense in a way that would work... I am going to stick to my waveshare mod and use the apu cable instead of the dam micromosfets

rubix3d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely screwed up the capacitor circled in thin red near the GND label. Anyone know the part # so I can hopefully get a new one?

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 30

LiLCruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to know what version picofly I have? I tried the toolbox just stays reading firmware info never finish’s it has the hekate logo instead raspberry pie logo with wings when no SD is insert what is last version had the hekate logo? Probably have send this out get updated if not v2.6 I’m assuming it’s not.

Maxwellp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just here to post a big THANKS to everyone compiling this. I did a switch lite last night successfully.

In case anyone else has the issue: I got a long blue then 3 short yellow flashes (=***) I suppose which indicated bad emmc. The problem was actually the wires to the cpu (connected with a v2 cable instead of mosfets) and the RST pins were not soldered properly. After fixing them, it booted right up.

Last edited by Maxwellp,

guillel90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone, just congratulating this posts and the help that every user gives. I succesfully installed a tiny(the first batch with wrong resistors) in the oled. It fits perfectly and works great. I forgot to take pictures but i can make some if needed for whatever reason. Thank you all again

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, just congratulating this posts and the help that every user gives. I succesfully installed a tiny(the first batch with wrong resistors) in the oled. It fits perfectly and works great. I forgot to take pictures but i can make some if needed for whatever reason. Thank you all again
what was the resistor value used in the first wrong batch?
Did you end up cut out the metal shield making space for the rp2040-tiny?
Does the rp2040 area stay flat/flush when everything (black back cover)put back?

guillel90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does the rp2040 area stay flat/flush when everything (black back cover)put back?
wrong value of 470ohm instead of 47ohm. And yes, it fits perfectly, no need to cut the metal shield at all.

• Love
Reactions: jkyoho

ypeeLs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even put kapton tape over my tiny installs there's so much room, you would have to punch the back of the console to make the shield contact the chip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: