Piracy Bill

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I somewhat agree with that, there are a few problems.
Namely, the fact that even if it's really good, people will still pirate it.
Example: Skyrim.
I was just stating that if you put out a good product you will undoubtedly make money. Piracy is something you have to live with if you want to make more money. Because we know ways to keep people from pirating and going there mean making less money for sure.
Example: Skyrim

D

Deleted-236924

Well, your own source shows that Skyrim (PC) only sold less than a million copies in a month.
Meanwhile, in 360-and-PS3-land...

Skyrim (360): 2,5 million sales in four weeks
Skyrim (PS3): 1,3 million sales in four weeks

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The 360 copy was leaked a week before the PC copy with practically no protection for anyone with a flashed drive. I think it's the rec spec's that do it. That and more and more casual gamers are going to consoles for ease of use.

Motto is: If I have to buy it, I may as well make it easy to play. Logging into steam vs playing it on a Console...

D

Deleted-236924

The 360 copy was leaked a week before the PC copy with practically no protection for anyone with a flashed drive.
But how easy is it to hack one's 360 system as compared to piracy on the PC?
This plays an important part, because the majority of the 'customers' would pirate it, but instead choose to go and buy it because it's easier.
On the other hand, pirating PC games is incredibly easy. Not considering a crack was released right after the game's official release date.

And how hard is it to log into Steam?
If anything, you could just log on once, then tell Steam to automatically log you on whenever Steam starts.
From my point of view, you're attempting to say logging into Steam isn't easy.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a steam account. So I have no clue. I also don't have an Xbox 360. As for hacking the Xbox 360, no idea yet. I'll probably do it sooner or later. I tend to wait till the end of the life of a system before hacking it. Usually the hack is permanent by that point, plus the console maker isn't nearly as committed to defending it at that stage.

Like a dumb@ss I thought the PS3 was getting near the end of it's lifespan so I jumped on the PS3 hack train. Boy was I wrong. But it makes for a nice media center and there's literally thousands of

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1