Homebrew PKSM - a complete portable Pokemon Save Manager with integrated bank

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I want to ask a question here because I don't know where to ask.

Say, I have a gen 1 (Pokemon Red/Blue and Yellow) save file, and I want to edit it like, boxed pokemon and trainer information, is PKHex compatible with that?
After that, I want to convert that save file to a "main" file to import to my Virtual Console of Pokemon Red/Blue and Yellow, what software to convert Gameboy .sav to "main" file for importing to VC with JKSV.

Sorry if my question is inappropriate.

sxp5702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EventAssistant

Is there a way I can buy a version that supports gen1-7? I'd be down to paying like $100 for this updated app. I have rby sgc rse etc etc installed and I'd think it would be fun going from first gen and bringing over mah buddies into the next games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By updated app, I mean exclusive to those who pay XD since we'd be the ones funding it.

dsoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@EventAssistant

Is there a way I can buy a version that supports gen1-7? I'd be down to paying like $100 for this updated app. I have rby sgc rse etc etc installed and I'd think it would be fun going from first gen and bringing over mah buddies into the next games.

By updated app, I mean exclusive to those who pay XD since we'd be the ones funding it.
No, just no

Reactions: Omegablu and Zidapi

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@EventAssistant

you would probably be better off with pkhex since you would need to extract so many saves separately.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... now that I have 4.1.3 installed, I noticed that the D/P/Pt icons are greyed out... as I just fished out my real copy of Diamond I was hoping to import from. Is that set of carts still possible to be accessed? or has that compatibility been removed? Or is there something I'm doing wrong that needs to be changed so that it can be read by this app?

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... now that I have 4.1.3 installed, I noticed that the D/P/Pt icons are greyed out... as I just fished out my real copy of Diamond I was hoping to import from. Is that set of carts still possible to be accessed? or has that compatibility been removed? Or is there something I'm doing wrong that needs to be changed so that it can be read by this app?
I don't think you can't import from ds games right now, only inject.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can't import from ds games right now, only inject.
awwww... I was hoping to at least migrate, if not copy, a few that were still on my OG diamond cart, since I'm mentally done with that game.

Also,
> that feel when I wish I could find my Black2 cart to inject my completed ROM save from playing on the DStwo instead

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awwww... I was hoping to at least migrate, if not copy, a few that were still on my OG diamond cart, since I'm mentally done with that game.

Also,
> that feel when I wish I could find my Black2 cart to inject my completed ROM save from playing on the DStwo instead
you would have to use the official bank to transfer pokemon over to gen 6+, and a gen 5 game to get them on there, plus it having the national pokedex to transfer your gen 4 pokemon over.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I did beat the main game on my real copy of black2, while I still had it, but it was my ROM run on the DStwo where I had completed the 'dex. But main thing is... I have my one first ever shiny on my real Diamond copy, and paying $40 for a gen 5 game to replay for that hot mess just does not appeal to me. I'd also need that one weirdo dongle that enabled reading and writing save data on ds games to really make that usable, either. :(

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I did beat the main game on my real copy of black2, while I still had it, but it was my ROM run on the DStwo where I had completed the 'dex. But main thing is... I have my one first ever shiny on my real Diamond copy, and paying $40 for a gen 5 game to replay for that hot mess just does not appeal to me. I'd also need that one weirdo dongle that enabled reading and writing save data on ds games to really make that usable, either. :(
if thats the case, try pkhex.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can backup your Diamond save with TWLSaveTool and then convert your gen4 Dialga to gen7 mon with PKHeX

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all, 4.1.3 doesn't exist. Probably you're referring to 4.0.3, but why complaining about a old version? 4.1.1 supports DPPT.

@EventAssistant

Are you trying to corrupt me? Let's clarify things.

I'm not gonna work on requests the user only wants. I'm not doing this work for you. I explained this in the telegram chat, I don't know how many of you are there, too.

I work on this application for ME. It is a way to prove myself and see how far I can go into the development of such a complex product. If a feature interest me in first person, I'll be willing to implement it, but honestly, I don't even have RBY and I'm not going to buy or pirate them, so I dgaf about their support.

Obviously, I care about feedbacks of the users, bug reports etc. If they suggest something that I repute 'cool', I'd be willing to implement it. AnalogMan asked for a encryption costant/PID reroller, and I'm doing it.

tldr: NO.

you would have to use the official bank to transfer pokemon over to gen 6+, and a gen 5 game to get them on there, plus it having the national pokedex to transfer your gen 4 pokemon over.
I didn't block you but I'm bored of discussing such matter.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay... now that I have 4.1.3 installed, I noticed that the D/P/Pt icons are greyed out...
D/P/Pt support is limited to Mystery Gift injection only, I believe this is the same across all of the Nintendo DS titles.

If you're after cross generational transfers, PKHeX is by far the best way to go about it for the time being.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if thats the case, try pkhex.
How am I supposed to PKhex with a real cartridge? I don't give a damn about the dialga in there... I'm after my first legit shiney with the Darkrai that is still in there, that I had to migrate back out of Pokemon ranch on my personal Wii system. At present, I have no way of dumping, or writing, such a save from the real games. I used to, but I believe that homebrew required a DS lite and the ability to FTP back and forth on Windows XP... neither of which I have anymore. my oldest PC now runs Windows 7, my main runs Windows 10, and the oldest DS system that still works for me is my DSi XL.

First of all, 4.1.3 doesn't exist. Probably you're referring to 4.0.3, but why complaining about a old version? 4.1.1 supports DPPT.
Yea, and I updated to 4.1.1, and it still doesn't even let me see what I have on there.

I don't ever want to go through Gen 4 or 5 again. Those games made me nearly swear off the franchise permanently. It took a lot to even get me to try Gen 6 and actually want to play the games again.

Last edited by codezer0,

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
How am I supposed to PKhex with a real cartridge? I don't give a damn about the dialga in there... I'm after my first legit shiney with the Darkrai that is still in there, that I had to migrate back out of Pokemon ranch on my personal Wii system. At present, I have no way of dumping, or writing, such a save from the real games. I used to, but I believe that homebrew required a DS lite and the ability to FTP back and forth on Windows XP... neither of which I have anymore. my oldest PC now runs Windows 7, my main runs Windows 10, and the oldest DS system that still works for me is my DSi XL.

Yea, and I updated to 4.1.1, and it still doesn't even let me see what I have on there.

I don't ever want to go through Gen 4 or 5 again. Those games made me nearly swear off the franchise permanently. It took a lot to even get me to try Gen 6 and actually want to play the games again.

Brah, JKSM lets you dump and inject 3ds games saves and TWLSaveTool lets you dump and inject DS cartridge saves. As far as I can deduct from your text you have Homebrew at least.

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It's impossible that you updated to 4.1.1 and you still have those icons greyed out. Damn, I know what I coded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...