Hacking Play backups form a disc

t_jay17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read this and thought I should share.

QUOTE said:
Jamal94 one of our new PSX-SCENE members, after experimenting with his PS3 and new jailbreak device, has found out that once you backup your original PS3 game via the "backup manager" to an USB HDD, and then transfer the game to your PC, and burn it onto a normal DVD-R disc (if the game is small enough!), you can then insert it back into your jailbroken PS3 and play it.

You must ask why? -- Is this news! -- The amazing thing that Jamal94 found out with his experiment is, that games that previously had major problems with game updates, save files, and not loading via your USB HDD, now play perfectly without any problems, when running via "backup manager" on a burned DVD-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal94
Play PS3 Backup game disc!

Requirements:

1) Jailbroken PS3 with Backup Manager, running v3.41 firmware!
2) Any Original Game Disc or Any Jailbroken game files
3) Nero or any similar program on your PC.
4) USB HDD

If you have your jailbroken game files skip to step 4

Step1: Launch Backup Manager and Backup the original disc to the Ext. HDD

Step2: Plug the Usb HDD to the pc and Browse to "X:/GAMEZ/[title_id] Ex. "G:/GAMEZ/BLES00188"

Step3: Copy the contents of the [TITLE_ID] DIRECTORY to New folder on your desktop
* Contents of [title_id] a)PS3_DISC.sfb B) PS3_UPDATE C)PS3_GAME

Step4: Burn the Contents of the jailbroken game to any type of disc
* Contents of [title_id] a)PS3_DISC.sfb B) PS3_UPDATE C)PS3_GAME

Step5: Insert the Disc in the Jailbroken PS3

Step6: Launch Backup Manager and load the Disk
* Note: The disc icon will not appear

Now it should launch and you can update and play without any problems!

NOTES:

1) You can use Internal Hdd and copy the files using FTP Homebrew.

2) It only can read the jailbroken games that was ripped from discs using backup manager. It can't read a game that was not backed up by backup manager.

3) If the backup manager could not read the disc, then try launching the backup manager first, then insert the disc. If this still doesn't work, insert the disc while you are at the XMB and wait until the PS3 reads it as a data disc, then launch backup manager.

4) It has been confirmed by MRelectro713 that it works with updates and saves with no problems.

5) Thanks for XsilentX help in writing my first news post!
nayps3.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
+1 SpaceJump

That can't be correct.

I thought game updates were entirely separate from PSN. As long as you had network connectivity, I thought you could get game updates.

BD-R appears to be working, though reports on that conflict slightly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==