skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
dsnes.jpg

Take all the random crap you can stuff into your DS's GBA slot. Nintendo-related or otherwise. Now pile them all into a hill. Because this King needs a hill to be King of. This is the CYBER Familator Lite. You plug it into your GBA slot, you plug in a Famicom cartridge, and you can play Famicom games on it. No need for wires, no need for Ben Heck, it all just works. Thing's even got a TV-out port, so your whole family can watch you stumble through Japanese Famicom games with little/no idea of what the hell's going on.

sources:
http://www.cybergadget.co.jp/news/topics/tx20071120-1.html
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/11/24/famicom...-the-ds-useful/
http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo-ds/play-...r-ds-326170.php

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recall lik sang also had something like this for the GBA. Wonder if it is the usual "pirate" nes chips retasked though.

jsmith45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall lik sang also had something like this for the GBA. Wonder if it is the usual "pirate" nes chips retasked though.
Consider the TV out feature. Clearly the only easy way to support that would be to use a NES system-on-a-chip. However, it is worth noting that it must be running some real DS code to read the buttons, to display the output, and to output the sound. So it is a somewhat more sophisticated than most NES system-on-a-chip applications, but still not ideal. What would be much more interesting is an SNES-on-a-chip system. I'm sure the people here could find a way to hack such a device, to do some useful things. Consider how that would improve SNES emulation. The System-on-a-chip would be emulating the SNES primary processor, leaving the DS's processors to interface with it, and to emulate the special co-processors that some carts use. That would be nice.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is pretty cool...

Looks ugly though... That's why we have nesDS.
biggrin.gif

I guess this won't be making it's way over to the US anytime soon?

~Nero

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well....let's see....I have over 300 NES games on my SCminiSD and no actual NES carts. I have a PC NES emu with like ALL the NES ROMs, so.......
rolleyes.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how many doraemon games would a wood doraemon doraemon if a wood doraemon could doraemon wood?

useless junk perhaps, FDS system I'm not sure if it is emulated or not tho.. I used to play doki doki panic on FCE Ultra. Weird game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out