Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
update your system ?
really, that's the easiest and safest and most compatible method.

Just be sure to have Haxchi already installed, or it would be a little harder to do it on 5.5.2 (not impossible).

If you really want to play without update:
did you try launching the game while being offline?
the console doesn't tell you "launch anyway" ?

If you can launch it at all, you might have to try with loadiine, but it has less compatibility.

again, the easiest method is to update.

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
update your system ?
really, that's the easiest and safest and most compatible method.

Just be sure to have Haxchi already installed, or it would be a little harder to do it on 5.5.2 (not impossible).

If you really want to play without update:
did you try launching the game while being offline?
the console doesn't tell you "launch anyway" ?

If you can launch it at all, you might have to try with loadiine, but it has less compatibility.

again, the easiest method is to update.

it did come up lunch anyway and but said i need system update but if i do update the system will i loose the homebrew hack

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no updating the system doesn't delete the installed hacks.
you need to do it properly.
Maybe you can follow kafluke's WiiU guide.

Also, are you sure it's not just a game update it's asking, instead of console's system update?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it did come up lunch anyway and but said i need system update but if i do update the system will i loose the homebrew hack
What cfw are you using if its haxchi/cold boot haxchi then just go ahead and update and all homebrew will still work perfectly. If you are using mocha/browser hax then you can still go ahead and update the only downside is the browser hack is less reliable on the latest fireware. Also if its botw that is saying the system needs updated ignore this its a game update not a system update.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

jamespoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What cfw are you using if its haxchi/cold boot haxchi then just go ahead and update and all homebrew will still work perfectly. If you are using mocha/browser hax then you can still go ahead and update the only downside is the browser hack is less reliable on the latest fireware. Also if its botw that is saying the system needs updated ignore this its a game update not a system update.

i think it was haxchi i used Brain Training game

yes it is botw says system update but if i download and install the update for the game would it work?

Last edited by jamespoo,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my Wii U is setup to boot automatically into CBHC Haxchi. So I can go ahead and update the system and not lose anything? Cuz I can’t get Smash or Mario Tennis to play cuz they ask for a system update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my Wii U is setup to boot automatically into CBHC Haxchi. So I can go ahead and update the system and not lose anything? Cuz I can’t get Smash or Mario Tennis to play cuz they ask for a system update.

yes, you have to reinstall cbhc, so you can install it on the latest firmware and lose nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia +1