Playstation classic

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno, I have a hacked PSTV with dualshocks 3 controllers....it still a Sony pruduct, the controllers are basically DualShocks 1 and the emulation is better, you can put a 128GB mini USB Flash drive. Unless hackers make it better than a PSTV I don't see a reason to ever buy one.
to be a fair a homebrew wii u can do better than an nes classic but people still bought it in droves. however i will say that using pal titles for this was monumentaly stupid.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand it’s “classic” but to omit analog, scan lines, and decent games just leads me to think that either there will be a second or even third version featuring different peripherals and games, or (more likely) the hackers will DEFINITELY do what nintendont... I mean sonydont XD.

Use any usb controller, add any games you want, external hdd support... cough.. aim track or dolphin bar... cough... would be great :)

Don't forget forcing PAL games being another bad decision. 50 Hz runs badly on here.

Reactions: KiiWii

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once we hack it it'll be flawless.... I mean we can do so much with the SNES classic.
-Dualshock support (highly likely)
-New games (duh)
-All NTSC games (sure)
-background music? Maybe...
-shaders, resolution hack

I don't understand the hate towards plug and play systems. I mean, yeah we can emulate everything on anything nowadays. I see people pay for a PSX case for their pie... why would paying for a whole product be bad?

Also who has a PSTV? Who still has a PS3? I know many people do, but it's still not many. PSVita TV/PSTV wasn't such a success. Even the vita wasn't...

Reactions: CaptainSodaPop

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
to be a fair a homebrew wii u can do better than an nes classic but people still bought it in droves. however i will say that using pal titles for this was monumentaly stupid.
I get your point but in that case the controller and hardware was different and bigger...the PSTV is the size of a Pi and uses the original controller WITH analog and it has partial real PSX hardware.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It runs badly everywhere. 50hz hasn't been used in ages in Europe but i do see a lot of people pressuming that. Not saying you do but youtubers like rgt85 do

There is absolutely no reason for them to use PAL ISO images in regions that never used it. Sony is just being stupid. And PCSX ReARMed isn't that great on anything but weak CPUs.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It runs badly everywhere. 50hz hasn't been used in ages in Europe but i do see a lot of people pressuming that. Not saying you do but youtubers like rgt85 do

That rgt85 guy is an idiot,like we here in euozone play still on 50hz,that was in the '80s,and his video's its like he is on 1gr of speed,i never hear a guy speaking as fast as that guy.
Its just sony that mades bad decisions.

Last edited by fille,
Reactions: kumikochan

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There is absolutely no reason for them to use PAL ISO images in regions that never used it. Sony is just being stupid. And PCSX ReARMed isn't that great on anything but weak CPUs.
There's also no reason to use pal images in Europe seeing no tv's run in 50hz anymore and haven't done so in ages. My tv even runs at 100hz

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's also no reason to use pal images in Europe seeing no tv's run in 50hz anymore and haven't done so in ages. My tv even runs at 100hz

I own 3x 2730 pvms and 2x 14'' trinitron crt's,and they run in pal 50hz and ntsc 60hz.
The problem whas that you buyed a pal region snes for example you played 50hz,cause those mods that exist now where not possible.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
We have flatscreen TV’s that support 50hz in American. I bought a 120hz display in 2015 and it supports 24, 25, 30, 50, 60, 72, 75hz. For some reason it doesn’t support 120hz in PC mode I ran an EDID check. I probably could force it with an app but maybe I might break my TV. Too scared to check and waste money.

Last edited by SG854,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I own 3x 2730 pvms and 2x 14'' trinitron crt's,and they run in pal 50hz and ntsc 60hz.
The problem whas that you buyed a pal region snes for example you played 50hz,cause those mods that exist now where not possible.
Crt's do but i was talking about the last 20 years. Not a single tv runs now in 50hz so it's pointless to even include pal images for the european region.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
50 Hz refresh rates or even PSX PAL games are useless in 2018. The games that are PAL on the PSX Classic don't even need multiple languages to navigate really. Sony sucks big time.

Reactions: kumikochan

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
We have flatscreen TV’s that support 50hz in American. I bought a 120hz display in 2015 and it supports 24, 25, 30, 60, 72, 75hz. For some reason it doesn’t support 120hz in PC mode I ran an EDID check. I probably could force it with an app but maybe I might break my TV. Too scared to check and waste money.
Ofcourse, a 4k tv runs everything below 4k and a 144hz monitor runs everything below 144hz. I really don't get your point ?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Ofcourse, a 4k tv runs everything below 4k and a 144hz monitor runs everything below 144hz. I really don't get your point ?
It’s a 1080p display.

Your flat screen displays should support 50hz. You said not a single display supports 50hz but that’s not true. We haven’t been limited by region frame rates ever since flat screens came out.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Those company's like microsoft-sony and nintendo make sometimes ridicilous decisions where i have my concers.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It’s a 1080p display.

Your flat screen displays should support 50hz. You said not a single display supports 50hz but that’s not true. We haven’t been limited by region frame rates ever since flat screens came out.
I did not say that. Read again. Your argument doesn't even make sense. It's always support up to and everything below. That's basic knowledge. What are you trying to get at ? Is it that ur trying to pull something out of context just to win a bullshit argument that doesn't even make sense ?

Last edited by kumikochan,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
You said no TV runs runs in 50hz anymore.

Unless you are talking about no content has been made in 50hz anymore which is different from no tv.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You said no TV runs runs in 50hz anymore.

Unless you are talking about no content has been made in 50hz anymore which is different from no tv.
Ur pulling it out of context. Like i said, it's always supports up to and everything below. That is basic knowledge. Go troll somebody else

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That video at 8:50 in, PCSX ReARMed can't even emulate the battle swirl properly :lol: Something even ePSXe has emulated correctly for years. Sony failed hard.

It’s a 1080p display.

50 Hz is useless in 2018, and no PSX games ever used the PAL's 576 line resolution, most games never did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the chicken