Playstation classic

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Someone knows how to use bleem sync and select triangle menu script together?
For Bleemsync 0.2.2:
Windows users please use a texteditor with unix fileformat support (like notepad++ (google it)) to apply. Just to be safe.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# BleemSync Payload 0.2.2
killall -s KILL sonyapp ui_menu

PCSX_DIR="/data/AppData/sony/pcsx"

# Extract system files to avoid crashing
mkdir -p /media/System
mkdir -p /media/System/Bios
mkdir -p /media/System/Preferences
mkdir -p /media/System/Preferences/System
mkdir -p /media/System/Preferences/User
mkdir -p /media/System/Databases
mkdir -p /media/System/Region
mkdir -p /media/System/Logs
mkdir -p /media/System/UI

if [ ! -f /media/System/Bios/romw.bin ]
then
        cp -r /gaadata/system/bios/* /media/System/Bios
fi

if [ ! -f /media/System/Preferences/regional.pre ]
then
        cp /gaadata/preferences/regional.pre /media/System/Preferences/regional.pre
fi

if [ ! -f /media/System/Region/GENINFO ]
then
        cp /gaadata/geninfo/* /media/System/Region
fi

if [ ! -f /media/System/Logs/ui_menu.log ]
then
        touch /media/System/Logs/ui_menu.log
fi

# Overmount some folders
mount -o bind /media/System/Bios /gaadata/system/bios
mount -o bind /media/System/Preferences/System /gaadata/preferences
mount -o bind /media/System/Preferences/User /data/AppData/sony/ui
mount -o bind /media/System/Databases /gaadata/databases
mount -o bind /media/System/Region /gaadata/geninfo
mount -o bind /media/System/Logs/UI /data/sony/ui

killall ui_menu

# The pcsx.cfg file needs to be copied into the user data folder or controllers may not work.
cd /media/Games
find * -maxdepth 0 -type d -exec mount -o bind /media/Games/{}/GameData /gaadata/{} \;

find * -maxdepth 0 -type d -exec mkdir -p /media/Games/{}/UserData \;
find * -maxdepth 0 -type d -exec mount -o bind /media/Games/{}/UserData /data/AppData/sony/pcsx/{} \;

find * -maxdepth 0 -type d -exec mkdir -p /data/AppData/sony/pcsx/{}/.pcsx \;
find * -maxdepth 0 -type d -exec cp /media/Games/{}/GameData/pcsx.cfg /data/AppData/sony/pcsx/{}/.pcsx/pcsx.cfg \;

cd -

##
## Grabbed from sonyapp
mkdir -p $PCSX_DIR/.pcsx

BIOS_SRC=/gaadata/system/bios
if [ ! -e $BIOS_SRC ]; then
    BIOS_SRC=/usr/sony/bin/bios
fi

if [ ! -e $PCSX_DIR/bios/SCPH1001.BIN ]; then
    echo "bios file 0 not exist"
    cp $BIOS_SRC/SCPH1001.BIN $PCSX_DIR/bios/
elif [ "$(stat -c%s $PCSX_DIR/bios/SCPH1001.BIN)" -eq "0" ]; then
    echo "bios file 0 is zero length"
    cp $BIOS_SRC/SCPH1001.BIN $PCSX_DIR/bios/
fi

if [ ! -e $PCSX_DIR/bios/romJP.bin ]; then
    echo "bios file 1 not exist"
    cp $BIOS_SRC/romJP.bin $PCSX_DIR/bios/
elif [ "$(stat -c%s $PCSX_DIR/bios/romJP.bin)" -eq "0" ]; then
    echo "bios file 1 is zero length"
    cp $BIOS_SRC/romJP.bin $PCSX_DIR/bios/
fi

if [ ! -e $PCSX_DIR/bios/romw.bin ]; then
    echo "bios file 2 not exist"
    cp $BIOS_SRC/romw.bin $PCSX_DIR/bios/
elif [ "$(stat -c%s $PCSX_DIR/bios/romw.bin)" -eq "0" ]; then
    echo "bios file 2 is zero length"
    cp $BIOS_SRC/romw.bin $PCSX_DIR/bios/
fi

PLUGINS_SRC=/usr/sony/bin/plugins
if [ ! -e $PCSX_DIR/plugins ]; then
    echo "plugins directory not exist"
    mkdir -p $PCSX_DIR/plugins
fi

for f in `ls $PLUGINS_SRC`; do
    if [ ! -e $PCSX_DIR/plugins/$f ]; then
    echo "$f file not exist"
    cp $PLUGINS_SRC/$f $PCSX_DIR/plugins/
    elif [ "$(stat -c%s $PCSX_DIR/plugins/$f)" -eq "0" ]; then
        echo "$f file is zero length"
        cp $PLUGINS_SRC/$f $PCSX_DIR/plugins/
    fi
done
##
##

sed -i "s/iUiUserSettingLastSelectGameCursorPos.*/iUiUserSettingLastSelectGameCursorPos=0/" /data/AppData/sony/ui/user.pre

find / > /media/filelist.log

sleep 3s
sync
export PCSX_ESC_KEY=2
killall ui_menu
sync
cd /data/AppData/sony/pcsx
/usr/sony/bin/ui_menu --power-off-enable > /media/System/Logs/ui_menu.log

sync

red_led "12" "0.3"

while :; do sleep 10; done

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also messed around with Bleemsync 0.2.2 for a while and then reverted to gpghax. ;)

Here are some findings.

First, with the current files hosted at the gpghax github, we get our regional.db backups, so we can revert our consoles to "stock" (with savefiles for 21+ still on the console, but wayne (= whatever, german meme).. ;) ), so get a copy.

With Bleemsync one thing becomes "impossible" (/harder) and that is, to have access to all the games on the console, as well as on your usb stick. Its either or (USB stick in or out). I dont like that so much -

so I dumped all the game files and savegames from the console, formated them in the correct way for Bleemsync, and tried to create the db file (using the exe) just to find out, that Bleemsyncs exe on its own currently supports 20 games - and not any more. Which had me miffed. Maybe psclassic edit does - but at least my attempts to edit the db file manually resulted in not being able to launch game 21. (Question: Was anyone in here able to launcha game 21 or higher with Bleemsync?)

I also came to notice, that with 20 games read from the USB stick (Bleemsync), menu navigation became much slower - which I didn't terribly enjoy either.

So for me its back to gpghax, with only one added game - which is then used with esc menu to load in multiple other games.

I also modified the gpghax lolhack.sh once more to only write the database file onto the console once - so that doesnt end up to become an issue further down the road.

If you want to have it write the database file again, you have to remove a textfile named dontinstalldb.txt from the games folder.

If anyone is still interested in an updated gpghax lolhack.sh (although gpghax isnt publicly available anymore) - here you go:
Windows users please use a texteditor with unix fileformat support (like notepad++ (google it)) to apply. Just to be safe.
Code:
#link the usb drive dirs into the /gaadata
cd /media/games
for D in *; do
    if [ -d "${D}" ]; then
        ln -s /media/games/${D} /gaadata/${D}
    fi
done

#backup the original db (will not overwrite the file after the first backup)
cp -n /gaadata/databases/regional.db /media/games/backup.db

#install our custom db
if [ ! -f /media/games/dontinstalldb.txt ]
then
        cp /media/games/custom.db /gaadata/databases/regional.db
fi

#sync usb drive
sync

# kill the ui process
killall ui_menu

sleep 3s
touch /media/games/dontinstalldb.txt
sync
export PCSX_ESC_KEY=2
killall ui_menu
sync
cd /data/AppData/sony/pcsx
/usr/sony/bin/ui_menu --power-off-enable > /media/ui_menu.log

sync

while :; do sleep 10; done

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
SONY ARE SUCH MORONS.... UNBEFREAKINGLEAVABLE

Final Fantasy 7 - as well as many other games I'm sure - can be played in DOUBLE RESOLUTION, without any additional issues or performance loss, by setting the "double resolution" setting of the default graphics plugin to on. There is also a speedhack for double resolution, but in case of FF7 it isnt needed (with speedhack sound hitches at screen transitions, without everything is fine).

Also - the setting seemingly doesnt save (be careful with saving emulation settings if you use gpghax - and dont use the save "globally" feature, as it alters the default state of the system), although I still need to doublecheck - so it has to be re-set after each boot of a game, but thats easily and quickly done. The setting applies in real time, no reboot needed.

Whats the difference? Glad you asked...

Default:
dSGA7WK.jpg

With double resolution enabled.

(Look at the character models, the backgrounds are prerendered and dont change.)

Where to find the setting (select+triangle Menu):
Options>Plugins>configure built-in GPU plugin (from memory, could be slightly different)

Same goes for Chrono Cross, no sound hitches. Just double resolution for free. I'll make a video tomorrow.
edit: Chrono Cross now slightly stutters (sound) when entering battles (the battle swirl), so there is a slight performance cost, but the benefits... (wait for the comparison video.. ;) )

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yeah, double resolution, who needs it.... *morons*

Also shows you what a gaggle of about 20 youtubers "reviewing" and "hacking" the system is worth. Nothing. They had the system for a week. Failed to notice, that this was in there. (And yes, its actually more like quadrupling the internal resolution, but lets keep it digestible for people out there.. ;) )

Last edited by notimp,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You mean for them to use pngs rather than text?
Yes, and everything else.
The Japanese have something for gratuitous use of text as images (guilty: a truckload of websites)...

The original multibin image of Dead or Alive had 29 .bin files. You dont get many more than that.
Well...
FILE "The Smurfs [SLES-01749].bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
ISRC 0P4007300424
INDEX 01 42:35:59
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 00 43:18:06
INDEX 01 43:20:06
TRACK 04 AUDIO
INDEX 00 44:31:61
INDEX 01 44:33:61
TRACK 05 AUDIO
INDEX 00 45:27:43
INDEX 01 45:29:43
TRACK 06 AUDIO
INDEX 00 46:21:74
INDEX 01 46:23:74
TRACK 07 AUDIO
INDEX 00 47:41:32
INDEX 01 47:43:32
TRACK 08 AUDIO
INDEX 00 49:40:48
INDEX 01 49:42:48
TRACK 09 AUDIO
INDEX 00 50:08:49
INDEX 01 50:10:49
TRACK 10 AUDIO
INDEX 00 51:05:71
INDEX 01 51:07:71
TRACK 11 AUDIO
INDEX 00 52:21:72
INDEX 01 52:23:72
TRACK 12 AUDIO
INDEX 00 54:07:73
INDEX 01 54:09:73
TRACK 13 AUDIO
INDEX 00 54:46:72
INDEX 01 54:48:72
TRACK 14 AUDIO
INDEX 00 56:17:67
INDEX 01 56:19:67
TRACK 15 AUDIO
INDEX 00 58:15:04
INDEX 01 58:17:04
TRACK 16 AUDIO
INDEX 00 59:34:37
INDEX 01 59:36:37
TRACK 17 AUDIO
INDEX 00 60:00:38
INDEX 01 60:02:38
TRACK 18 AUDIO
INDEX 00 60:49:62
INDEX 01 60:51:62
TRACK 19 AUDIO
INDEX 00 61:39:26
INDEX 01 61:41:26
TRACK 20 AUDIO
INDEX 00 62:31:09
INDEX 01 62:33:09
TRACK 21 AUDIO
INDEX 00 62:39:49
INDEX 01 62:41:49
TRACK 22 AUDIO
INDEX 00 62:48:05
INDEX 01 62:50:05
TRACK 23 AUDIO
INDEX 00 62:58:00
INDEX 01 63:00:00
TRACK 24 AUDIO
INDEX 00 63:06:19
INDEX 01 63:08:19
TRACK 25 AUDIO
INDEX 00 63:15:49
INDEX 01 63:17:49
TRACK 26 AUDIO
INDEX 00 63:24:55
INDEX 01 63:26:55
TRACK 27 AUDIO
INDEX 00 63:34:14
INDEX 01 63:36:14
TRACK 28 AUDIO
INDEX 00 63:43:09
INDEX 01 63:45:09
TRACK 29 AUDIO
INDEX 00 63:51:31
INDEX 01 63:53:31
TRACK 30 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:00:21
INDEX 01 64:02:21
TRACK 31 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:09:65
INDEX 01 64:11:65
TRACK 32 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:17:33
INDEX 01 64:19:33
TRACK 33 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:26:02
INDEX 01 64:28:02
TRACK 34 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:32:25
INDEX 01 64:34:25
TRACK 35 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:38:55
INDEX 01 64:40:55
TRACK 36 AUDIO
ISRC ?P4006300645
INDEX 00 64:45:57
INDEX 01 64:47:57
TRACK 37 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:52:00
INDEX 01 64:54:00
TRACK 38 AUDIO
INDEX 00 64:58:71
INDEX 01 65:00:71
TRACK 39 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:06:46
INDEX 01 65:08:46
TRACK 40 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:13:20
INDEX 01 65:15:20
TRACK 41 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:19:39
INDEX 01 65:21:39
TRACK 42 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:26:05
INDEX 01 65:28:05
TRACK 43 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:32:43
INDEX 01 65:34:43
TRACK 44 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:38:71
INDEX 01 65:40:71
TRACK 45 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:50:35
INDEX 01 65:52:35
TRACK 46 AUDIO
INDEX 00 65:59:37
INDEX 01 66:01:37
TRACK 47 AUDIO
INDEX 00 66:08:66
INDEX 01 66:10:66
TRACK 48 AUDIO
INDEX 00 66:19:25
INDEX 01 66:21:25
TRACK 49 AUDIO
INDEX 00 66:30:02
INDEX 01 66:32:02
TRACK 50 AUDIO
INDEX 00 66:39:36
INDEX 01 66:41:36
;)

Chris1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, double resolution, who needs it.... *morons*

Also shows you what a gaggle of about 20 youtubers "reviewing" and "hacking" the system is worth. Nothing. They had the system for a week. Failed to notice, that this was in there. (And yes, its actually more like quadrupling the internal resolution, but lets keep it digestible for people out there.. ;) )

WOW you are a god. Still talking you crap and hating as usual I see. How about you try actually talking in your videos since you know so much genius instead of just hitting the record button and thinking your a GOD for doing so!

Last edited by Chris1979,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SONY ARE SUCH MORONS.... UNBEFREAKINGLEAVABLE

Final Fantasy 7 - as well as many other games I'm sure - can be played in DOUBLE RESOLUTION, without any additional issues or performance loss, by setting the "double resolution" setting of the default graphics plugin to on. There is also a speedhack for double resolution, but in case of FF7 it isnt needed (with speedhack sound hitches at screen transitions, without everything is fine).

Also - the setting seemingly doesnt save (be careful with saving emulation settings if you use gpghax - and dont use the save "globally" feature, as it alters the default state of the system), although I still need to doublecheck - so it has to be re-set after each boot of a game, but thats easily and quickly done. The setting applies in real time, no reboot needed.

Whats the difference? Glad you asked...

Default:
dSGA7WK.jpg

With double resolution enabled.

(Look at the character models, the backgrounds are prerendered and dont change.)

Where to find the setting (select+triangle Menu):
Options>Plugins>configure built-in GPU plugin (from memory, could be slightly different)

Same goes for Chrono Cross, no sound hitches. Just double resolution for free. I'll make a video tomorrow.
edit: Chrono Cross now slightly stutters (sound) when entering battles (the battle swirl), so there is a slight performance cost, but the benefits... (wait for the comparison video.. ;) )

It's a shame that framebuffer effects in FF7 look like vomit, they don't even emulate the battle swirl properly. Unless you can change those too.

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hopefully it will be possible to replace the existing emulator with something better. The hardware should be capable of so much more than what is currently offered.

Loading custom games is already a great first step though. Really looking forward to see where the homebrew community will be able to take this system.

Last edited by Trice,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully it will be possible to replace the existing emulator with something better. The hardware should be capable of so much more than what is currently offered.

Loading custom games is already a great first step though. Really looking forward to see where the homebrew community will be able to take this system.

There isn't much better for ARM PSX emulators, and Beetle PSX would be too demanding.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Then I'd become a youtuber and be working for the man. ;) I'll try to prevent that at all cost. ;)

Also - I acknowledge that the last video might have been rather boring to watch (having to sit through a rather long intro - ) but the one before that actually had some artistic merit to it. Not my art - but the art form several of 90s video games. :)

There is also another point that speaks against it, and that is - that I usually think about stuff, and how to contextualize it while writing. So I'd have to write longform scripts, somewhat modifying my thought process for my desired audience of youtube consumer, then muster all the energy to fake smile throughout the video, lamenting how much I care about like and subscribe.

That - and that I also worked in video game journalism for a while, in a former life - way back when people actually still read words on paper. Back then I told people that the future would be quite personalized and driven by peoples adornment for a person or character - but everyone mostly just laughed (apart from Giant Bomb - who got that concept, but then were no match for the "whats hip crowd - mingled in with embedded marketing", also currently they are a bit slow to realize, that both Sony and Nintendo exiting out of E3 is basically massage control - because their own events are less press focused, more marketing driven...).

So in essence what I am saying is -

- Just because I provide video material (really just playing with an android capture box)
- and because I know a few things, and can write poignant biting commentary
- and I have a sonore voice and limited TV production experience

I basically still despise every youtuber out there - for taking far less, adding more production value - and capturing popular opinions (Never miss a trend, if everyone else says that the PS Classic is sh*t and you dont have anything to add, or your own opinion - just make a video. Use them youtube font treatments - become a star. If anyone is interested, watch the last videos linked int he "Asocial media" thread in offtopic, there people basically talk about how this concept is sold to the underclasses (not my words), to aspire to also become famous for doing - essentially nothing. They are getting nowhere in life, but at least they could become famous...).

My medium is text. But most people dont like to read anymore.
I though something I made had artistic merrit, but people nagged me for a voice over track.
I said I despise social media, for having leveled the playing field to a point where the most calculated, and yet low effort "content" gets featured more, than any actual interesting thought - and they told me, hey try becoming a youtuber - you might be good. :)

There is another thing that I have noticed, playing five six games from my childhood. Somehow, those still had character. I've seen more noir, grungey, defiant characters in the past two days playing 90s video games, than I see in all of todays game productions the entire year.

I've seen Persona progressing from a weird, even almost edgy format about discovery of the world, and to some extent even its crises, to a - "its important to care about your friends" teenage high school drama.

Heck, I played a Kojima Game just now in which the third thing listed in here happened ( http://www.hexdidnt.clara.net/policenauts/faq/spoil5.htm ) and all I could think about was "never in todays world". Its not that I feel nostalgic about it -

- its just a long realization, that back then videogames were somehow an artform, something new, something where people still strived to reach new boundries - and today, they are commercial "second life experiences" that cater to... something different.

And If you needed a lesson in "its all about the money grab - no one really cared", the PS Classic really is it - and that includes the youtuber experience (still holding at "at least one factual error in every PS Classic video I watched - and I dont mean got a date wrong, or bad grammar, no - didnt understand a concept, they were talking about as if they did).

I dont think the "antidote" to that can be found on youtube, and also, I'm not that motivated to try to want to be it either. Hey - I'm just a pseudoanonymous voice in a forum. That produces walls of text (I decided, I'm taking this phrase back and making it a positive.. ;) ).

TLDR: All of this: Flavor. No content. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There isn't much better for ARM PSX emulators, and Beetle PSX would be too demanding.
Yeah, I know, but as far as I heard the used version of PCSX ReARMed isn't up to date and even using the same emulator on the SNES Mini which is less powerful than the PS Classic leads to better performance. Please feel free to correct me if I missed anything.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know, but as far as I heard the used version of PCSX ReARMed isn't up to date and even using the same emulator on the SNES Mini which is less powerful than the PS Classic leads to better performance. Please feel free to correct me if I missed anything.

I don't know about that, never used Snes Classic to run PSX

Chris1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its better with some games but some have issues for sure compatibility isn't the greatest

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys...after talking shit about the PSX Classic, I got one as a gift from my non-gamer wife...so can't return it...as there is no tutorial or anything concrete yet...If I just want to have the emulator menu mapped to the controller and load games from a USB flash-drive and NOT having them on the main menu, what's the best way...a mini tutorial perhaps?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You've heard that in the same youtube video, where the guy said he has to always overcorrect in Ridge Racer with left/right to get his d-pad "centered" on the PS Classic.

Then theres the thing, that PCSXRearmed hasnt been updated in about two years anyhow - and that consumers use the word "updated" to mean "better" - so I'd say that this information is entirely bullshit, just based on perception alone (without seeing version numbers).

That said, the guy who ported retroarch cores to the SNES classic apparently even touched emulator code here and there for some reason (its odd to be hones), so that could qualify as an "update" - but would rather be a fork, and I'm not sure if he did that for PCSXRearmed and to what extent, and where the changes where upstreamed to. And I doubt with 99% perceived certainty that the youtuber that started this myth did the legwork to find out.

Hey guys...after talking shit about the PSX Classic, I got one as a gift from my non-gamer wife...so can't return it...as there is no tutorial or anything concrete yet...If I just want to have the emulator menu mapped to the controller and load games from a USB flash-drive and NOT having them on the main menu, what's the best way...a mini tutorial perhaps?
I never do mini tutorials on request, but since this is a rather "sane" approach and a somewhat valid alternative to the current bleemsync method (which is also fine) -

Download BleemSync from here:
https://github.com/pathartl/BleemSync/releases/tag/0.3.1

Extract the folders to a FAT32 (32K Clustersize) formated USB Stick named SONY (named during the formating). Not all USB Sticks work. Apparently.

Delete the Games and BleemSync folders from the stick again.

Replace the contents of boot.sh with the following:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/playstation-classic.522781/page-15#post-8419003
(Link says to replace the contents of lolsync.sh - but replace the contents of boot.sh instead. In current BleemSync versions, lolsync now runs a little sed script that makes sure that even if you use a windows text editor, stuff now works - so thats a good thing. Leave lolhack.sh as is, replace the contents of boot.sh instead.)

Put a folder with your games onto the USB stick.

Only then boot up your system - from a cold boot (usb power unplugged, then plugged back in). You have to coldboot everytime from now on - if you want to use the hack.

This doesnt modify your Playstation Classics content/files in any way - so it should be rather safe. Your save files will end up on the memory card of the game you boot into to before using select+triangle to enter the esc menu. In the esc menu you can then load in the other games on your usb folder (Options>Load CD image from memory). Folder navigation in the Load CD image dialog is a bit non standard (only one item on screen left/right to change, use .. to go up an instance, USB stick should be mounted under /media/), but actually works quite well.

Last edited by notimp,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You've heard that in the same youtube video, where the guy said he has to always overcorrect in Ridge Racer with left/right to get his d-pad "centered" on the PS Classic.

Then theres the thing, that PCSXRearmed hasnt been updated in about two years anyhow - and that consumers use the word "updated" to mean "better" - so I'd say that this information is entirely bullshit, just based on perception alone (without seeing version numbers).

That said, the guy who ported retroarch cores to the SNES classic apparently even touched emulator code here and there for some reason (its odd to be hones), so that could qualify as an "update" - but would rather be a fork, and I'm not sure if he did that for PCSXRearmed and to what extent, and where the changes where upstreamed to. And I doubt with 99% perceived certainty that the youtuber that started this myth did the legwork to find out.

I never do mini tutorials on request, but since this is a rather "sane" approach and a somewhat valid alternative to the current bleemsync method (which is also fine) -

Download BleemSync from here:
https://github.com/pathartl/BleemSync/releases/tag/0.3.1

Extract the folders to a FAT32 (32K Clustersize) formated USB Stick named SONY (named during the formating). Not all USB Sticks work. Apparently.

Delete the Games and BleemSync folders from the stick again.

Replace the contents of boot.sh with the following:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/playstation-classic.522781/page-15#post-8419003
(Link says to replace the contents of lolsync.sh - but replace the contents of boot.sh instead. In current BleemSync versions, lolsync now runs a little sed script that makes sure that even if you use a windows text editor, stuff now works - so thats a good thing. Leave lolhack.sh as is, replace the contents of boot.sh instead.)

Put a folder with your games onto the USB stick.

Only then boot up your system - from a cold boot (usb power unplugged, then plugged back in). You have to coldboot everytime from now on - if you want to use the hack.

This doesnt modify your Playstation Classics content/files in any way - so it should be rather safe. Your save files will end up on the memory card of the game you boot into to before using select+triangle to enter the esc menu. In the esc menu you can then load in the other games on your usb folder (Options>Load CD image from memory). Folder navigation in the Load CD image dialog is a bit non standard (only one item on screen left/right to change, use .. to go up an instance, USB stick should be mounted under /media/), but actually works quite well.
cool thank you for this , with this it dose not mater how many games i have on my USB , also how do you run games with more then one disc ie FFiX

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ah, one more thing - the entire public, and every youtuber out there have yet to find out, that the PCSXRearmed version on the PS Classic actually comes with four different graphics plugins.

For the purpose of having you understand what that means - those are basically "four different emulators" (they are not - but its easier to grasp that way ;) ).

The appology videos from the youtubers telling you that everything they "tested" doesnt mean much, because they havent tested it against four different "versions" of PCSXRearmed, will also never happen.

Sony in most games picked the most performant one "Built in graphics plugin". But others might have better emulation on some games.

cool thank you for this , with this it dose not mater how many games i have on my USB , also how do you run games with more then one disc ie FFiX
Yes, with access to the ESC menu - you can run any number of cue/bins / pbps - and you also can run multi disc games.

ATTENTION! (with only the ESC menu hack (and not BleemSync proper) enabled) Don't save changes to the emulator settings for a game you made in the esc menu. Also NEVER hit the "save configuration globally" option in there by mistake. Those are files on your PS Classic, that will get overwritten, and for which you dont have backups.

You could draw backups with - adding the following to your .sh file (not at the end, not at the beginning, somewehere in between.. ;) ):
Code:
cp -R /data/* /media/data/
But remembering not to use those save configuration options is fine as well. ;)

Pal version of FF IX has copy protection on it hat has to be patched "away" (from the bin) first. US versions not sure.

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of...