PlayStation Vita prototype appears on eBay, listed for $20,000

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg

The PlayStation Vita never really got its chance to shine in terms of popularity, with initial supporters quick to abandon it, followed shortly by being left behind by Sony itself. However, pre-production hardware is a topic that can unite even those who weren't fans of the Vita. For those that enjoy prototype video game systems and have a lot of money to burn, this PlayStation Vita development unit might just be for you. We first saw this "slider" prototype a few years back, when a user on assemblergames got a hold of one and posted a video, showing the differences between it and a normal retail Vita. The most notable features were that the prototype used normal sized SD cards, rather than the controversial and costly proprietary memory cards, and that it slid upwards to reveal its face buttons, much like the prior PSP Go.

This development unit has resurfaced once more, with new pictures giving us another look at the original design. A seller by the name of vandalsgames has put it up for sale, for the low, low price of $19,999.00. On the auction page, the seller claims that it's a DEM-3000H84 unit on firmware 0.990, and it comes with the original power supply, an HDMI cable for the HDMI out function, and the power supply, as the prototype lacks a battery.

This is it. This is the rarest and most sought after PlayStation Vita hardware ever. This is the famous PS Vita Prototype that was has been leaked and discussed all over the web in 2014-2015.

The system is in very good shape given the nature of prototype hardware. It's fully functional and the original SD card with development files are still on there. The HDMI video out feature works perfectly. The system doesn't have a built-in internal battery, as a result, it needs a power supply source to operate.

:arrow: Source: eBay
:arrow: Source: Assemblergames video

D

Deleted User

This would have been much better. The micSD cards really would have saved it. Oh well, sd2vita all the way now...

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just before greed came and took over that lame brand owner.
If the commercially available Vita had used SD Cards instead of those overly and stupidly overpriced things
Sony has always been about gratuitous proprietary standards, well at least since the PS1 haha betamax, which lost to VHS exactly because of annoying licensing (and to Video2000 because it was too late - always wanted one of those)

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sony has always been about gratuitous proprietary standards, well at least since the PS1
I was loyal to them, I saw nintendo as junk, now I never use their shitty platform, and I don't intend buying sony stock neither a system and I bet a million dollars (jk) ps5 will be like switch, but will fail because sony won't have back compatibility and act dumb with their weird sd shit again,

Reactions: CoolStarDood

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Apparently, in Sony's eyes it goes;
-Proprietary MC > piracy
-Proprietary serial port > piracy
-Unused-unknown port >piracy

They've change the port in the Slim to say the least.
ftfy.

Sony used proprietary everything only to stop piracy, ps2 and psp got pirated to no end and sony didn't wanted the same to happen to ps3 and vita.
The thing that they didn't knew is that piracy is what makes systems sell.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ftfy.

Sony used proprietary everything only to stop piracy, ps2 and psp got pirated to no end and sony didn't wanted the same to happen to ps3 and vita.
The thing that they didn't knew is that piracy is what makes systems sell.
It didn't sell because nintendo hav pokemon

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
It didn't sell for a lot of reasons, using a useless proprietary storage medium instead of SD cards sure as heck didn't do it any favors.
that's true. but proprietary or not, the psp still sold pretty well because piracy was rampant.
the vita had state of the art security that took ages to defeat, so it didn't received the boost of sales that piracy brings.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's true. but proprietary or not, the psp still sold pretty well because piracy was rampant.
the vita had state of the art security that took ages to defeat, so it didn't received the boost of sales that piracy brings.

Hah, so much for the argument "piracy kills consoles", if anything, the DS and PSP still sold extremely well in spite of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    And has she put her boob away yet?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry:
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    I hope this is a dream and I'm not actually leaving messages for others to see. :ninja:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You are not.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: same lmao