PlayStation will be hosting a State of Play broadcast tomorrow

sop.png

Nintendo won't be the only one making waves in the headlines tomorrow--PlayStation will be right there behind them with their own broadcast. Tomorrow, September 13th, at 3pm PT/23:59 CEST, a State of Play livestream will kick off, showcasing the latest PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PS VR2 news that Sony has up its sleeves. 10 upcoming games will be shown, in a 20-minute broadcast, including ones from "Japanese partners and developers all around the world".

:arrow: Source

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, not really caring for Sony these days. In my PS4's lifetime, I have less than 2000 hours played on it, and I've had it since 2015. The only game I'm even remotely interested in on PS5 is Ratchet and Clank, and my interest is far from high enough to want to spend 750-800 bucks on an attrociously scalped PS5.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
State of Plays do not tend to carry the hype around them that Nintendo Directs do. The real question isn't about viewership though, its about the quality of games on display.

Don't know what to expect, but I do believe we'll finally get BOTW2's proper name, any info on that game is gonna have me hyped all day.
That word there is spot on. "Hype".

And all that means is a big something up to sound better than it is.

In the case for nintendo, here looks at these old titles we missed out on that the other consoles had years ago.

Ohh and heres some more old titles for you we have ported yet again.

Some small clips of other titles that aren't exactly WOW I must buy right now (unless your a devoted fan).

Sony, probably predict kojima with DS2 (1 bored the shit out of me that its the first time I'd have to say I dont like a kojima game)

But nice to brag about games when consoles are still in short supply and scalpers are raping everyone.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That word there is spot on. "Hype".
Yeah, but I think you're viewing this from a completely different angle than I was even talking about. My response was in regard to someone saying, "which one will have more viewership?!" It's not a question, it will be Nintendo. And that's where the hype factor comes into play. Nintendo have been doing these Directs for years and have built them up for their fans and the gaming world in general. Meanwhile a lot of people don't even realize that Sony does similar events now as well, they just lack that same level of hype Nintendo has managed to foster in the many years they've been doing Directs. I'm sure eventually Sony's events will get to that level too though, not sure about Xbox though, they so rarely do their digital events that I can't even remember the last one they did outside of E3, and I can't even remember what they call them, it's something stupid if I recall lol.

Again though, it's all really neither here nor there. The real way to measure who "wins" out of today's events, is who showcasing the more exciting games. And only time will tell on that matter once we see them both.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imo there's no such thing as "winning" advertisement campaigns. These are all just corporate advertisements and the corporate fanboys soy out over which one they pledge the most allegiance to. Trying to argue who wins what is pointless because it's purely about who likes what more.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Imo there's no such thing as "winning" advertisement campaigns. These are all just corporate advertisements and the corporate fanboys soy out over which one they pledge the most allegiance to. Trying to argue who wins what is pointless because it's purely about who likes what more.
For the most part is subjective as you said, but if PS5 keeps going without a proper game, it is objectively a loss.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh yeah, people do love their PS4 pro pro
I know you are being sarcastic and I forgive you. The dramatic increase in loading speeds is the only thing needed to justify the purchase imo, let alone a myriad of other perks. It could be that Pro2 is more accurate than not.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Meh, not really caring for Sony these days. In my PS4's lifetime, I have less than 2000 hours played on it, and I've had it since 2015. The only game I'm even remotely interested in on PS5 is Ratchet and Clank, and my interest is far from high enough to want to spend 750-800 bucks on an attrociously scalped PS5.
yah, i think ever since i got myself a gaming laptop a year ago i never once had an itch for a ps5.
theres literally nothing on it that id like to play.

its crazy how we have everything on pc nowadays!

if tho lets say games like persona/Dragon Quest latest of these games were ps5 only, that would make me want to get one lol

Reactions: Delerious

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes the PS5 is losing so hard that it's constantly sold out since day one.
Scalpers don't exist or anything. Not saying it's not desirable.. Just that it being "sold out" knowing full and damn well why is just a terrible argument.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Scalpers don't exist or anything. Not saying it's not desirable.. Just that it being "sold out" knowing full and damn well why is just a terrible argument.
Are you saying that scalpers control a significant number of PS5? What the fuck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz