Hacking Please help! my switch is acting up. It will turn off by itself.

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The last time I played my switch was 2 months ago. At the time it was totally fine, I used it docked and mostly used sleep mode.Then, I decided to stop playing for some times and shelfed it. Battery was around 80% when I turn it off. It was in auto rcm.

Now, when I tried to turn it on with my dongle, it wouldnt turn on like it would usually do. I figured maybe the battery drained in auto rcm mode and charged it for while. I charged it around 10 minutes and tried again with dongle and it turned on and entered hekate menu. But within 10 seconds it would turn off again and I'd have the repeat the 10 minutes charging. Also, the weird thing is that the battery is around 53%..so why would it turn off? Could it be that the battery reading in hekate is not accurate?

I tried again and this time, I immediately charged it while in hekate. It no longer turn off within 10 seconds. But for some reason it charged VERY SLOWLY. So I figured I'd launch my cfw and charge it in sleep mode like I usually do..but when it entered horizon, even with it BEING charged, it would turn off.

Please help me, this is the first time it's happening to me. I have no idea what to do. Thank you

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a complete drain you have to charge it longer than 10 min. Here's what I do. Plug the switch directly into power and let it charge for 45 min to an hour. Then boot it into CFW and it will charge the rest of the way much faster. Ignore what hekate is telling you the charge is.

Reactions: miss_nakano

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After a complete drain you have to charge it longer than 10 min. Here's what I do. Plug the switch directly into power and let it charge for 45 min to an hour. Then boot it into CFW and it will charge the rest of the way much faster. Ignore what hekate is telling you the charge is.

I see, so it was really because of me leaving the switch for 2 months.. so it is safe to ignore hekate's info on the 50% charge and conclude that my battery is really empty. Thanks, I am charging it just like you told me. I'll report again once i am able to enter horizon..

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Omg it worked now! What you really have to do is to charge it longer! I thought my switch was really done for! Any tips to prevent this in the future?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Switch seems to be a step backwards in terms of battery. I used to leave my 3DS in a drawer for months at a time and it would be exactly the same when I came back to it. The Switch I can leave 100% and yet it's nearly dead after a few weeks.

Reactions: peteruk

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah dont let it die lol. I just use sleep mode and dock it when I'm done.

What happens if you turn it off each time you are done playing? I have Autorcm and autoboot enabled in Hekate :)
I just plug in my RCMLoader and press the power button in order to boot into cfw.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a second Switch I bought a couple years ago. Never charged it. I turned it on once when I bought it, just to check the firmware. It's 2.3.0. (serial XAW 1001) Then i turned it off and stored it back in the box. That thread made me curious, so I turned it on again to check on the battery, and it was saying 49%, so it didn't lose much power, I guess, in the last couple years. But the strange thing is, when I was checking it up a few moments ago, it displayed the Low Battery warning in the top left corner. It shouldn't do that at 49% power, so the battery might be out of sync. Just to be safe, I'm charging it now. :P Then I'll turn it off again.

miss_nakano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a second Switch I bought a couple years ago. Never charged it. I turned it on once when I bought it, just to check the firmware. It's 2.3.0. (serial XAW 1001) Then i turned it off and stored it back in the box. That thread made me curious, so I turned it on again to check on the battery, and it was saying 49%, so it didn't lose much power, I guess, in the last couple years. But the strange thing is, when I was checking it up a few moments ago, it displayed the Low Battery warning in the top left corner. It shouldn't do that at 49% power, so the battery might be out of sync. Just to be safe, I'm charging it now. :P Then I'll turn it off again.

This is totally like my problem. It refused to turn on in the beginning, i then charged it for 10 minutes, it showed 50% then just turned off by itself. Seems like the battery indicator was not accurate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1