Pokemon cards

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking about that, but would it be worth the fees n shipping?
That all depends on what cards you have. No one's gonna pay you for a bunch of energy cards. The rarest ones would easily be worth it selling by themselves, but for lesser cards you might want to go with a bulk sale. You could always try game stores (not Gamestop but local ones) as well.

Reactions: WOOO1234

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mail them in a small card sized ziplock bag to prevent rain damage in a photo mailer envelope to prevent bending with a normal stamp. total cost like ¢70 vs $3 for a tracked padded envelope and a top loader even if 1 in 5 get lost my way it's significantly more economical but 1 in 5 don't get lost it's more like 1 in 15

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends what you want the money for. Card stores sometimes will give way more as instore credit but obviously you can only spend it there. I used to open Magic boosters and sell the top 10 cards to recoup the value.
They're probably best regardless. Ebay fees are a bit ridiculous. If you have a larger pool of high value cards you can just mail/ship them to one of the many sites that buy cards. It's cheap.

But just to clarify, 99% of cards are basically worthless. If they're damaged, even good cards are basically worthless though you can still sell them for like 1/3rd their mint value.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some good cards just don't want to get low balled. I know if I was to sell some singles I'd get more money as compared to bulk sale and make like almost nothing compared to actual value of what people are selling. Example mew ex on Amazon goes for $30-40 I have two so sell each one for forty. I can name like 10-15 for $200+ as compared to someone who's like $250 for them all so they can make money

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some good cards just don't want to get low balled. I know if I was to sell some singles I'd get more money as compared to bulk sale and make like almost nothing compared to actual value of what people are selling. Example mew ex on Amazon goes for $30-40 I have two so sell each one for forty. I can name like 10-15 for $200+ as compared to someone who's like $250 for them all so they can make money
Definitely sell them on Amazon or eBay buy it now individually even with selling fees you'll get way more than bulk sell.
My friend sold all his Pokemon cards on eBay all in a single listing a few months back only got $480 for cards that would have been atleast $1700 if sold individually. It's just not worth the risk of getting low bids.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now just curious did he have alot of cards or just rares? I have original rares all the way up to recent (no sun or moon cards tho) but still I'd take $500 for a quick bulk lol. Im just curious if it's worth the time. If I read correctly eBay is free to use (first 50 postings), I should post bid for the price of card,time,packaging. Also heard they take 10% of final price. I was going to use a PayPal account. After I sell can I use PayPal on eBay n Amazon to buy things? (Never used paypal

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now just curious did he have alot of cards or just rares? I have original rares all the way up to recent (no sun or moon cards tho) but still I'd take $500 for a quick bulk lol. Im just curious if it's worth the time. If I read correctly eBay is free to use (first 50 postings), I should post bid for the price of card,time,packaging. Also heard they take 10% of final price. I was going to use a PayPal account. After I sell can I use PayPal on eBay n Amazon to buy things? (Never used paypal
both a ton of rare cards over a hundred worth at least ten bucks each at least one worth an insane amount and like 3500 commons, i told him to let me list them individually but he was impatient and just wanted to get rid of them quick.

you can spend paypal on most websites the exception being amazon, or you can move the money into your bank account.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Amazon doesn't do PayPal? Just a few cards. 2 mew ex,base 2 set Blastoise n venasaur, raiku n Entei (2set card) same as Rayquaza and deoxys (2set card), mega Blastoise, mega venasaur, mega Mewtwo, and a whole bunch or original rares n more rares n exs. Plus uncommon n common. But more rares than anything

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Amazon doesn't do PayPal? Just a few cards. 2 mew ex,base 2 set Blastoise n venasaur, raiku n Entei (2set card) same as Rayquaza and deoxys (2set card), mega Blastoise, mega venasaur, mega Mewtwo, and a whole bunch or original rares n more rares n exs. Plus uncommon n common. But more rares than anything
amazon doesn't do paypal for payments or for getting paid, paypal payments are quick and easy to transfer to your bank account. amazon takes a higher percentage but things usually sell for faster and for more because people trust amazon more, i've never tried to sell a pokemon card on amazon before you'll have to compare prices and figure out if it's worth it or not. amazon only transfers money to your bank every other friday and the process starts after the next cycle has started this month has 4 fridays on the 6th 13th 20th and 27th that might put the payment days as the 13th and 27th which means if you sell something on the first it wont be elegible to transfer til the 13th but wont actually transfer til the 27th or if you sell something on the 12th it will become elegible to transfer on the 13th but wont actually transfer til the 27th which means best case scenerio you get paid 2 weeks and a day after selling an item but it could take up to four weeks.
i usually go for ebay for most things but a few things the price difference between amazon and ebay amazon is a no brainer especially wtih fullfilled by amazon.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
1) Ebay.

Look up comparisons for rare cards. List anything $5.00 and up. Send rare cards via lettermail (put them in cheapo plastic protectors), sandwich them in thin card, tri-fold a sheet of paper, stick the card + protection into it.

OR

Bundle them up as lands/energies/whatever, and sell them like that. Or recreate decks. Or bundle the same cards as a multipack.

2) Sell locally.

Not recommended as people will nickel and dime you, but will sell slowly.

3) Sell to a card/collectibles shop.

You won't get much return this way, BUT you'd be able to get rid of the lot in a flash. I plan to do the same with a bunch of mtg cards gathering dust on my shelves.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at tcgplayer.com and helped get an idea of value. And looked on eBay to compare some prices. I think I have easly $400-$500. And if someone was to take the time to go thru or do bundle, it would be worth it. I just want them gone no need for them

Reactions: ThisIsDaAccount

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm thinking about getting a 1tb SD card and booting batocera just for pc emulation
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See some new 830gb builds that should work on the cheaper ones
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    For your steam deck ken?
    If just for PC I would recommend an external hard drive like 2 TB and just build your own bootable drive
    Although even if it's the steam deck and a 1TB MicroSD I would still recommend building it yourself.... Almost all the builds I tried just sucked
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but why not just have a img file mounted through us you can still transfer through windows
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Usb*
    Yeah Batocera has a shared folder it's pretty cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Less clutter for all the 6 usb options we never use
    Just drag and drop your Barbie Roms
    Barbies BDSM Dungeon Adventure Featuring Gimp Ken!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the Florida meth
    Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Although expensive Florida meth can rot the brightest of minds
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: