Android Pokemon GO! Now out for Android!(And Possibly IOS ?!)

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This "game" drains my batterie so fast ... yesterday 10% in 7 minutes oO
(have to admit I had to set my screen on maximum brightness because I couldn't see anything thanks to the sun)

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The TCG app is not compatible for download through play store cause your device is not a tablet, it's classified as a phone.
The app is only available (hopefully for now) only for tablets.
You can always sideload the apk, it'll work.
I did it with my nexus 4 which is a 2012 phone, smaller screen that your note 5 too.

Bull shit. It isn't compatible on my tablet either. it's newer then my phone but released before November of 2015. No, side loading it doesn't work. It crashes on both. Tried a dozen places, literally. The thing just doesn't work on "old" LG and Samsung devices. However codes this crap needs some optimization done.

EDIT: back on topic, go gives me the incompatible message in the play store. Finally after 24 hours (lol) for waiting and it isn't compatible on my phone but is on my tablet? Weird Nintendo!

Last edited by chartube12,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Somehow I feel stupid ... takes me about 10 balls to hit the Pokemon -.-V no idea how I am supposed to do this properly

Bull shit. It isn't compatible on my tablet either. it's newer then my phone but released before November of 2015. No, side loading it doesn't work. It crashes on both. Tried a dozen places, literally. The thing just doesn't work on "old" LG and Samsung devices. However codes this crap needs some optimization done.

EDIT: back on topic, go gives me the incompatible message in the play store. Finally after 24 hours (lol) for waiting and it isn't compatible on my phone but is on my tablet? Weird Nintendo!

I have a ~3-4 years old Samsung Tablet as well and in the google appstore it actually showed this device as compatible ... pushed install, will see when I get back home, charge the tablet and get it to run XD

Pokemon go does have a battery saver option if people havent found it yet.

It does ?

Last edited by Youkai,

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Then i guess my nexus 4 isn't really old, anyway.
Yes, they need to optimize the game. Not only the mobile version but generally the game.
I once tried to log in with mobile data just to see how much it comsumed, 200MB just for the login. -_-

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Played it, seems lame and kinda gimmicky atm and need lotsa improve.
It feels kinda single player, with no friends adding function.
You cant play if u have no data which is in my case (even for egg incubation purpose).

Reactions: SS4

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Funny thing is that one of those points on the map is the Town Hall ... I am sitting inside the Town Hall as I work here and it tells me I am to far away XD

another thing is that when I run the app in the background it does not count any walking distance for incubation nor does it make my phone vibrate when there is a pokemon near so I can only "play" with the app open all the time ;(

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
14679048841040.jpg

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else get Pikachu as their starter?

yQhaGF7.jpg

I originally started with a Charmander on my Pokemon Trainer Club account, but since it wouldn't let me sign in, I decided to start anew with my Google account. I was in a moving car with my brother driving since I just had dental work done, so while I was trying to tap Squirtle (everyone I know chose Charmander or Bulbasaur), I kept moving out of their range, which caused my GPS to keep refreshing. After 2-3 or so times, Pikachu eventually popped up along with the 3 starters. It took me a few tries to finally tap him since we were on a highway.

I did a quick search on Google a few moments ago, and apparently only a handful of people over at reddit knows of this.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Strange. I got a choice between Squirtle, Charmander and Bulbasaur, and then Pikachu when I moved away. Next time you should try moving out of their range and see if the others pop out.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Somehow I feel stupid ... takes me about 10 balls to hit the Pokemon -.-V no idea how I am supposed to do this properly
It does ?

From what I could tell, when you hold the pokeball, you'll see a green circle closing in on the pokemon, once it reaches the center, it expands again. I assume you have to wait until the circle is as big as possible and fling the pokeball so it hits the green circle. Flinging is kinda hard to aim, sometimes I send it too far, others clearly require more momentum (zubat for example, is actually further away than what he seems to be)

For the save battery mode you have to tap on your pokemon icon, and then select options at the top right. It's easy to miss, and if you have a no-internet/no-gps error at the top, you can't even tap the options button :v

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, ever since sonic adventure 2 battle on the gamecube and the sonic advance games with the chao garden, even before on dreamcast and vmu, I had hoped nintendo would just make a console pokemon game with online play like they make the portable games and have you manage pokemon on both for things that seem like could be fun when sonic adventure chao were a thing. BUT i guess not.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I have a quite old phone (Nexus 4) but the battery drain. Just wow... 50% battery with about 30 minute play? I even try to plug my phone to the wall charger, and leave the app running, and the battery stillll goes down. This is going to turn into a drive-pokemon-go situation, otherwise you can only walk so much with your battery... And even still, the servers are down more than they have been up. It takes me about 5 tries just to be able to get into the game with out the Servers not working screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway