Not open for further replies.
L

Lyuse

Kattykitkat said:
Squall Leonhart said:
XPA's dumps are done from original carts. so i call bs to that
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
I resent that comment, I'm a girl. And it's fairly obvious from the last few pages that there isn't a fix...you don't need to read all 2000+ posts to get that.

thats the last thing you want to be saying on a gamer forum. Don't worry, stay behind me and you'll be safe from all the girlfriendless geeks.

Lol! Thanks for your help but I can protect myself
wink.gif
besides I just went through a bad breakup with someone so I'm not interested in relationships internet or otherwise
tongue.gif

I am not trying to be rude but this is not the place to talk about these kind of things, please put it in your blog or something.

barbseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
baldymcbald said:
sorry it took so long
the following offset is directly related to the crash
however you cannot skip this offset as it directly is used constantly in the rom every time the game crashes it reports that the dma error occurs here now then the question is what does it need to be set at in order to bypass or make it stable
im goin to continue to work on this hopefull the fix is just a stones throw away
Thankyou for your hard work it is apreciated

Ribesg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So. Here is a list of what we know, what has been tested before.
- It works 100% on AKAIO RC 1.6
- Tried to apply the JP fix : Fail
- Tried to move US files to JP one, to use that JP fix : Epic Fail
- Tried to patch ARM7 with JP HG/SS one, Platinum one, D/P one : Fail
- Tried to patch ARM9 with JP HG/SS one, Platinum one, D/P one : Fail
- Defined "events" as "when you enter/exit a building/stairs/door or save or encounter a wild pokemon or start a trainer fight or end a battle (get back to the game) or when you end a cutscene"
- The number of events "needed" before the game freezes depend of the number of badges you have
- Replacing all the 00 00 00 46 in the rom by 00 00 00 00 : Fail
- Tried a lot of AR codes : Some from JP, K fix... No one working
- Unchecking DMA and reset : Fail
- Inserting patched JP overlays : Fail, but increase the number of events before freeze
- Deleting overlays : Fail
- This match with the equation -(1/2)*x^3 - (5/2)*x + 24
- You replace x with the number of badges you have, and you find : 0 badges 24 events, 1 badges 21 events, 2 badges 15 event, 3 badges 3 events, more badges you have a negative value and the game do not want to load the save
- With this "events" needed we can think there is a countdown, each event add -1 to a var who doesn't support value below 1, that can explain the countdown crashes and the fact that the game won't start if the value is negative. If it's right, a AR code who lock this var must work...
Did I miss something ?

Sesshoumaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ribesg said:
- Defined "events" as "when you enter/exit a building/stairs/door or save or encounter a wild pokemon or start a trainer fight or end a battle (get back to the game) or when you end a cutscene"
- The number of events "needed" before the game freezes depend of the number of badges you have
- Inserting patched JP overlays : Fail, but increase the number of events before freeze
- You replace x with the number of badges you have, and you find : 0 badges 24 events, 1 badges 21 events, 2 badges 15 event, 3 badges 3 events, more badges you have a negative value and the game do not want to load the save
- With this "events" needed we can think there is a countdown, each event add -1 to a var who doesn't support value below 1, that can explain the countdown crashes and the fact that the game won't start if the value is negative. If it's right, a AR code who lock this var must work...
Did I miss something ?
Don't think you missed something there.

akimiski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
roscogeronimo said:
barbseven said:
Noooooo wayyyyyy!!!!!!, I have been trying to get a hold of one of my mates who lives in the states and he just got back to me, He is a HR manager for nintendo, he got some information for me from some of his co-workers, apparently there is a rumor "around the office" that nintendo itself leaked the US rom out early with defects, this way by the time the game actually came out, the net would be so flooded with defected roms, that any newly dumped roms, of the good version would be harder to find. If this is true,

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ribesg said:
Did I miss something ?
yeah about 3dozen codes at that address yet none worked i doubt that is location of the freeze like i just posted everytime the game crashes there is an access violation of dma at offset 56612
this is directly tied in with the error

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ribesg you made a much more detailed list than I did if you want to merge anything from my list into yours you can if you want to post it every few pages otherwize if you don't mind i would like to just paste your list every few pages not to take away from your work just so its constantly up there

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guillaume said:
R4LI doesn't fix anything, obvious troll.
Obvious troll eh?
I just posted from what I read in the other thread, i dont even have an r4 but the guy who posted was trusable so I posted here

Flexibility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Squall Leonhart said:
02260340 690B5DE3 apparently reduces / removes the random enter/exit building freeze.
no change for the battle and story event freezes.
Can you be more specific? Like, usually you have 24 events to a freeze, after like, the double or more?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ribesg said:
Did I miss something ?

I proposed the part in bold on the romulation forums. My thread got locked for it being too speculative, but I believe there might be something to it

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shady Guy Jose said:
I proposed the part in bold on the ASFJL:ASKDFL:ASD forums. My thread got locked for it being too speculative, but I believe there might be something to it
You're doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.