"Pokemon Presents" announced for February 27th, 2024

1708450943013.png

The Pokemon Company has recently announced an upcoming "Pokemon Presents" stream, scheduled for February 27th, 2024, to go alongside the celebration of "Pokemon Day".

The Pokemon Presents stream will air directly on the official Pokemon YouTube Channel on February 27th, at 6AM PT / 9AM ET / 2PM GMT, with news about possible upcoming projects by the Pokemon Company, and Pokemon in general.

:arrow: Pokemon Official YouTube Channel

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Best guess is either a new Let's Go game or a new Legends game. Either would work pretty well in Johto, and supplement a Gen 5 remake well. Similar to the release scheduling for BDSP and Legends Arceus.
Let's Go was terrible, due to the hamfisted and dysfunctional motion-control gimmick used to catch Pokémon, the lack of Pro Controller support, and the lack of Pokémon and moves available. Oh, and also no Sevii Islands, no VS Seeker, and a female PC that's nowhere near as cute as Leaf.
Also Trace was a horrendous replacement to Blue, and the Gym entry requirements was absolutely idiotic. Not to mention the forced EXP Share.

So if they do Let's Go 2...I'm gonna burn something. That name is cursed.

Legends, on the other hand...eeeeh. Wasn't my favourite experience, as move selection was also limited, the Pokédex was a grind to complete, and I absolutely hated how aggravating Darkrai and the Forces of Nature were to engage in battle, along with how there's absolutely nothing to do after catching Arceus. Yawn. Legends 2 would be somewhat interesting, but still not nearly as much as emulating the DS games.

thunderboy17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seeing how the franchise is going lately, I wouldn't mind if they just announced the second Scarlet/Violet DLC and that's it until gen 10.
I would love a remake/sequel/Legends game set in Unova, but it's clear they can't keep up anymore, unless they assign the development to someone else, maybe a fully fledged studio that has developed actual full games instead of a support studio.
Give them the Scarlet/Violet engine to make the Unova games while you take your time with the gen 10 games.
I hope they don't go for Let's Go sequels set in Johto, but maybe that would be harder to screw up, I guess?
Either way, I'm worried.
The majority of Pokémon fans love Pokémon more as a brand than a videogame, so they can do the bare minimum and still sell millions of copies.
We'll see an improvement only if GameFreak decices to do a good game just for the sake of doing a good game.
So yeah we're fucked.

Reactions: Mike_77712

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They're apparently gonna be Let's Go Wooper and Togepi.
I'm pretty sure the 'leaked' logos for those two were proven false pretty quickly given they were apparently using a fan-made font. (Image below shows this.)

fakerealwoopersex.png

Also:
- Why would they make another set of Let's Go! games almost 5 and a half years after the first two?
- Why the fuck would they pick Wooper?

Reactions: DoctorBagPhD

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I sure hope they're not doing that chibi shit yet again for the Gen 5 Remakes.
That'd be an absolute slap in the face for what's considered by some the best Gen out of all the franchise.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the DS era of games (gen 4&5) are what almost killed my interest in the franchise the first time around, I am not looking forward to this at all.

Considering Game Freak can't be arsed to aconowledge that more than half the dex is missing in gen 8&9, Im more disappointed because I dont have a good way of (re)playing Gen 7 anymore. Every single 3ds system I have is either dead or in pieces.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People talking about a gen 5 remake remind me of the betrayal that was the gen 4 « remakes »
I'm still hoping maybe we'll have a fanremake or something, because this one was garbage

Spectremint

Trophies
Website
spectremint.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Realistically, I don't tend to get terribly hyped for these showcases. One thing that a lot of people forget is that these presentations cover the entire franchise and not just the games, so over half of the presentations are usually covering related media such as the anime and TCG. That being said, we have gotten some pretty solid game announcements at these... even the most recent one that had the TCG game for GBC was cool, that game rocks! (Also, Horizons is actually a pretty good anime so I definitely do want to see news on that.)

If I had to guess what they'd announce if they're going to announce a new major game, I'd bet like 90% that it'll be Black and White remakes. For once, I hope they don't outsource the development of these to another company (depending on who it is); ILCA's attempt with BDSP was... just fine, but they're mainly a support studio, not a studio that develops their own full games by themselves, and it showed. Game Freak ideally isn't busy anymore with DLC for Scarlet and Violet, so I'd ideally want them to make it unless Nintendo themselves steps in and does it.

I have no idea why Gold/Silver are being thrown around as possible remakes, they already got really good remakes on Nintendo DS.
Post automatically merged:

People talking about a gen 5 remake remind me of the betrayal that was the gen 4 « remakes »
I'm still hoping maybe we'll have a fanremake or something, because this one was garbage
One thing I'd love to see Game Freak or TPC do is license out Square's HD2D framework for Unreal Engine and remake the Pokemon games that way. Sure, it's more a remaster that way since they'd be using a lot of the same sprites and whatnot, but I feel it would be the best way to capture the style of the original games on DS while also visually modernizing it for the bigger, hi-def displays we have now.

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why Gold/Silver are being thrown around as possible remakes, they already got really good remakes on Nintendo DS.
Probably because 1. there's no way to visit Johto on Switch and 2. Those remakes were 14 years ago. People want an remaster for Johto in HD.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Seriously I love how low Nintendo sets the bar low for people. If they say gen 1, 2 and 3 on the NSO. People will cream themselves. Like it's the return of Jesus. We should have had gen 1,2 and 3 from day one on NSO.

Knight of Time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be flabbergasted if there is an official announcement about the 10th generation of Pokemon. It's gonna be mind blowing if it happens someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto