Pokemon Presents February 27th - Pokemon Scarlet and Violet announced

Happy anniversary to Pokemon Red and Green--the Pokemon franchise turns 26 today, and Nintendo has some reveals to celebrate. Let's see what Pokemon fans can look forward to.

Starting March 1st, Alolan Pokemon will be coming to Pokemon Go.

Pokemon Masters EX is getting new content, with Victory Road trainers being able to team up with you once you win. There's special event trainers coming to the game as well, including May, Raihan, and Skyla. In addition, there are lots of gems to obtain for signing in.

Pokemon Cafe Remix adds deliveries. You can get new outfits. Victini is coming to the game soon. There's a special Bulbasaur, Piplup, and express delivery event going on.

Pokemon Unite shows off the content it is adding. There's quick battles, and Hoopa is the latest character added. You get to play Hoopa for free during this time. Duraludon will also be a new playable character coming later.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are getting an update that lets you claim Shaymin. You can redeem the Mystery Gift today, and have a month to use it.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is next. It's getting a new free update in version 1.1.0 called Daybreak, which will be available later today. Dialga and Palkia are teased in a fight. The free update adds new trainer fights. Using the password Arceus Adventure will also get you a lot of Pokeballs.

A Pokemon anime about Hisui is in production, and will air later this year.

The final reveal shows the next generation of Pokemon games. We see old Pokemon in a brand new region, and it ends on the new starters.

OXaEB1I.png

Gen 9 is here. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet announced. Launches worldwide in late 2022. It will be an open world game, according to the Pokemon Twitter.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
victory road is just a tutorial, albeit with the nice reward of a free SS blue

as for scarlet and violet... i seriously hope they'll rethink the human models because that likely mc looks like such a generic 3d person

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I like the Donald duck one.

But man, those graphics look somehow worse than Arceus. Who are the cheapskates over there, Nintendo or Gamefreak execs?

I'm pretty sure in all it's decades of developing these games, gamefreak has never hidden the fact that they've just got a more or less mediocre coding team.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sword and Shield are the second best selling of the Pokemon series (around 24 millions shipped WW IIRC) and Arceus made 6.5 millions sales in its first week, but yeah... "faillures"

no point in trying to say anything, cant convince stupidness

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Will this cat stay on all fours for all of it's evolutions? who knows!

Please?
Will the games incorporate the changes by by Arceus? Will there be a big Pokedex this time? Will there be a battle frontier?

DON'T CARE: JUST GIVE ME A CAT STARTER THAT STAYS NORMAL THIS TIME

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hopefully they pokemon have real cries and not the cries from red/blue/green. Also what kind of animal is the middle starter supposed to be?
It's meant to be a crocodile of some sort, with an apple theme. It's properly going to be evolving into a fire fighting pokemon but learns wood hammer for some reason.

BTW: The PLA update is already available in Europe it seems, just finished downloading on my switch.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I couldn't care less. Pokémon Arceus got me hyped the first few hours. Then it became super lame (by not changing at all throughout the game) and now they present us the next games that look almost exactly like Arceus with a touch of Sword/Shield (since there are modern cities).

The starters look cool though. Have some Gold/Silver vibes there.
But although I played through Shield and started playing Arceus (and at least liked the first few hours), I'm satisfied now with GAME FREAK's shit. The trees in this trailer still look like in Ocarina of Time and this time around I'll wait until reviews state, that this game is amazing and better than Elden Ring or something like that.

Even then I'm way more hyped for the Steam Deck and the Analogue Pocket right now.
And I'm way more excited for Coromon than any new Pokémon game which says it all:

Also Sea of Stars is a game to look forward to. :P

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointed very!!!!

We should have gotten a SW/SH2 at best very least .... although SW/SH sold well the game was empty

They should have saved gen 9 for maybe 2 years and worked with improving thier current games

However I do like how consistent they been doing but we honestly have too many pokemon I rather have a better story than more pokemon

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also hope that grass cat, stays a cat. As for the game, I'll have to see more. Haven't even gotten PLA yet.

I seriously like how they don't stick to one art style. That said, no matter what art style, a group will not like it. Unfortunately, I'm part of that group for the first time. Just don't like the too realistic models, but that alone isn't a game breaker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1