Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Considering it's a whole new region, meaning it's not from Kanto. Not gonna happen. Besides, we know how Mew was cloned from Mewtwo's side story in the anime.
Meh, I guess, but still, speculation. And the Anime continuity doesn't equal the Game continuity.
(Anyways, wasn't Mew cloned in South America, and not Kanto? At least, according to the journals in the Pokemon Mansion? Maybe since Pokemon games try to take place in areas similar to real world countries, the region would be based on the place Mew was cloned.)

blade99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol sure hope a 3ds action replay comes out no way im ev training anything on this hope you can bring your pokemons from black on it

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, I guess, but still, speculation. And the Anime continuity doesn't equal the Game continuity.
(Anyways, wasn't Mew cloned in South America, and not Kanto? At least, according to the journals in the Pokemon Mansion? Maybe since Pokemon games try to take place in areas similar to real world countries, the region would be based on the place Mew was cloned.)
Last time I checked, Paris was in Europe, which is where the region is heavily inspired on.

Red is not satoshi, manga, anime and games can have different plots for different characters.
A prequel is not very likely to happen, this is no LoZ! Except for r/g/b+g/s/c I can't imagine a timeline in the series.
1. True, but If you recall Cinnebar Island (Pokemon Mansion), Mew was cloned in South america in the games.
So I don't think this will be a prequel in the least.
2. Red is also a character in the manga. Satoshi (or Ash) is anime exclsive only. (Thank god for that too).

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last time I checked, Paris was in Europe, which is where the region is heavily inspired on.

1. True, but if you recall Cinnebar Island (Pokemon Mansion), Mew was cloned in South America in the games.
cool, I'm going to visit my house in the next pokemon game.

and I think that every game is a sequel to the last game, this would make more sense.

ookamiyoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

and I think that every game is a sequel to the last game, this would make more sense.

The cartoon/manga tends to make it look like that linking the games to each other (don't know about the 5th gen though) but it wouldn't make much sense since in the SS HG we can catch all pokemon from 1-4th gen and in the s/g/c only till the 2nd gen, so if every game is a sequel to the last game, this would be a paradox.

And don't make me start talking about the female protagonists! ! !

1. True, but If you recall Cinnebar Island (Pokemon Mansion), Mew was cloned in South America in the games.
2. Red is also a character in the manga. Satoshi (or Ash) is anime exclusive only. (Thank god for that too).

1- Right.
2- Green/Blue controversy, and everything in the pokemon universe from catching and seeing the pokemon in the pokemon to battling is different in the manga and the game. In the manga, pokemon bleed and die. In the game they faint.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The cartoon/manga tends to make it look like that linking the games to eachother (don't know about the 5th gen though) but it wouldn't make much sense since in the SS HG we can catch all pokemon from 1-4th gen and in the s/g/c only till the 2nd gen, so if every game is a sequel to the last game, this would be a paradox.

And don't make me start talking about the female protagonists! ! !

1- Right.
2- Green/Blue controversy, and everything in the pokemon universe from catching and seeing the pokemon in the pokemon to battling is different in the manga and the game. In the manga, pokemon bleed and die. In the game they faint.
Yes, I never said it was the same. Just that Red is also a character in the manga. LOL And yes I do know that pokemon in the manga is a bit more... mature. (Which I enjoy)

... not true. It's more of an slow evolution. Apart from B2/W2 (sequel to B/W) and Gold, silver, crystal,(sequel to R/B/Y) (and their remakes) there are no true sequels.

Reactions: ookamiyoh

ookamiyoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Espe would be the best choice for a pokemon cartoon/anime/call like you want adapatation... Unfortunalley we have the no aging ash and his yellow eletric rat companion adventures.

2 - The manga being as faithfull to the game as it can be, expands the pokemon universe and gives a deeper comprehension about the history itself, sometimes it makes more sense than the game itself. It also gives me that nostalgia feeling every time i read it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
True! those games were damn good, but I think it'll make more sense to introduce this whole new 3d style with a new game rather than a remake. And yeah everyone screems for more remakes but they'll probably not come untill atleast a year after Y&X.
Yeah I agree with everything you said. But I think at least the chances of getting a R/S/E remake at all are pretty high so I'm looking forward to that, we'll see if Nintendo agrees though.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
COLRESS ENTERS.
ColressB2W2.gif
i disagree

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean the SNES top-down locked-in-grid style?

No what ......ahhhhh!

I mean the small character style you know when they say you will go to Pokemon world and then you get smaller for no clear reason I like that,it might be silly but that's what made Pokemon famous beside the the cute creature and the battle system.

P

pasc

I was hoping that they bring back the buddy pokemon like in HG/SS

yep, nothing like a Porygon 2 following your around everywhere.

Besides... that new protagonist/player characters... don't they look kinda childish ? (in comparison to anyhing pre black&white )

Seems like its gonna be the fox starter this time.

Red: Glurak
Gold: Chikorita
X: Teh Fox

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Besides... that new protagonist/player characters... don't they look kinda childish ? (in comparison to anyhing pre black&white )
I think it all lies in perception. With the introduction of 3D models in place of sprites, we subconsciously associate the OW models with measurements of a real person of that age group when in fact the models are chibified/SuperDeformed imho. At least that is how I see it XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto