Pokemon X and Y announced for 3ds

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except now they have all the possibilities in the world to make some mythical creature that will have everybody talking just like with Mew. No way to check the dumped game code for sprites or info, so expect all kinds of crazy rumors flying around about secret Pokémon, easter eggs, glitches and all kinds of fun stuff. This time we won't have a clue about the event Pokémon either and since you won't be able to hack creatures this time, event pokémon or better yet event Pokémon from actual physical events will be really rare and with a 100% legit ratio online.

Well that's true, but don't forget we will be able to back up our saves, meaning we can trade as many physical event Pokemon as we want still, but it'll just take longer than DS games (backup > trade > restore > trade > restore ect ect...) unless a cloning glitch is found, then it'd be easier. Basically they'll be slightly harder to get than the DS ones, but they won't be super rare.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually if you look at the Japanese icons, they have some sort of color ball which resembles DNA.
I'm pretty sure they refer to the X and Y chromosomes.
Of... Pssh. Idk. The x and y axis maybe? If they'll make a third release named pokemon z, It'll make x,y,z. The three axis that makes 3D. Hence the first portable 3D main pokemon game. XD
I'm going to guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the names and actually like them? Better than Pokemon Pearl I think.

Nope, I also don't mind the title. I think it makes sense with what i've said. + the legendary names have been revealed. Beginning X for one, and Y for the other. XD

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's true, but don't forget we will be able to back up our saves, meaning we can trade as many physical event Pokemon as we want still, but it'll just take longer than DS games (backup > trade > restore > trade > restore ect ect...) unless a cloning glitch is found, then it'd be easier. Basically they'll be slightly harder to get than the DS ones, but they won't be super rare.
You can't replace the save in newer 3DS games, no savegames besides the latest one can be used.
So no hopefully you won't be able to clone Pokémon.

Only way to clone would be if A, a glitch is found (can be patched ala MK7) or B, we somehow get hold of the encryption keys. yeah... no.

Edit: Nintendo knows about the device and purposely blocked it for newer games, so I'd expect they want to do everything they can to prevent save exploitation.

ekko25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The deer-like creature appears to take inspiration from the Forest Spirit from animator Hayao Miyazaki’s Princess Mononoke and Yveltal is the glowing, red Legendary bird from the trailer. The name is pronounced “ee-VELL-tall.” is that confirmed ?

It's been confirmed.
I'm fine with the name Xerneas, but not a fan of Yveltal.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking (Along with reading speculation)
Yveltal looks dark and evil, even it's name sounds like the word "evil"
And Xerneas looks wise and protective; considering it's colorful antlers and because it's in a forest.

Maybe Yveltal is the Pokemon of Death and Xerneas is the Pokemon of Life?
And since the Japanese logos have a symbol resembling DNA, and DNA is in all life. It makes sense to me that the mascots resemble life and death.

ookamiyoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The_White_Stag.jpg

Please let me be wrong!

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
The game might be based on the entirety of Europe, with Gen 5 being based on the U.S. That Paris-lookalike town could be just one, with others similar to other European cities. Here's hoping for large cities in a Pokemon game based on Rome, London, Barcelona, Brussels (and hopefully also Budapest, hey I can dream can't I?)
jeje yeah, it's always good to dream, but I don't think so.. since Black/White, they apparently want to make every region from the most popular countries capital, well, New York City isn't already the capital from US, but I thinks is the most visited city in the country...
We have the 1° Generation of Pokémon placed in Kanto (The Capital From Japan)
the next 3 Generations take place in others places from Japan, so then, Game Freak chance the country... and fly to another important.
Generation 2 got the region next to Kanto, Johto
Generation 3 is in Hoenn, the 3° Island from Japan, Kyüshü​
I don't know if this is correct, but apparently the Orre region is based in the Island Shikoku, and is part from the 3° Generation...​
the next one, is the Generation 4, with most regions in, with Pokémon Ranger (Side Games)​
the main game wich open this generation was Diamond/Pearl, and the region was Sinnoh, based on the 2° Island from Japan, Hokkaidö...​
Generation 5 got a great changes like Gen 3, first take place in Manhattan Island-New York City (It's like if Game Freak really loves the islands) and have his own Pokedex without other region Pokemon...

Next Generation wich will make an evolution in mian series, is Generation 6°, apparently taking place in Paris or the whole country,France...
which based on region willwait for us?? ohh, would be great a London based on region.. or Mexico City, the largest city in the world, jaja yeah, like you said, we can dream :3

do you think Game Freak will release a 3° Game from this or a sequels like Black 2/White 2??
well, some people say Pokémon Z, why not?? or will we get Pokémon ZX/Pokémon ZY Versions as a sequel?? with a new form of Xerneas and Yveltal jajaja!!

I think is too early to think a 3° Game or a Sequel, first let them release this games and then we can speculate if we will get another later...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen to the voice over!!! Disney have purchased Pokemon!!!!

I guess that explains the chipmunk, fox and the frog.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok that would be cool if we could customized the characters that would be interesting and i hope there costumes for holidays events
Maybe not JUST holidays seeing some people don't celebrate the same ones, or even any at all. They could distribute different costumes or outfits as DLC or events similar to Pokemon events (Maybe costumes based on previous generation heroes, movie characters, ect)

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe not JUST holidays seeing some people don't celebrate the same ones, or even any at all. They could distribute different costumes or outfits as DLC or events similar to Pokemon events (Maybe costumes based on previous generation heroes, movie characters, ect)
that would be a good idea, I didn't think about the holidays I knew there was a lot of them and I knew some didn't celebrate them or the same ones but costumes of previous pkm generation is a good idea maybe have outfits the look like Ash, Brock etc (maybe pokemon looking ones) and the DLC/events isn't a bad idea either.

ChristianHood

Game Developer
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
beastware.net
XP
Country
United States
You can't replace the save in newer 3DS games, no savegames besides the latest one can be used.
So no hopefully you won't be able to clone Pokémon.

Only way to clone would be if A, a glitch is found (can be patched ala MK7) or B, we somehow get hold of the encryption keys. yeah... no.

Edit: Nintendo knows about the device and purposely blocked it for newer games, so I'd expect they want to do everything they can to prevent save exploitation.

There is also the possibility of fake GTS servers distributing Pokémon.

Reactions: Rydian

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The 3DS roms haven't been hacked. Unlike past game where we can unpack a rom and see all the new Pokemon, their stats and items. we now gotta manually do it and find hidden mechanics. Oh and we won't know anything about the hidden and future Pokemon concealed in the rom. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1