• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Poll: 73% of Trump Voters Think Democrats Are Trying to ‘Replace White Americans With Immigrants And People Of Color’

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
A new poll that puts replacement theory in explicitly racial terms found that a stunning 73 percent of Trump voters think Democrats are trying to “replace” white people with “immigrants and people of color.”

[...]

Respondents were asked the following series of questions about “Great Replacement Theory”:

Do you personally believe that in the U.S., a group of people is trying to replace white Americans with immigrants and people of color who share the group’s
views?
Do you personally believe that in the U.S., Democrats are trying to replace white Americans with immigrants and people of color who share Democrats’
views?
Do you personally believe that in the U.S., Jewish people are trying to replace white Americans with immigrants and people of color who share Jewish
people’s views?

Among all respondents, very few — between 10 percent and 32 percent — held any of these views, and across party lines, a minuscule percentage — between 8 and 11 percent — were willing to tell pollsters that Jewish people are directing this “great replacement.”

But large majorities of conservatives believe that “Democrats are trying to replace white Americans with immigrants and people of color who share Democrats’
views,” with 61 percent of Republicans and 73 percent of Trump voters saying so.

[...]

https://www.mediaite.com/news/stunn...mericans-with-immigrants-and-people-of-color/

A large majority of Republican voters – 73% – believe that Democrats and leftist activists are trying to replace white Americans with immigrants and people of color – an attempt that is called the “Great Replacement.”

In a survey, YouGov asked: “Do you personally believe that in the U.S., Democrats are trying to replace white Americans with immigrants and people of color who share Democrats’ views?”

73% of Trump voters responded “yes,” while just 8% of Biden voters – and 10% of Democrats overall – said the same. 33% of independent voters also said they believe that the Great Replacement is being pushed by Democrats.

The survey also asked: “Do you personally believe that in the U.S., Jewish people are trying to replace white Americans with immigrants and people of color who share Jewish people’s views?”

To this question, just 12% of Trump voters responded “yes,” as did 7% of Biden voters.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/new...eople-some-think-jews-are-doing-the-same.html

Further sources:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ts-trying-REPLACE-white-people-win-votes.html
https://digitpatrox.com/73-of-trump...ng-to-replace-white-people-to-win-more-votes/
https://www.lucianne.com/2022/06/08...litical_views_shock_new_poll_shows_86933.html

Last edited by Creamu,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you look only at US demographics statistics over the last 60 years or so, it checks out. The problem is that correlation does not necessarily equal causation. As Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Reactions: ov3rkill and Xzi

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Well if you look only at US demographics statistics over the last 60 years or so, it checks out. The problem is that correlation does not necessarily equal causation. As Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
That is good in theory, but at the end of the day feelings don't care about your facts.

What alot of these Trumpvoters might wonder is how can it be explained this demographic change happens in all western countries at the same time?

Reactions: rocknard

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll itself came from YouGov which aside from being a British company and having a British Conservative MP as one of its co-founders the company was recently caught apparently manipulating one of their own poll results recently causing a more critical eye to be looked at in their direction.

But the actual discussion on this is nothing really conspiratorial. Its common fact that the left has been trying to appeal to minority groups for awhile now since they were overlooked for the longest time in the factor of government voting power. What is a better way to do that then to have representatives in the ranks who are also of a minority quality to help boost interest in those groups to go out and vote in support to see them in office? Its not that hard to figure out and its not some "great replacement" BS. Its just about trying to appeal to the most voters possible. Play on "Progressive" mindsets and get all the small forgotten groups to hop on the big bandwagon to vote for you.

Also before you say its all a Democratic Party thing, The Republican Party caught wind of this and tried to do this themselves a few times now going back to the 2012 run by pushing Herman Cain as the primary to go against Obama in the Primaries, because they thought that if "they had their own" african american in party running for president it would give them the edge for getting more votes/stealing voting power away from Obama. That said this failed on their end when sexual assault allegations came to light causing him to drop out of the race.

Its all just a play on getting more votes from people by putting someone relatable of minority/gender aspect in. Its that simple, and yeah it can work. Not all the time (2016 comes to mind) but it does show results in higher than average voter turnout.

Reactions: SyphenFreht

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really a theory or a matter of belief when it's just an obvious thing that's happening. I guess the argument could be made that it really is only about votes, that it doesn't matter, or that it's actually a good thing, but not simply that it isn't happening. It's also somewhat misleading to attribute responsibility solely onto the Democrats as it's happening in many other Western nations at the same time. It's more like Democrats being the defacto US arm of the globalist cabal orchestrating the shift.

Reactions: Iamapirate

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not really a theory or a matter of belief when it's just an obvious thing that's happening. I guess the argument could be made that it really is only about votes, that it doesn't matter, or that it's actually a good thing, but not simply that it isn't happening. It's also somewhat misleading to attribute responsibility solely onto the Democrats as it's happening in many other Western nations at the same time. It's more like Democrats being the defacto US arm of the globalist cabal orchestrating the shift.
The US has always been and will always be a very diverse nation, relatively speaking. Democrats are simply far less racist on average, so they get to be the big tent party. Republicans claim to hate illegal immigrants, but really they're the ones hiring them all and attracting them to the US. They just don't want to have to pay them at or above minimum wage, and they enjoy being able to hold the threat of deportation over migrant workers' heads.

Trump voters are morons. Dangerous morons, but morons nonetheless. They became entranced by the grifting skills of a man who tried to sell steaks at Sharper Image retail stores.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
More like big corporations want to replace native workers with illegals and machines, because it's cheaper.
No war but class war. It's not a coincidence that a lot of Trump fans also love Elon Musk. They'll lick the boot of nearly any billionaire.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this number doesn't suprise me. the number of white nationalists in the US that i've come across in the last 5 years is concerning. They cite stuff like "critical race theory teaching grade schoolers that being white is bad" even though Critical race theory is a collegiate level of study in law school regarding the bias of the US law towards minorities.

The divide in this country is bigger than ever, and I'm incredibly worried that something's going to give soon, and it ain't gonna be pretty

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
So I wonder where they got that idea from? (that is sarcastic I don't think I have to mention who)
Secondly. If we were to briefly entertain that idea. How would Democrats achieve it? Like, they can't just pass a law to say "all immigrants can vote" because you know, would be quickly and swiftly shot down in courts. Nor can immigrants apply for social security. There's a lot of narratives that they somehow get free housing and a car and etc and etc. Which umm, no they don't. They don't even get the sales taxes they paid back for a tax refund since they can't apply for it.
And let's also be honest for a second here. When we're talking immigrants, we're not talking everyone that comes in. Republican's have a racist dog whistle, that being "illegals" which I've heard more from them than immigrants. If your not sure what specific race is being pulled out, it's targeted towards Mexicans.

However, this is leading with a trend, a very ugly trend.
We went from (I'm going to call it what it is, not by the dog whistle) Mexicans are uncultured, gross, disgusting people who get their stuff for free. I'm not making this shit up, since I grew up in a racist household specifically towards immigrants, with my mother watching Fox News, warning me that my Mexican friend wipes their ass with their hand because they don't buy toliet paper. Even though she never met him up to that point. To Mexicans wanting to rape and kill families (see Trumps line about illegals wanting to kill) To now, the argument being,Democrats trying to replace the Republican voting power through "replacing" their power with Mexicans.

I hope anyone can see obvious line here. This is fascism. You first pick out "the other" you scare everyone about said other, you dehumanize them. You then use that now "thing", something less than human, as a wedge to motivate that base. You then stoke ultra nationalism. saying that your nation is perfect, but it's under attack by a force. Eventually however, the initial wedge made is no longer effective, so you need to find a new wedge. So you then blame not just a political party, but recent movements as part of being that attack on that "perfect nation" You then tie that previous wedge into the new one. With stuff such as Democrats are out to replace you. CRT is making people hate our country, our perfect country. They should be proud to be an American. You could easily replace this with stuff such from the last time there was a fascism problem. And the rehetoric used then, and this would fit.

And now we have the other wedge. See, Fascist have one group of people that can easily shut them down. That being Anti-fascists. Who are commonly not center, but often are both leftists and anarchists. Now because we live in the modern day. And because companies would rather enter a fascist state vs a anarchist one. Because generally speaking anarchism is a leftist thing. Which means possibly getting rid of companies power, which they'd rather have. This time fascists acted a bit more proactively. By labeling Anti-fascists, as fascists. Or by the more well known moniker, labling antifa as facists.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Regular reminder that this member is a known neo-Nazi

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This isn't a replacement, no one is being replaced. It's simply a natural effect of people of multiple ethnicites sharing love between them.
That this happens mainly in western countries but not the other way around, I think is the reason for this thinking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol