• Total voters

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been on CBHC since day one ............... everything is still perfect 1TB WiiU

not since day one, but I've been on it for four or five years. I've never had a problem. however, @AmandaRose recent issue with the internal flash has me a bit nervous, however that could've happened.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not since day one, but I've been on it for four or five years. I've never had a problem. however, @AmandaRose recent issue with the internal flash has me a bit nervous, however that could've happened.
Ok so here is the quick version of my disaster.

Moved all my games from nand to the hdd everything copied across fine switched of the WiiU and had some lunch. After lunch switched the WiiU back on and all the moved games have now disappeared from the main menu. So off to data management I go and the games are still showing fine there. Its at this point I see the next problem the Nand is now showing it has zero space available but no data is showing in it which is weird as like I said I had just previously moved everything off the nand to the hdd.
Next I checked the missing games in sysconf tool and the games were there and could be launched from sysconf with no trouble.

Anyhoo after a few hours of problem solving with @alexander1970 @godreborn and @lostboy. Huge thanks to all three of them. We are all pretty much stumped as how to fix the bloody errors.

So no further forward I decided to have a break from all the bullshitI. So off for a walk I go with Bailey doggo to clear my head. And on the walk I have the sudden idea of seeing what would happen if I downloaded something off the eshop to the sysnand.

So home I go and I unplug the hdd start the WiiU and go to the eShop and download some random demo. Some game about words I think lol. Two seconds or so later the download is done so I switch off the WiiU plug the HDD back in switch on and

Yippee

All my missing games are back on the main menu and my nand is back to normal as well. :toot::grog::)

Last edited by AmandaRose,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My WIIU always just gets borrowed to friends... Never had any issues

Reactions: Alexander1970

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Moved all my games from nand to the hdd everything copied across fine switched of the WiiU and had some lunch. After lunch switched the WiiU back on and all the moved games have now disappeared from the main menu. So off to data management I go and the games are still showing fine there. Its at this point I see the next problem the Nand is now showing it has zero space available but no data is showing in it which is weird as like I said I had just previously moved everything off the nand to the hdd.
Next I checked the missing games in sysconf tool and the games were there and could be launched from sysconf with no trouble.

Anyhoo after a few hours of problem solving with @alexander1970 @godreborn and @lostboy. Huge thanks to all three of them. We are all pretty much stumped as how to fix the bloody errors.

So no further forward I decided to have a break from all the bullshitI. So off for a walk I go with Bailey doggo to clear my head. And on the walk I have the sudden idea of seeing what would happen if I downloaded something off the eshop to the sysnand.

So home I go and I unplug the hdd start the WiiU and go to the eShop and download some random demo. Some game about words I think lol. Two seconds or so later the download is done so I switch off the WiiU plug the HDD back in switch on and

Yippee

All my missing games are back on the main menu and my nand is back to normal as well. :toot::grog::)
What did you have for lunch? I think that's what did it :rofl2:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yippee

that is not something I thought of, but that brings back a memory. downloading a random thing from the eshop is the way to delete something that won't delete. it must rebuild the database, possibly the only way that does. I know games that are downloaded are placed in a folder called import, before they're moved to their final destination. I'm assuming that when it's moved, the database is rebuilt, because iirc, the game doesn't appear like it does on the switch while it's being downloaded, so it must do that last while the switch rebuilds the database first. could be wrong about that, cuz it has been years since I downloaded something from the eshop.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least we now know what do do if there's a database error, any database error, not just an undeleteable, corrupted game. and, this probably won't affect cbhc either, since the game was still present.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

from what I understand, there's a variable that makes a game undeleteable. contrary to belief, using the wrong system config tool shouldn't brick the system, but it will make it appear as a system app, so it won't be deleteable if you use the wrong one. I noticed something like that with rednand, when I had system config tool on sysnand. I can't recall if the nands were linked, normally are unless you format, but it caused a normal question mark tile error in rednand in the same spot system config tool appeared in sysnand. that's the main reason I deleted it. I think it's a bug of some sort.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

punderino told me it's only a four-byte difference between both versions to allow the app to be deleted. I was told by someone else that about it appearing like a system app, so I never accidentally installed the wrong version myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work