[Poll]Do you think Mexico will pay for the wall?

Do you think Mexico will pay for the wall?

• (US) Fuck, yeah!

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • (US) We'll pressure them into doing it

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • (US) Perhaps the cost gets split up

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • (US) I'm not sure...perhaps not?

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • (US) I believe Enrique Peña when he says "of course not"

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • (non-US) Fuck, yeah!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • (non-US) We'll pressure them into doing it

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • (non-US) Perhaps the cost gets split up

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • (non-US) I'm not sure...perhaps not?

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • (non-US) I believe Enrique Peña when he says "of course not"

Votes: 61 36.1%
  • (any) Comedy last option

Votes: 28 16.6%

• Total voters

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your estimate is off by several orders of magnitude.

edit: oh you mean the wall, my bad 20 billion

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well even if he was right (although he is wrong) than would it really be Mexico's responsibility when WE signed into it?

Edit: 20 billion

Last edited by el_gonz87,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No. It was a joke lol.

Bottom line NAFTA is a big deficit, cutting that in half will more than cover the wall to prevent the compadres from jumping a fence.
You do realize that even with a Wall that won't stop illegal immigration, right?
I mean, look at this:

fence.jpg

That's the actual fence which is at the border at the moment.
It's more than 3m tall, I don't see how a Wall would make up for the fence which supposedly mexicans "jump" over.
Illegal immigration is not done by jumping the fence, it done by other meaning, being it tunnels or crossing over harsh environment which is not protected by the fence. The Wall will do jackshit to immigration, I can guarantee you that.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've heard that your president is dumber than ours... Something i truly believed impossible.

I also heard that, the first "Payment" will be courtesy of texas... so... giddy up taxes!

To be honest, in México, we don't even pay for our own health (that's becasue we have a FUCKING DISGUSTING PUBLIC HEALTH SYSTEM)
So, even if your beloved president says:
"México will pay for it, if not, their fired"
And even if my president says:
"Yes yes, I'm your bitch, spank me harder, spank me harder, Ahh!"
Us, as Méxican citizens pretty much WONT allow it.
More likely, we'll stop paying our taxes, and that's something we have done before.

So... it's a hard vision here.

In one hand you have us, the mexican citizens that always "fights back" against everything (I don't like to flow with the current, so I'll be sit tight in my home laughing at everyone)
And in the other hand you have the dumb american racists that will do whatever they can to stop "us-the mexicans" to cross your beloved border, even if that means that they'll pay more taxes in order to accomplish the caprices of your president.

Now... how does is feel to have a dumber president than Bush?
We're used to it... but you, oh, you're just starting.

(I don't take this very serious, pretty much nothing will happen)

You do realize that even with a Wall that won't stop illegal immigration, right?
I mean, look at this:

fence.jpg

Maybe if it was an electrical fence...
Te imaginas si lo fuera?
The quantity of cables that would fit there just to steal the electrical energy?
Free energy!

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Mexico hand us a check for the wall? Hell no! Will Mexico pay for the wall? A distinct possibility.
One way of collecting the money from Mexico would be to impose a tariff. That's not ideal, but it's definitely plausible. The mexican peso is now at an all-time low, and it's directly correlated to Donald Trump's victory. Just imagine the amount of damage Trump could do to the Mexican economy if he wanted.
Another way he could accomplish the task would be a "border-crossing fee". This idea is much more civil, it's our wall and if you use it, you pay to use it. Though, it would take significantly more time to collect enough to pay for the wall this way.
Or, if Trump wanted to be particularly nasty, he could freeze the ability of Mexicans working here to send money back to their families in Mexico. an excerpt from the Washington Post, "In the memo, Trump said he would threaten to change a rule under the USA Patriot Act antiterrorism law to cut off a portion of the funds sent to Mexico through money transfers, commonly known as remittances. The threat would be withdrawn if Mexico made “a one-time payment of $5-10 billion” to pay for the border wall, he wrote."
And here's a link to an article explaing one way of making Meixco pay for the wall: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...3375f271c9c_story.html?utm_term=.b4fc54b45975

And one, final quote for those too lazy to follow the k=link and read the article:

Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto told an assembly of top diplomats last week that “Mexico of course will not pay” for Donald Trump’s wall. His predecessor, former president Vicente Fox, put it more bluntly in a tweet storm last week, declaring: “TRUMP, when will you understand that I am not paying for that [f----n] wall.”

They are both wrong. Trump absolutely can make Mexico pay. And the answer lies in a provision of the corporate tax-reform plan House Republicans are planning to take up after Trump’s inauguration — the so-called “border adjustment.”

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i think mexico will not pay the wall, and this wall will not even be built. it usless, money wasted for nothing.
but.... if the wall is built, we have the greate wall of china, and now we have the great wall of united states XD

Reactions: lexarvn

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i think mexico will not pay the wall, and this wall will not even be built. it usless, money wasted for nothing.
but.... if the wall is built, we have the greate wall of china, and now we have the great wall of united states XD
The Great Wall of Mexico* since Trump stupidly wants us to build it, we make it, we call it :)

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even if Trump makes something against México (because, as he says, México reaches from the US border to La Patagonia Argentina), that'll be the stupidest movement ever.
I say this because, in TLCAN
(as far as the story of my country goes) If USA decides to breake that agreement, pretty much of the south part of USA will regain Mexican territory/ownership... thing.
In the Tratado de Guadalupe Hidalgo, it is stated that Santana GAVE Texas, California, Los angeles, etc. AS LONG AS THE US shares a bridge with México to export and import any product (TLCAN)

So, I truly hope Trump breakes that TLC...

Remember... Mexicans can do tunnels too.... just sayin'

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If USA decides to breake that agreement, pretty much of the south part of USA will regain Mexican territory/ownership... thing.'

You're telling me that if we (the US people) breaks this agreement part of OUR country will "revert" to Mexican territory?

I find it very difficult to believe the Trump would let that fly.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, look at this:

fence.jpg

It's more than 3m tall, I don't see how a Wall would make up for the fence which supposedly mexicans "jump" over.
Illegal immigration is not done by jumping the fence, it done by other meaning, being it tunnels or crossing over harsh environment which is not protected by the fence. The Wall will do jackshit to immigration, I can guarantee you that.

LOL that fence is cute, but soon we will have this:

d50.jpg

Paco cannot jump this.

Sounds like a great argument against NAFTA, but I fail to see what it has to do with Trump's wall.

I think he will leverage this to get Mexico to cover up front, if not, then Mexico will suffer as Trump puts the squeeze on the NAFTA agreement and the jobs flood out of Mexico and back to America B-).

I've heard that your president is dumber than ours... Something i truly believed impossible.

I also heard that, the first "Payment" will be courtesy of texas... so... giddy up taxes!

To be honest, in México, we don't even pay for our own health (that's becasue we have a FUCKING DISGUSTING PUBLIC HEALTH SYSTEM)
So, even if your beloved president says:
"México will pay for it, if not, their fired"
And even if my president says:
"Yes yes, I'm your bitch, spank me harder, spank me harder, Ahh!"
Us, as Méxican citizens pretty much WONT allow it.
More likely, we'll stop paying our taxes, and that's something we have done before.

So... it's a hard vision here.

In one hand you have us, the mexican citizens that always "fights back" against everything (I don't like to flow with the current, so I'll be sit tight in my home laughing at everyone)
And in the other hand you have the dumb american racists that will do whatever they can to stop "us-the mexicans" to cross your beloved border, even if that means that they'll pay more taxes in order to accomplish the caprices of your president.

Now... how does is feel to have a dumber president than Bush?
We're used to it... but you, oh, you're just starting.

(I don't take this very serious, pretty much nothing will happen)

Maybe if it was an electrical fence...
Te imaginas si lo fuera?
The quantity of cables that would fit there just to steal the electrical energy?
Free energy!

I'm sorry your country sucks, but that doesn't give Mexicans the right to cross into my country. Sorry that's not racist, I just like to follow the laws. That's what we do here in America.

Reactions: Tigroid

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You're telling me that if we (the US people) breaks this agreement part of OUR country will "revert" to Mexican territory?

I find it very difficult to believe the Trump would let that fly.
As far as the agreement goes... yep.

LOL that fence is cute, but soon we will have this:

d50.jpg

Paco cannot jump this.

I think he will leverage this to get Mexico to cover up front, if not, then Mexico will suffer as Trump puts the squeeze on the NAFTA agreement and the jobs flood out of Mexico and back to America B-).

I'm sorry your country sucks, but that doesn't give Mexicans the right to cross into my country. Sorry that's not racist, I just like to follow the laws. That's what we do here in America.

You do realize that MANY african immigrants uses MY country to reach YOUR country and that's not only "mexicans" who want's to step a foot in your territory?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Trump makes something against México (because, as he says, México reaches from the US border to La Patagonia Argentina), that'll be the stupidest movement ever.
I say this because, in TLCAN
(as far as the story of my country goes) If USA decides to breake that agreement, pretty much of the south part of USA will regain Mexican territory/ownership... thing.
In the Tratado de Guadalupe Hidalgo, it is stated that Santana GAVE Texas, California, Los angeles, etc. AS LONG AS THE US shares a bridge with México to export and import any product (TLCAN)

So, I truly hope Trump breakes that TLC...

Remember... Mexicans can do tunnels too.... just sayin'

LOL good luck taking back an inch of territory with that puny army of federales!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol