[Poll]Do you think Mexico will pay for the wall?

Do you think Mexico will pay for the wall?

• (US) Fuck, yeah!

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • (US) We'll pressure them into doing it

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • (US) Perhaps the cost gets split up

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • (US) I'm not sure...perhaps not?

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • (US) I believe Enrique Peña when he says "of course not"

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • (non-US) Fuck, yeah!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • (non-US) We'll pressure them into doing it

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • (non-US) Perhaps the cost gets split up

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • (non-US) I'm not sure...perhaps not?

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • (non-US) I believe Enrique Peña when he says "of course not"

Votes: 61 36.1%
  • (any) Comedy last option

Votes: 28 16.6%

• Total voters

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! How did you knew my name is Paco?
That's not fair!
I'm arguing with the smartest american out there... I'm out of here, I have no chance against that level of intelligence.
And your arguments are soooo logical, like... Federales and Paco's here and there...
I truly have no chance against you.

LOL it's just a nickname, why so sensitive??? Do you have illegal relatives? I'm sorry if you do.

Following laws is not illogical here in America, can't speak for Mexico lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But you're ok with living here despite what your ancestors did. I mean we brought in the bad people, the ones who rape and kill. Yet today we all seem to be ok.

I'm just saying I find it all so hypocrtical, that's all, and I really can't get past that.

LOL do you know my ancestors? Tell them raping is illegal too lol.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freakin liberals are always going off about crap that happened x amount of years ago, and trying to hold people of today accountable. I NEVER owned a slave, NEVER killed, raped, beat, etc. a Native American, NEVER supported geoncide, or ANYTHING LIKE IT. STOP HOLDING ME AND MY FRIENDS/FAMILY/PARTY ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT OUR ANCESTORS MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE HAD A HAND IN!

I'm not holding anyone accountable. I'm pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of what our nation was founded on and what we're trying to do today.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I get the source on the Trump quote?

Hahaha I'm not the one who was hiding under my bed under fear of A9LH installation. LOL I basically held your hand through it all, and put up with some silly questions!
i searched for "what trump thinks of brazil" because i don't want to be harmed to buy consoles or start some WAR xD and i found this.

https://pensabrasil.com/noticia-esp...hama-brasileiros-de-porcos-latinos-veja-aqui/

http://plus55.com/brazil-politics/news/2016/10/trump-about-brazil

Or say that trump did not offend Brazil
People say it's a rumor but I do not doubt anything coming from Trump.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
America would be living in a dream if they think a country with a bad economy such as Mexico would pay for a wall, that will also negatively impact their economy.

Trump needs to think of a different strategy that is far more realistic to block a flow of illegal immigrants.

Reactions: duffmmann

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
LOL it's just a nickname, why so sensitive??? Do you have illegal relatives? I'm sorry if you do.

Following laws is not illogical here in America, can't speak for Mexico lol.

LOL do you know my ancestors? Tell them raping is illegal too lol.
facepalm.jpg

I can see now why Trump won the elections.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hypocrisy is when Mexico plans a wall on its southern border to keep out illegals, but wants to pick a fight with us when we do the same for the same reason.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
America would be living in a dream if they think a country with a bad economy such as Mexico would pay for a wall, that will also negatively impact their economy.

Trump needs to think of a different strategy that is far more realistic to block a flow of illegal immigrants.

1) Rip up NAFTA
2) Put a new trade deal in our favor with tariffs
3) Bring back jobs to US
4) ???
5) Profit

Reactions: Tigroid

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hypocrisy is when Mexico plans a wall on its southern border to keep out illegals, but wants to pick a fight with us when we do the same for the same reason.

That is also hypocritical, sure, but that doesn't make what I've been talking about not hypocritical.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not directly, no. But the circumstances can change if Trump makes good on his remittance policy at least for a short while. Taxing remittances through legal channels can offset some of the cost but there are two problems with this approach. One, if anyone remembers the Secure Fence Act this is going to cost an obscene amount of money to accomplish and they'll be a number of legal hurdles to clear. Even 35% of remittance payments cannot put a dent in that. Two, I don't think long term that even a proposed remittance tax will have a significant effect because people will simply start operating through grey market channels.

Some people speculate that this proposed remittance tax can put public pressure on Nieto to concede some form of payment but the simple fact is Mexico's government has ever rarely been popular and more importantly they don't have the money waste on building someone else's wall. Likewise, if he agrees they'll also be hell to pay though the government's more authoritarian tendencies might quell dissension anyways.

It's a lose-lose and I can tell you from experience on the border adding a wall is unlikely to accomplish much relative to its "returns". Enforcement post-911 on the border is already pretty strict. Likewise, legal immigration is a mess and has been for years. Adding more complications to interstate relations is not going to benefit anyone overall besides comforting a handful of people with a minimal understanding of the situation. People who ask for a wall are looking at the issue way too simply. There are a lot of factors to consider here.

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Rip up NAFTA
3) Bring back jobs to US
4) ???
5) Profit
Trump's already working on it. He signed an executive order Monday to re-negotiate NAFTA in our favor, he's already saved thousands of jobs, and got several companies to invest here in the US which will add more jobs.

Reactions: el_gonz87
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Rip up NAFTA
3) Bring back jobs to US
4) ???
5) Profit
The US, and Mexico would both lose if that happens though, as things would escalate. Losing Mexico as an ally does not really play in America's favour. However, I understand the frustration of illegal immigration, which does need to stop, but Trump isn't only planning to just block illegal immigration, he's also making legal immigration almost impossible.

So this whole wall being built, is just an unrealistic approach, and Mexico would definitely not pay for this.

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Trump builds the wall and makes legal immigration impossible, we can loosen laws and regulations to help the legals get here. Right now our main priority is to stop the flow of illegals. And we'd rather stop everyone and loosen up later rather than slowly tighten regulations until it's pretty much *mostly* legals getting through.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The US, and Mexico would both lose if that happens though, as things would escalate. Losing Mexico as an ally does not really play in America's favour. However, I understand the frustration of illegal immigration, which does need to stop, but Trump isn't only planning to just block illegal immigration, he's also making legal immigration almost impossible.

So this whole wall being built, is just an unrealistic approach, and Mexico would definitely not pay for this.

Loosing Mexico as an ally would hurt? No!

1) We have a trade deficit with Mexico, which is about to be sorted by Trump
2) Mexico is never part of a coalition
3) We have a much bigger army than Mexico, no offense but I wouldn't be scared of the federales

I haven't seen anything on legal immigration becoming harder.

We're in a world where too much PC has let immigration run amok. Trump + Brexit is the peoples response!

Tigroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that I dislike Mexicans or Africans or any other race, but if you're willing to break laws to get here, then you've already proven your willingness to break laws.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that I dislike Mexicans or Africans or any other race, but if you're willing to break laws to get here, then you've already proven your willingness to break laws.

^ This. Is it so hard to respect laws of the country you wish to live in? LOL

Reactions: Tigroid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night