Gaming Hardware POLL: What is you preferred type of game controller?

What type of game controller do you like to use?

• Total voters

Fallen_Fenrir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
When it goes to gaming, comfort and convenience are the first things a player has on his mind when buying a new controller.

Everyone's tastes are different, so participate in this poll and tell us in the comments below the reasons why you choose a certain answer

Thank you!

Attachments

• proxy-image.jpg
    proxy-image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Symmetrical - I grew up with the PS2 Dualshock 2, so that's what I'm comfortable with, and Sony continued to use this version for the DualShocks 3 and 4, for two more consoles I've spent plenty of time using.

Nintendo later used this type for the Wii U controllers (and even the barely-used Wii Classic Controller, which really should've been a mandatory secondary option but that didn't happen), and guess what? I also spent plenty of time on my Wii U - its Pro Controller is still one of my favourite designs, and it's a real shame barely anyone sells replicas anymore.

And then 8bitdo wisely decided to put symmetrical sticks on their controllers, making them my go-to controller these days.

Reactions: Kraken_X

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually quite comfortable using both kinds. I would have a hard time choosing just one. What we have today is immensely more ergonomic than the controllers we had with the NES or SMS consoles, and yet they were fine for their era.

Reactions: Vine-gar

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Before I would've probably said Asymmetrical, but now that I've played a lot of games (specially fighting games) using D-pad... yeah no Symmetrical is better for me.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I went for the second option (not going to try and spell it lol), but give me a traditional controller with a beautiful D-Pad on it and I'm happy as Larry

Reactions: 64bitmodels

SPAC3W4IFU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dualshock controllers are literally my favorite controllers to use largely for their general controller layout, so I think it’s fairly obvious I have a preference for the symmetrical joysticks.

That said, I have no issues using asymmetrical joysticks, either. I still find a Xbox controller pretty comfortable to use, even as someone more consumed towards Playstation controls.

Reactions: felix.200

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Asymmetrical all day any day.
Preach, brother!
I love the Switch Pro Controller. I gave mine a new shell and metal analogue sticks meant for a Xbox One, and it's now the most comfortable controller I've ever put in my hands. Sticks glide so smooth without making ridiculous amounts of dust, and the analogue sticks now have a premium, heavy feel to them. I also like the glossy finish vs the default matte finish Nintendo added. (The matte finish can be peeled off quite easily btw, if you hate it.)

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii U: sticks on top on both sides. Else asymmetrical.
Made more practical by my adding back buttons to my Gamepad connected to the ABXY test points. But actually it’s pretty comfortable reaching down to the lower d-pad and face buttons even on the stock controller.

Last edited by emcintosh,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asymmetrical, personally i have no problem strechin my thumb to reach the Dpad since i don't play very many 2d games anyways, outside of emulation
OFC, i have both an Xbox Series S controller and an 8bitdo so i've got the best of both worlds. :D

Reactions: CoolMe

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Liked the PS Controllers. But my Favorits are XBox ones, for big hands def a better choice. Love my Elite Series 2 pad.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
this!!!

It is perfect for both 2D and 3D games. It is more comfortable than any other Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo controller. It has the A, B, X and Y buttons on the place they should (and not the dumb flipped xbox style). The ZL and ZR are not analogue, nothing is perfect I guess.
wiiu.png

Preach, brother!
I love the Switch Pro Controller. I gave mine a new shell and metal analogue sticks meant for a Xbox One, and it's now the most comfortable controller I've ever put in my hands. Sticks glide so smooth without making ridiculous amounts of dust, and the analogue sticks now have a premium, heavy feel to them. I also like the glossy finish vs the default matte finish Nintendo added. (The matte finish can be peeled off quite easily btw, if you hate it.)

Once you showed a picture of that controller of yours, and you always should do that more times. That thing is beautiful!!!

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when the first Dual Shock controller came out for PS1, so I started with symmetrical, but asymmetrical feels more natural somehow.

The original Xbox Controller-S is my all-time favorite controller. The D-pad is great and it feels just as natural playing older games on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1