Possible SX Switch modchip clones appear on Taobao marketplace

e3Qc7ix.jpg

A challenger approaches, as a possible imitation product based on Team Xecuter's SX Core modchip has surfaced online. The discovery was initially posted to Chinese webforum Baidu, in which two images were uploaded, with claims of them being clones of SX Core. Supposedly, this knockoff chip would support Atmosphere CFW for the mariko and ipatched Nintendo Switch variants by soldering it exactly like you would with the SX Core. These clones have already appeared on Taobao and Xianyu, though they're currently priced at 700 Yuan ($108 USD) at the cheapest. While they may have "secretly shipped" off to various retailers to sell, it's still unknown as to whether or not these chips work, or if they're reliable. No word has been made as to whether or not the same mystery team has also cloned the SX Lite chips that have Switch Lite support, either.

New chips have appeared. Recently, Xianyu (Chinese retailer) has a batch of chips that can be bought in large quantities, which only support atmosphere, which is different from the previous tx chips. The imitated chips have already been secretly shipped.

kkk19f1.jpg

:arrow: Source
:discuss: GBAtemp Discussion Thread

D

Deleted User

Coming from the Nintendo Wii's Homebrew scene and then the 3DS', it was quite surprising to see the Switch's when it initially came out; soldering something onto the original hardware and then a subscription to a Cracking Service.

Not really what I imagined it to be, but wherever there's money to be made, I'm sure there'll be a business model.

That said, I'll sit this one out and wait for a Software-only Crack.
If one never arrives, I'll assume it's Karma telling me I've got enough from aforementioned Nintendo consoles.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I agree because it's still in a betaish release
this is probably a sample price/
sample pricing

because you are only buying one
they will probably be dirt cheap in bulk just everything on alibaba
this is like the aliexpress single unit price and the alibababa bulk MOQ price will be like $20 a piece then it is up to the reseller how much they want to make off of it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like 60 bucks
$60 then subtract the price of the included SX OS license ,we will say $40
and you get like $20 for the chip itself
I am going to assume there is at least a 50% markup on the chips but I never priced them in bulk , maybe someone here who did can chime in?

I will assume that the new clones will be priced under $10 for bulk MOQ , at least they should be
$10 tops ,

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Coming from the Nintendo Wii's Homebrew scene and then the 3DS', it was quite surprising to see the Switch's when it initially came out; soldering something onto the original hardware and then a subscription to a Cracking Service.

Not really what I imagined it to be, but wherever there's money to be made, I'm sure there'll be a business model.

That said, I'll sit this one out and wait for a Software-only Crack.
If one never arrives, I'll assume it's Karma telling me I've got enough from aforementioned Nintendo consoles.
what are talking about there is not and never was any "cracking service" or any "subscription fee"

D

Deleted User

what are talking about

... I could ask you the same thing. Google is your friend, if the amount of Posts here about SX OS isn't enough.

If that is the case, then I'll catch up with all unplayed Games in the next Nintendo Generation, when there's been more time for Switch Emulators to mature.

Might even be able to install that into the next Handheld, a la TWiLight Menu++ on the 3DS.

Last edited by , , Reason: Typo.
D

Deleted User

yessss, great! Now I'll need to look out for someone in my region to install the modchip.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
have these fools not seen what happened to team X?! if these do become available better GET THEM FAST because nintendo are fucking ruthless now worse than apple :P

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
have these fools not seen what happened to team X?! if these do become available better GET THEM FAST because nintendo are fucking ruthless now worse than apple :P
I think it is very unprobable nintendo will be able to do shit to them...

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Welp. Atmo is a smart play.
Good luck getting that badgered Ninty.

Call me again when this allows for Android on a V2 and Lite Model. I have no real use for any other switch modding anymore.
Therefore my Lite'll stay the way it is.

Aside Ninty 1st party titles, Switch games go on sales often enough eitherhow.
I already have a huge enough backlog... Could probably get the next year done w.o. needing new "fuel".

Lets see them get sued in a week
In China ?
Yeah.

This is a gaming website, so by the law of the internet it's going to be an inflatable doll, love pillow or waifu simulator.

Marriage rates have been going down.
By now (2021) more people live alone or with their parents.
And don't even ask the japanese.They don't even have the word marriage in their dictionary anymore I suppose.

Last edited by Deleted member 514389,

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
The website of the modchip says this:

By copying SX chip, we made a new chip named HWFLY.
Compared with SX, HWFLY PRO adds FPGA and MCU burning interface. This means that it can be more convenient to study.
HWFLY can only be used to learn and study SCA.
Because of legal issues, we will not provide any programs to enable HWFLY to achieve specific functions, such as cracking. But buyers can use open source programs, such as Atmosphere, or write their own programs to achieve SCA.
Again, HWFLY can only be used to learn and research, not to play pirated games.
The retail price of HWFLY without FPGA and MCU burning interface is MYR 644.
The retail price of HWFLY Pro with FPGA and MCU burning interface is MYR 844.
For overseas users, we support bitcoin and Ethernet transactions.
HWFLY are already on sale. We need regional agents. You can contact us through email to get agent information.

NOTE
HWFLY does not support Erista because it can play pirated games such as XCI with SX boot files.We don't support piracy.

txBPWRP.jpg

844 MYR = 205 USD
644 MYR = 156 USD

Last edited by DbGt,
Reactions: Inaki

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Welp. Atmo is a smart play.
Good luck getting that badgered Ninty.

Call me again when this allows for Android on a V2 and Lite Model. I have no real use for any other switch modding anymore.
Therefore my Lite'll stay the way it is.

Aside Ninty 1st party titles, Switch games go on sales often enough eitherhow.
I already have a huge enough backlog... Could probably get the next year done w.o. needing new "fuel".

In China ?
Yeah.

Marriage rates have been going down.
By now (2021) more people live alone or with their parents.
And don't even ask the japanese.They don't even have the word marriage in their dictionary anymore I suppose.
I mean lets see the Big N try :rofl2:

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm honestly surprised it took this long for something to come out. Expensive though :/

I'd like to see an SX Lite clone though, I've been considering getting a Switch Lite for my wife but no hacks = not worth bothering with for me. Hopefully it's a thing and isn't balls more expensive than the OG one.
Ask the chip manufacture to send a sample for GBATEMP EXCLUSIVE REVIEW!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck to anyone taking a chance on a mod chip clone. After Gateway and it's awful protection that bricked systems with the clone carts (and even a few with supposedly real copies of Gateway), I'm incredibly wary of clones (though I guess I also feel similar for such "official" products as well).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: