Possible SX Switch modchip clones appear on Taobao marketplace

e3Qc7ix.jpg

A challenger approaches, as a possible imitation product based on Team Xecuter's SX Core modchip has surfaced online. The discovery was initially posted to Chinese webforum Baidu, in which two images were uploaded, with claims of them being clones of SX Core. Supposedly, this knockoff chip would support Atmosphere CFW for the mariko and ipatched Nintendo Switch variants by soldering it exactly like you would with the SX Core. These clones have already appeared on Taobao and Xianyu, though they're currently priced at 700 Yuan ($108 USD) at the cheapest. While they may have "secretly shipped" off to various retailers to sell, it's still unknown as to whether or not these chips work, or if they're reliable. No word has been made as to whether or not the same mystery team has also cloned the SX Lite chips that have Switch Lite support, either.

New chips have appeared. Recently, Xianyu (Chinese retailer) has a batch of chips that can be bought in large quantities, which only support atmosphere, which is different from the previous tx chips. The imitated chips have already been secretly shipped.

kkk19f1.jpg

:arrow: Source
:discuss: GBAtemp Discussion Thread

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This seems from Malaysia, but still, I doubt nipondo can do shit against them.

The switch is now being sold in China, I recall reading about some piracy stuff related to the switch being restricted by the chinese government a while back.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck to anyone taking a chance on a mod chip clone. After Gateway and it's awful protection that bricked systems with the clone carts (and even a few with supposedly real copies of Gateway), I'm incredibly wary of clones (though I guess I also feel similar for such "official" products as well).
I would think this is unlikely SX has already been dissected and nothing like that was found ... and Didn't Gateway place the Brick code in response of the Clones.. Because as far as we know SX is gone its unlikely they will input a brick code now.

Last edited by djpannda,

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The website of the modchip says this:

txBPWRP.jpg

844 MYR = 205 USD
644 MYR = 156 USD
Tried contact with this supplier and they were quick to response me by email(like, 5-10min), someone already bought and they really shipped?
Because it's kinda high the price and the supplier said that normally people buy 2 normal units for testing purposes

Reactions: cearp

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think this is unlikely SX has already been dissected and nothing like that was found ... and Didn't Gateway place the Brick code in response of the Clones.. Because as far as we know SX is gone its unlikely they will input a brick code now.
I honestly don't know what the hell Gateway was thinking. They were trying to stop people from using shady products by ensuring they only use their shady product (which still apparently led to some bricks for some people with supposedly real Gateways). All it did for me was act as further convincing to stay far away from such products.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't know what the hell Gateway was thinking. They were trying to stop people from using shady products by ensuring they only use their shady product. All it did for me was act as further convincing to stay far away from such products.
stop being stupid there is no brick code because this is strictly hardware and it has no software and it is not even uisng any SX code
the pro is a FPGA so it can be programmed to emulate any hardware, this has NOTHING to do with SX
it is just a glitcher, so there is no way SX can put any brick code on it or that it will brick your system
the only thing hat can happen is that can fuck up your system if it is not good quality

Reactions: Kopimist

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop being stupid there is no brick code because this is strictly hardware and it has no software and it is not even uisng any SX code
the pro is a FPGA so it can be programmed to emulate any hardware, this has NOTHING to do with SX
it is just a glitcher, so there is no way SX can put any brick code on it or that it will brick your system
the only thing hat can happen is that can fuck up your system if it is not good quality
I'm not saying there is a brick code, I'm just saying I'm incredibly wary of such clone products. You're not wary? Cool. Doesn't mean I can't be.

Reactions: Lightyose

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Good luck to anyone taking a chance on a mod chip clone. After Gateway and it's awful protection that bricked systems with the clone carts (and even a few with supposedly real copies of Gateway), I'm incredibly wary of clones (though I guess I also feel similar for such "official" products as well).

This makes no sense, this modchip cant boot SX cause of TX DRM. It can only be used with atmos

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else thinking that normal vs pro difference is odd ? sx core has the solder pads and test points or soldering holes, yes, but it doesn't have the actual FPGA chip soldered and, from what I know, it does the glitching using the MCU, nothing more. So... I don't know, it may be they wan't to sell the rhetoric of not wanting piracy but... also, the normal version has the MCU update/debug connector, why would it have it if it is not flashable ?

Last edited by Inaki,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying there is a brick code, I'm just saying I'm incredibly wary of such clone products. You're not wary? Cool. Doesn't mean I can't be.
Well i am not wary of there being any brick code in it because they are not providing you with any software in which to protect, they are not providing you with any software at all you have to get spacecraft NX and load it yourself
they have no reason to put any brick code and the thing comes blank with no software anyways so that is of no concern
t he only thing to be wary of is the quality of the chip, and any hardware problems it could pose.
GW put in brick code to protect their software, this has no software.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i am not wary of there being any brick code in it because they are not providing you with any software in which to protect, they are not providing you with any software at all you have to get spacecraft NX and load it yourself
they have no reason to put any brick code and the thing comes blank with no software anyways so that is of no concern
t he only thing to be wary of is the quality of the chip, and any hardware problems it could pose.
Cool, that's good for you

Reactions: iepuras

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nah, Tencent did it. Else they wouldn't give a shit.
This chip might be made in another country with laxed laws. We don't know.
rumors say Malaysia
Didn't Nintendo successfully had the SX Core chip factory shut down production? Then they can touch China!
You need only a blueprint and off you go :D

Last edited by Blavla,

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, aren't you fellow tempers on this thread concerned about what I was wondering here ?

Anyone else thinking that normal vs pro difference is odd ? sx core has the solder pads and test points or soldering holes, yes, but it doesn't have the actual FPGA chip soldered and, from what I know, it does the glitching using the MCU, nothing more. So... I don't know, it may be they wan't to sell the rhetoric of not wanting piracy but... also, the normal version has the MCU update/debug connector, why would it have it if it is not flashable ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's the difference between regular and pro?
Regular doesn't have the small FPGA chip, but so was the original SX Core ( ! ), so, I don't know, something looks odd there...

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: