Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you know what those words mean? Generally when people refer to "decompiling", they're talking about reverse-engineering a program to arrive at equivalent source code. (A "disassembly" is similar, but in that case the product is assembly language with useful notations.)

So, no, decompiling does not "require a Source", but it's a nonsense question.

That's generally called "cracking". That has nothing to do with "decompiling".

In any case, is this a 3DS game you're talking about? Because if it isn't, why are you posting in the 3DS thread?
Wondering if a old Game from the 90s can be Decompiled, and made for the 3DS. Pong Kombat 3, or Blood Pong (Same Game Devs, but they do not have the Source anymore).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wondering if a old Game from the 90s can be Decompiled, and made for the 3DS. Pong Kombat 3, or Blood Pong (Same Game Devs, but they do not have the Source anymore).
Lots of things "can" be done, but it would probably be much, much easier to just rewrite the game from scratch – though the result will only be an approximation that is not 100% identical.

Reactions: Smoker1

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
de-compiling games takes hundreds of hours and for such obscure games i doubt there will be anyone interested ever...

• Sad
Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. That sucks. Yeah, all it is, is a 7.53 .exe File. Only seems to work on WinXP or earlier Win OS. Win10, it runs, but you cannot play it, because In-Game the Paddles do not show, or the Ball.
PK3 works in Basilisk II, but the Screen is rather small.
Blood Pong NOT Working on Windows 10.jpgBlood Pong Working VirtualBox WinXP.jpgPK3 Working In-Game.jpg

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WTF!? :wtf:

Yeah, all it is, is a 7.53 .exe File.
Are you trying to say it's a MacOS app that you're running under MacOS 7.5.3 in an emulator!? Because I can't imagine what "7.53 .exe File" is supposed to mean otherwise.

Only seems to work on WinXP or earlier Win OS. Win10, it runs, but you cannot play it, because In-Game the Paddles do not show, or the Ball.
There are many Windows programs with such limitations. You can always use a virtual machine or something like BoxedWine or DXWnd or maybe dgVoodoo 2.

PK3 works in Basilisk II, but the Screen is rather small.
So you want to decompile it and run it on a dead platform with an even smaller screen!? :wtf: If you could decompile it you could run it anywhere without any screen problems!

I'm sure other people by now have encountered similar problems with old MacOS applications. I'm not sure what the best solution is. (Running Fusion in DOSBox and using the DOSBox scaler, maybe.) Decompiling the app is certainly not it.

LordTwibill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a demake port of an RPG Maker MV game be possible, like Fear & Hunger or Omori? Or is the 3DS too weak for it? No stupid questions, just wondering if it can be done.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would a demake port of an RPG Maker MV game be possible, like Fear & Hunger or Omori? Or is the 3DS too weak for it? No stupid questions, just wondering if it can be done.
ffs, anything can be done. Why couldn't it be done? Why not just rewrite the entire thing for the NES, too?

LordTwibill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, "no stupid questions".
You're moving away from the point in bad faith. I mean there's no stupid questions because communities should be safe and welcoming for newcomers to ask these questions. Merely getting angry and shallow does nothing to prove your point, it only distances people from wanting to speak up.

So either answer the question, or you're wasting my time.

Mudb0y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A 3DS screenreader, but because the 3DS doesn't have any sort of accessibility API to my knowledge, a little script that would make a screenshot, send it to Chat GPT / GPT4V, then describe it using a speech synthesizer like Espeak so you wouldn't have to OCR with your phone or ask for a sighted person. You could trigger it with a keybind on any screen. Don't know if that'd even be possible but just ordered a New 2DS XL and that would come in extremely handy.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A 3DS screenreader, but because the 3DS doesn't have any sort of accessibility API to my knowledge, a little script that would make a screenshot, send it to Chat GPT / GPT4V, then describe it using a speech synthesizer like Espeak so you wouldn't have to OCR with your phone or ask for a sighted person. You could trigger it with a keybind on any screen. Don't know if that'd even be possible but just ordered a New 2DS XL and that would come in extremely handy.
It would probably be easier just to stream video continuously and then use something on your PC to capture a frame from the stream when desired.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto