Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-Retail & eShop Save backup, encrypt decrypt, and restore tool. To allow for transfering saves between carts and 3DS systems for eShop games.
-Codes app
-File uploader, downloader with qr reader for getting links.
-File unzipper
-A good 3D video player

And again Virtual Boy 3D, Region Free, eShop Region Changer, & SD File Manager.

Reactions: Margen67

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS emulation....it would be cool from a save state and cheating (if that's your thing, personally I couldn't care less about it) prospective. Also, maybe the ability to render at a slightly higher resolution, though I'm not sure if the hardware could handle it.

MightyJAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Z-machine interpreter with interactive 3D models of the original Infocom feelies. For example, when playing Wishbringer you'd be able to examine and open the letter, and make the Wishbringer stone glow in the dark when you turn off the lights (detected through the 3DS's cameras).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like a Robocode-like, Battlecode-like game.
It's a AI interpreter to battle other AI codes in arenas.

users create their own "robot" files to challenge other user's scripts.
any AI challengers here? ;)

that would require a AI language creation and interpreter, this is what could be programmed.
It could be an easy one.

it also exists in real worlds championship (and with more freedom on design and strategies), but I guess most are tele-guided, not AI driven.

D

Deleted User

this is slightly related but didn't Smealum inject pokemon silver into a channel meaning that a lot of emulators people want would be not needed?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
this is slightly related but didn't Smealum inject pokemon silver into a channel meaning that a lot of emulators people want would be not needed?
that was on the 4.x exploit....basically a completely different hack, ssspwn does not have kernel access and smealum is not releasing his original exploit which did

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he has a full access (using MSET exploit, the same one used by Gateway), and thanks to his full kernel access he found other vulnerabilities/possibilities/bugs/exploits/etc.
he based SSSPwn on one which doesn't have Kernel access.
Users think they will simply analyze and reverse the exploit to patch the limitation and get Kernel access back, but maybe there will be no limitation to remove, as this hack method just never provided kernel access.
it's different exploits.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

he has a full access (using MSET exploit, the same one used by Gateway), and thanks to his full kernel access he found other vulnerabilities/possibilities/bugs/exploits/etc.
he based SSSPwn on one which doesn't have Kernel access.
Users think they will simply analyze and reverse the exploit to get Kernel access back, but maybe it never was there in this "entry point".
it's different exploits.
You sir deserve a cookie for class A explanation :rofl:

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sir deserve a cookie for class A explanation :rofl:
Over-the-top-M-M-Peanut-Butter-Cookie-top.jpg
Fixed your cookie for your sir.

May or may not have eaten it.

Reactions: Deleted User

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Is there a homebrew app for disabling region lock?

Also kinda unrelated but does downloading the exploit mean you can't update the 3DS anymore? Or will it update along with official firmware?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is there a homebrew app for disabling region lock?

Also kinda unrelated but does downloading the exploit mean you can't update the 3DS anymore? Or will it update along with official firmware?
smaulum stated he may be able to disable the region lock, but i don't think it will be ready for the initial release, the exploit wont stop you updating, but updating will more than likely block the exploit......so if you want to keep homebrew you will likely have to stop updating

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If region lock is seriously considered by smealum, I guess that also means a rom loader is possible right? Doesnt it affect the same part of the console that'd allow to launch games without appropriate checks?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i would bet smealum would know a lot more than anyone here, and if he says no i doubt it, there's a difference between maybe tricking the system to boot a cart without checking the region and making it read roms that aren't signed to boot from certain places to run

i have no idea how the 3ds handles the region lock but i assume it must be fairly lax if smealum thinks it can be bypassed in usermode

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo