Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not much of a hacker but can you like take pokemon battle rumble for wii and put a file on a pokemon, then transfer it to the 3ds via pearl? just s theory someone smart should try it

You've heard the phrase "putting the cart before the horse", right?
Well what you've suggested is equivalent to putting the Large Hadron Collider before the horse.
So don't hold your breath for that.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have an idea. the pokemon games black & white are dsi hybrids right?
does that mean that we can do the same thing that was dont with the classic word game, the save game exploit?
i think that would be for DSi mode tho.

that isnt possible for 3DS carts? or is it?
Just because a card is a DSi hybrid doesn't mean it is exploitable. Look at the Wii for example; some games are exploited. That doesn't mean that EVERY game can be exploited. If Pokemon Black/White were exploitable (with such popular, first party games, they are likely to be well coded and have proper measures in place to prevent exploitation), it would just be a DSi mode hack, the same as the Classic Word Games and Cooking Coach exploits. Or any of the DSiWareHax.
This might be a little bit unorthodox, but can somebody please tell me why this is bullshit?:
http://www.nintendo3dshack.com/
Why? Because it's not true and doesn't work. Can't think how else to say that really...

EDIT: To the poster above me: No, there is a 100% "chance" it is fake, not 99%.

Reactions: 1 person

Dr.Aqua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Change DNS settings so it receives and update from a different server to get a custom firmware(could potentially work for DSi also?)
Sort of like the personal GTS server thing for Pokemon

Bot sure if this will work or if anyone has suggested it already
Not reading 81 pages lol :P

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change DNS settings so it receives and update from a different server to get a custom firmware(could potentially work for DSi also?)

nope

the game wud just crash

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yes, suggested dozens of times. Will not work because neither the 3DS nor the DSi will install anything unless it is signed by Nintendo using the private key (something the homebrew community does not have access to, and almost definitely never will)

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay lets set things straight about encryption/decryption/signing:

NCCH files (CXI/CFA): The contents of NCCH files, ExeFS, RomFS and the ExHeader are encrypted with AES-CTR. It is signed by encrypting the SHA-256 hash of the header with RSA-2048. Encryption/decryption of the NCCH contents, uses the same key.

NCSD files (CCI/CSU aka Game Roms): These are NCCH file containers. So they will only contain CXI and CFA files in plain text(this means that the NCCH file is plain text, but the contents of the NCCH files are still encrypted.) Again like NCCH files, NCSD files are signed by encrypting the SHA-256 hash of the NCSD header with RSA-2048.

3DS Downloadable titles: This is a bit more complicated. But the files which are comprise 3DS downloads are:
  1. a TMD(which includes Certificates) this includes file hashes of the content and is signed.(This obtain via a SOAP request)
  2. a Ticket, also signed, this holds among other things the encrypted title key, for the content.(This obtain via a SOAP request)
  3. encrypted NCCH files(where the entire file is encrypted, on top of the AES-CTR encryption of the NCCH contents)
Decrypting downloadable 3DS titles(from entirely encrypted to readable), requires the common key and the encrypted title key from the ticket. Using the title id of the title padded with zeros as the iv, decrypt the title Key using AES-CBC. Then with the same iv as before, and the decrypted title key, decrypt the application content with AES-CBC.

HOWEVER, the ticket (which holds the encrypted title key), is only accessible on Nintendo's CDN for System titles. The 'cetk' file does not exist for eShop downloads on Nintendo's CDN. So if one managed to obtain the common key, they would only be able to decrypt System Titles to readable form.

For those theories relating to the SD Card for exploits/game sharing read here

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just wondering.

From what I have seen so far,
E shop games downloaded on one 3DS will not work on another 3DS right?

So if two 3DS downloads an exact same game,
leaves it untouched,
And compares the code,

Will we find be able to reverse engineer a way to share 3DS eshop games?

(My opinion is that it is like a compare code process to find the common data or common encryption,
Though it is not going to be easy as most likely both games are encrypted differently)

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering.

From what I have seen so far,
E shop games downloaded on one 3DS will not work on another 3DS right?

So if two 3DS downloads an exact same game,
leaves it untouched,
And compares the code,

Will we find be able to reverse engineer a way to share 3DS eshop games?

(My opinion is that it is like a compare code process to find the common data or common encryption,
Though it is not going to be easy as most likely both games are encrypted differently)
Umm...
...For those theories relating to the SD Card for exploits/game sharing read here
From the link at the 'read here':
"XXXXXXXX.app" - (There is no pattern to the file name) These files are NCCH files, where the entire file is encrypted with a per-console key.
Comparing two copies of the same files encrypted with different keys will not help at all. And even if it did, there is a whole system in place which controls/manages SD Card content, which is also explained on that page: read here. You can't just copy game data to the SD Card and expect it to 'work', even if you did manage to it encrypted with your 3DS' per-console key.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
if only niemod/nintendo wud share some keys with us

then this thread wud be useful

eb6.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...