Hacking Powersaves - Cartridge recognized but not supported?

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, just received my Powersaves and I wanted to test it with Mario Kart 7.
Only I get the following message:

Schermafbeelding 2014-03-11 om 19.18.20.png

What does this mean? Do I have some kind of special Mario Kart 7 cartridge? Or is my region wrong? (how do I know?)

Thanks in advance

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well it means right what it says, the actual version of powersaves doesnt support the save of your cartridge, yet. nothing more or less. everything else would be pure speculation without knowing the details of your card, and beats me how to get them out...

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the 1.2 game update installed from eshop? Maybe it changes how the saves are managed and detel cba making mods for the old save files or something....unlikely but idk
Can someone confirm this. I was forced to update my system to get & use pokebank. But i started my pokemon x from 6.1. Will it still work, I can't comform anything yet since my powersave didn't come yet even though i ordered it Feb 27. And yes i did update to 1.2 since I couldn't go online without the update.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Idk I would imagine it should work fine with the update, Pokemon will also work fine as Long as your running on a retail firmware, it doesn't work if your playing through emunand though, there may be a different cart that datel doesn't support, not necessarily newer dust a less common cart version, maybe sharing the cart ID may let people know if it's a different version than one that others are using.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone confirm this. I was forced to update my system to get & use pokebank. But i started my pokemon x from 6.1. Will it still work, I can't comform anything yet since my powersave didn't come yet even though i ordered it Feb 27. And yes i did update to 1.2 since I couldn't go online without the update.

I can confirm Pokemon works like a charm. All updates installed.

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same problem with ocarina of time 3d. My mk7 works fine though

Edit: actually OoT doesn't even detect the game name just an "!" in the popup

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Do you have the 1.2 game update installed from eshop? Maybe it changes how the saves are managed and detel cba making mods for the old save files or something....unlikely but idk
you could try deleting the update/taking out your sd card, and then going into the game, saving it (to 'update' the save file with the old version save), and try this powersave thing again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!