Hacking Pre-emptive request: Fan-translate Zelda U

linkenski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lately I've been seeing a lot of controversy about the way particularly NoA handles their translations. I don't know what changed but they used to be great, heck, they used to be the absolute best in the industry back in the DS era with Hotel Dusk and stuff and I also remember both Wind Waker and TP having very good translations, but looking at ALBW, Triforce Heroes and the infamous FE:Fates localizations, I'm really fearful Zelda U's localization will feel watered down too. Perhaps Nintendo has lost key staff or gotten more conservative with localization over the last couple of years; whatever it is, it's bad and it's getting more and more obvious.

So on that accord, I encourage somebody with excellent Japanese skills or even well-established teams/friends from this site who I know have done fantastic work on various things, to take on the Japanese script of Zelda U when the time comes. It's just a request and a reminder that people care about the writing in Zelda games and some even consider fan-made jobs to be of higher quality than the official work from Nintendo nowadays.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that modded wiiu's are really hard to come by, and that you'd need a LOT of translators..
This request is almost definitely not gonna happen.
UNLESS IOSU IS RELEASED LOLOL

D

Deleted User

Isn't Zelda U actually gonna be an NX title anyways? And like Mr.ButtButt said, you'd need a shitton of translators.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You... do know that kernel also allows for file swapping too... right?
oh I know, but not everyone is gonna go out an buy a 5.3.2 WiiU just to play some fan translation
: PP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Isn't Zelda U actually gonna be an NX title anyways? And like Mr.ButtButt said, you'd need a shitton of translators.
WiiU title, but probably getting an NX release as well.

Reactions: Deleted User

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is such a weird request on so many levels.

But how about this, you just buy the game when it's out. Because last time I checked, NoE did the European translations (which would apply to your region, according to your location).

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A