Homebrew [Pre-release] Agbsave9 - Tool to extract agb_firm saves.

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Do you people think that is gonna be any other form to extract these saves without CFW or doing complicated things?

I would like to extract my saves from my GBA embassador games without CFW or use my other 3DS to play GBA games extracting and putting the saves quickly and easily...

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you people think that is gonna be any other form to extract these saves without CFW or doing complicated things?

I would like to extract my saves from my GBA embassador games without CFW or use my other 3DS to play GBA games extracting and putting the saves quickly and easily...
Most likely not. You need certain access to be able to pull these saves and be decrypted to use. This is where homebrew and CFW come in to being able to grab these files for the saves.

Princess21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've updated the program to allow for save injection. To use it consult the instructions on the release page
Here is the release https://github.com/alex34567/Agbsave9/releases/tag/v1.0.1
Source code https://github.com/alex34567/Agbsave9.
Thanks to the people who made Decrypt9 which my tool is a fork of and, to 3dbrew which had documentation on the AGB_FRIM save format.
This. Freakin. Worked!
Thank you so much for releasing this tool. I can't use GodMode9/Hourglass9/etc because I prefer Emunand, so this simpler method is fantastic. It even works with titles that are installed solely on Emunand! So happy :yay3ds:
As a minor note, I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there's a bug in the latest version. When creating the save injection cia, it says that it can't find "agb_inject_mb_1.ftr", which is in the folder like in previous versions. I followed advice from this thread, so no biggie. Just thought to let you know.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. Freakin. Worked!
Thank you so much for releasing this tool. I can't use GodMode9/Hourglass9/etc because I prefer Emunand, so this simpler method is fantastic. It even works with titles that are installed solely on Emunand! So happy :yay3ds:
As a minor note, I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but there's a bug in the latest version. When creating the save injection cia, it says that it can't find "agb_inject_mb_1.ftr", which is in the folder like in previous versions. I followed advice from this thread, so no biggie. Just thought to let you know.

To my knowledge, it's impossible to play GBA games from solely EmuNAND anyway, so I'm not sure I see the point of injecting AGBSAVEs to EmuNAND. Also, this implementation is a bit buggy and GodMode9 does it far better.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,
D

Deleted User

This. Freakin. Worked!
It´s fine when you are happy but keep it for yourself please. There is no need to bump old threads.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This. Freakin. Worked!
Well... I thought this through, and actually GM9s method *should* work for GBA VC games from EmuNAND, too. You'll still have to inject / dump from S:/agbsave.bin, though. Did you use E:/agbsave.bin earlier?

Reactions: Princess21

Princess21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It´s fine when you are happy but keep it for yourself please. There is no need to bump old threads.
Yeah, that was stupid of me. Sorry for the trouble. This'll be my last post on this thread.

Well... I thought this through, and actually GM9s method *should* work for GBA VC games from EmuNAND, too. You'll still have to inject / dump from S:/agbsave.bin, though. Did you use E:/agbsave.bin earlier?
That actually worked! Thank you!

Karasuhebi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to use GBAVCSM for some reason, the other option would be to manually dump the .sav files with GodMode9 itself. Here's the steps:
  1. boot into GodMode9 (hold Start while turning on your 3DS)
  2. go into the S: drive
  3. press A when agbsave.bin is highlighted (should be by default so you can just press A immediately)
  4. press A again to choose "AGBSAVE options..."
  5. press A again to choose "Dump GBA VC save"
  6. Done!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course