Prior PlayStation 4 exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn is coming to PC

horizon-zero-dawn-screen-02-ps4-us-13jun16.jpg

Numerous rumors have floated about regarding the possibility of Sony studio Guerilla Games bringing their PS4 exclusive title Horizon Zero Dawn to the PC platform. And now, it has officially been confirmed by PlayStation EU. In a new PlayStation Blog, the head of the company's Worldwide Studios branch, Hermen Hulst, talks about the future of media, including the Uncharted movie, The Last of Us's TV adaptation, and new to everyone, the upcoming PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Our talk covers a lot of ground: from upcoming film and TV projects based on Uncharted and The Last of Us, to the upcoming PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn, to what’s next for PlayStation’s international network of game studios.

Hulst confirmed the rumors, and stated that the PC version of the game would be releasing later this summer, with more information to come at a later date, from the developers themselves. Horizon: Zero Dawn originally released for the PlayStation 4 in 2017, and sold over 10 million copies.

Speaking of experimentation, there have been rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition that might be coming to PC… can you confirm or deny that?

Yes, I can confirm that Horizon Zero Dawn is coming to PC this summer…. There will be more information coming from Guerrilla, from the new studio directors [Michiel van der Leeuw, JB van Beek, and Angie Smets] pretty soon.

This won't be a common occurence, seeing PS4 exclusives jump onto PC, but the team found that the game was an ideal match for the platform, in HZD's case.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn’t necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don’t have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

:arrow: Source

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I see that some games produced for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 have been released for the PC. Someday I may get around to trying some of there former console-exclusive titles. Two out of three major console manufacturers Microsoft and Sony will have eventually released some of their games for the PC after some more months pass. That leaves only Nintendo as the last holdout who has never published their games on the PC or competitors' consoles (excluding licensed titles and discontinued consoles such as the Phillips CD-I and Atari 2600). I wonder if there will ever be a time when Nintendo sees that it can profit by porting their first-party games to at least the PC... ... I know about that some Wii games have been released on the Nvidia Shield for the Chinese market, but for now it seems to be an exception.

Last edited by Worldblender,

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if there will ever be a time when Nintendo sees that it can profit by porting their first-party games to at least the PC... ... I know about that some Wii games have been released on the Nvidia Shield for the Chinese market, but for now it seems to be an exception
Youl only ever see nintendo games on a pc if microsoft buy them out but tht wil never happen because Nintendo would only join forces with Sony so mayb one day we wil see the Nintendo playstation 2:D

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Yeah because a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV is totally not close to a ground...
PS4 Pro also isn't always True 4k. Rarely is iirc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice 2 grand a grand same thing most people would still to get out a loan to hav tht lol
If you're taking out a loan to buy a PC I'm going to assume you're either an idiot or someone with money looking to build credit.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice 2 grand a grand same thing most people would still to get out a loan to hav tht lol

I hope you don't mind an analysis from an expert. Because I think the configuration you responded to is a bad example.

You probably already subtracted the monitor since you weren't saying 1,2 grand. There's also a mouse and a keyboard there, which you could get for a mere $15. It's not like you actually need actual "gamer input devices". Maybe you got some of that hardware at home, so I won't include it in my calculation.

That concludes the unnecessary parts when comparing the configuration to what a PS4 would include. Though, I'd definitely go for another 8 gigs of RAM, but that's just me. 8 gigs might be sufficient, but I never tested that myself.

When gaming in 4K60, your CPU doesn't matter as much, since the GPU will bottleneck the rest of the rig.
Personally, I'd just hunt down a cheap pre-assembled PC with an i5 from two or three generations ago (the improvements are pretty small nowadays) and probably 8 or 16 gigs of RAM and no dedicated GPU (but with a PCIe-Slot to install one) for less than 350 bucks (maybe under 250 if bought used). That saves me the case, mainboard, RAM, HDD (though you might want to get an extra SSD) and CPU. That leaves you with a PSU for not more than 50 bucks (since the one installed probably won't have any cables for a dedicated GPU) and the GPU itself. The result won't run noticably slower in games, even though the CPU is not top notch. Just believe me on this one.

This would bring it down to around $740. If you don't believe in the Tensor cores and RT cores of the 2060S being able to perform well with ray-tracing turned on, just scrap it and get a good old GTX 1080 for around $300, which would bring you down to $600 ($500 or less in a best case scenario with the pre-assembled rest of the machine), which would give you a bit of money to invest into the aforementioned SSD.

Please excuse my fellow PC gamers for not knowing their hardware enough to refrain from buying unnecessarily expensive parts (apart from the GPU the basics will get you just as far as "premium products").

I built solid gaming machines for some of my friends before and I was always able to avoid high prices. It just takes some dedication.

And to those other PC gamers. Please look up "the Potato Masher". This one was a good example of a cheap PC build back when the PS4 was new. It's relevant to this day.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're taking out a loan to buy a PC I'm going to assume you're either an idiot or someone with money looking to build credit.
No it sounds like yr the idiot and again another pc owner with no respect calling people idiots - most people hav not a grand to splash out just like tht and if someone can afford monthly payments and say pay it off in 2 years what's wrong with tht when the pc will last for a good 5 years plus without upgrading it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah because a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV is totally not close to a ground...
Laughable comment lol I can get a pro and 4ktv for 600 quid and you can't add 4k tv in the cost as anyone with a TV would hav bought one anyway not just for gaming use

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
On the one hand, yes, gaming PCs typically have a higher up-front cost*, but that's in return for a number of free/cheap bonuses in the long run. On the other hand, I'd be surprised if PS5/XBSX come in under $600, which isn't exactly chump change when you add in tax, and consoles tend to be pricier in the long-term. All that said, next-gen consoles are basically mid-range gaming PC hardware, or at least they will be after Nvidia releases their "RTX 3000" series or what have you. That doesn't mean they'll be a bad value for the money, because Sony/MS will still be taking a loss for the hardware initially.

*I usually just buy my parts one at a time over the course of six months to a year. Less immediate impact on the wallet that way.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: pop13_13

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I remember how good looking this game was even on the og ps4. Imagine ray tracing and graphics mods coupled it with over 60fps gameplay, I would buy the game again on pc in a heartbeat even if I've already platinumed it on ps4.

Also sony fanboys should calm down, this game was like a two year exclusive to the ps4 and it's not like it even matters anymore if it comes to pc. They already have ff7 remake, ghost, and tlou 2 to look forward to.

Last edited by Paulsar99,

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know the British Pound is kinda shit right now but c'mon mate. That's not a lot of money to spend on a hobby.
Cmon mate????? Are you crazy lol thers gonna be millions of teens and 20 30 year olds who will never hav a grand saved up in ther lifetime thts why they go for consoles

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC Cuckrace is at it i see with their snarky comments.
They really need to justify their piece of metal in order to make them feel good about themselves for buying a deadweight platform that only gets ports, and many bad at that.

Wow, who pissed in your cereal this morning? Why don't you go bitch and moan about console games losing exclusivity on 4chan?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the gen consoles and my gaming laptop. If you look at power and performance then the gaming PC are far more superior but again you're going to pay alot of money for it. Only benefit honestly is you get all your games for free. No reason of spending $2000 on a laptop that is only good for a few years when you have to upgrade your components. A console is better because you dont have to pay that much and you can still play and it's a bonus if its modded.

I hardly touch my gaming laptop to be honest it's more powerful than my Xbox1, PS4, and Switch but the presentation isnt that well. But I do have to say on the piracy side of the fence whatever got released I have on PC lol Horizon zero Dawn I own it on my Ps4 I heard it was a good game so PC gamers would enjoy it.

Many people turn away from PC because of the price and consoles attract more people than PC. More ppl play console than PC. But if you are looking to just pirate PC is your best choice

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not really interested, but seeing people getting angry that a game can be enjoyed by more people is always great, so good news in my book.

Reactions: Treeko

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.