Hacking Problems whilst playing Mario Galaxy (Not SMG2)

Cosmic_Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya! ^o^

As we all know, SMG2 is coming out in the UK this Friday and I, like many other people who have resisted temptation of downloading it, am really looking forward to it coming out! ^o^ So I decided to play the first one through again. I'm having a problem with it though. When i progress so far into the game it starts crashing. I have now got to the point where I can no longer progress because everytime I go into a galaxy select room, such as the terrace, or the kitchen, it freezes and I have to power down the Wii. >.< First I thought it might be because I'm laying it off my external HDD, but the same thing happens when i play it off my retail disk booted from both CFG USB loader and from the disk channel. >.<

I have a feeling it might be a problem with something that I changed along the way when I soft modded my Wii, because (obviously) I never had this problem before it was modded. :-( I soft modded my wii myself sometime ago and it's on firmware 4.2E. The most I remember about the softmod was that I installed bootmii as boot2, which is irrelevant in this case and I have waninko's cIOS rev19 installed, but I couldn't tell you what version. :-( Also, I'm using CFG USB Loader and I boot almost all my games on there using IOS 249.

I hope somebody can help me and shed a lil light on my problem, because I fear that I could possibly have the same problem down the line with other games too, which would kinda suck... >.<

Also, I did have a quick search, but with SMG2 already out in the states, it's a little bit tedious sorting the relevant posts from the irrelevant ones. lol

Oh, and another thing, if there is any more info you might need, to help me out, just say! ^o^

Thanks for any help! ^o^

Cosmic_Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I said, I still have the same problem booting it from a retail disk... :-( got sick of using burnt disks on the wii because they were always hit and miss. lol So any other ideas? 0.o

Cosmic_Link

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've taken into consideration that it could have been the copy I had, so I borrowed my girlfriends copy off her and it still crashes in the same place with the same irritating buzzing sound! >.< 2 different retail disks, bought at different times with the same outcome! >.< it's driving me nuts because I can't figure out why it's doing it. I tried installing Hermes as advised but with no luck. I'm out of ideas. So far it seems to be the only game I'm having the problem with but it's the only game I've properly played since softmodding my console, besides monster hunter. I just hope it doesn't happen when I'm trying to play anything else... :-(

If anybody has any ideas and/or a possible solution to the problem, I'd be very grateful! ^^

Thanks muchly! ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1