Promotional poster and plot details showcased for the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie

L3TSqS0.png

Whether you want it to exist or not, The Fast and the Furious producer's Sonic the Hedgehog film is currently in production. A few new details were divulged through an exclusive story from IGN, including a promotional poster, which can be seen above, though it intentionally obscures Sonic's face. Sonic, voiced by Ben Schwartz (most known for his roles in DuckTales and Parks and Recreation) will have an attitude resembling a "juvenile delinquent", as he winds up on Earth, and has to deal with the way his new home works, while partnering up with a police officer (James Marsden) in order to take on Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik. The movie's production team has explained that, as seen in the poster, they wish to give Sonic a more "realistic" look, giving him fur and less cartoon-y shoes.

During an interview, Tim Miller (Deadpool director) stated that he believes SEGA isn't pleased with the way Sonic's eyes will look, as there was difficulty in adapting the character's face for the setting of the movie. The entire film team is said to be working directly with SEGA in order to make sure the project represents the best of what Sonic the Hedgehog has to offer, and to create something that all fans can enjoy. Sonic The Hedgehog will premiere in theaters late next year, on November 8, 2019.

:arrow: Source

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I've seen a certain person freak out over Sonic's Boom appearance having blue arms, to the point he tried to lay stickers asking for a refund of the games on not-sold 3DS boxes before getting stopped and sued. And while said person fell off the deep mental end, I expect him (or should I say her now ?) to break out even further with this.

His chaos won't know any control.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Is it going to have race car driving Tokyo Drift style since Sega All Star Racing exists. I can imagine a guy in a sonic suit racing and avoiding cops with explosions and Vin Diesel.

D

Deleted User

I've seen a certain person freak out over Sonic's Boom appearance having blue arms, to the point he tried to lay stickers asking for a refund of the games on not-sold 3DS boxes before getting stopped and sued. And while said person fell off the deep mental end, I expect him (or should I say her now ?) to break out even further with this.

His chaos won't know any control.
You mean Christian Weston Chandler, the dude who made Sonichu?

Izual Urashima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
You mean Christian Weston Chandler, the dude who made Sonichu?

Now he made an operation to change sex, calls himself Christine, refuses to search for a work (because "In CWCville, no one needs to work !") and prefers to beg for monies (in exchange of a certain kind of favors, of course). Oh, and his delusions now include other licences, mostly the Neptunia series.

This serves as a warning. Don't try to search further or your mind might suffer.

D

Deleted User

Now he made an operation to change sex, calls himself Christine, refuses to search for a work (because "In CWCville, no one needs to work !") and prefers to beg for monies (in exchange of a certain kind of favors, of course). Oh, and his delusions now include other licences, mostly the Neptunia series.

This serves as a warning. Don't try to search further or your mind might suffer.
What in the name of.... fuck it, I'm not doing anything tonight, youtube here I come!

Reactions: Slackot
D

Deleted User

Bad idea. The world of CWCVille is enough to make anyone go mad.
I remember CWC pepper spraying someone in a gamestop over Boom actually. I think mad has long since sailed away while flipping off any non-animated people.

CWC is gonna have a fucking anuerism when they see this.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fur or even being realistic isn't the problem. I'm fine with the way Detective Pikachu did. The problem is that they completely threw out the shape of Sonic and probably the other Sonic characters. Not only doesn't not look good, but the Sonic characters are known from standing out from the humans around them. As people put it, it just looks like a person with a Sonic hat on.

I wasn't expecting the worse, but base on this, looks like it is going be a train wreck.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As long as it doesn’t look like the Detective Pikachu movie.
It's going to look way worse because this is lower budget and a shittier studio. Detective Pikachu will probably score 7s and 8s while this gets 2s and 3s. So basically par for the course when it comes to anything Sonic.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Better short Sonic movie.
Yes, why can we not just have a full sonic movie done by that same Animation (CGI) team. No live action garbage, just a Sonic CGI movie that looks amazing. Please for the love of fuck. Stop trying to make Games Live action and expect them to be good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy