PS Vita Hacks and Game Decryption

Major_Tom recently released instructions for decrypting and dumping games right from the PS Vita using the new HENkaku web exploit for 3.60 by team Molecule.

He also details how to run game mods by modifying the files in the redirected space, much like smea's homebrew 3DS app that enables users to change the game content-- meaning fan translations and skin hacks!

Does this mean piracy for Vita is just around the corner? Probably. But in the mean time, we can run homebrew now in Vita hardware space instead of just in PSP Emulated space, giving us access to better hardware for the emulators and homebrew!

:arrow:Source

aaronz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can not find a vita on walmarts website or bestbuys website. my walmart or gamestop dont even have them local

There are about 8 to 10 pre-owned vitas at each Gamestop I visit in my city. I wonder if that number will do down now.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
You know this is false right? Vita has only stopped production in a few small markets like The Netherlands. Japan and US production is still active, you can find a VITA anywhere. I honestly don't see them stooping production anytime soon either.

None of the local retailers in my area carry the PS Vita.

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here, I've not seen a Vita physically for sale in a BB or walmart in Sask, Canada for probably close to a year

Same, you can't get a Vita in South Dakota except for Pawn Shops. Our Wal-Mart still has a ton of PSTVs they're trying to liquidate, still $19.99.

D

Deleted User

So is it possible to mod games files to change certain aspect of a game? Like mod files in atelier games to mod the time mechanism?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible to mod games files to change certain aspect of a game? Like mod files in atelier games to mod the time mechanism?

As long as they are decrypted and the db is patched then whatever is in the patch directory will override the file(s) in the game directory.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get online with my vita. It's asking for a system update. I am already on 3.60. This sadly means an update is out and I can't do the hacks. Looks like I am staying on 3.60 until a work around is discovered

vbkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mind pointing me to what you call shovelware? Too many people throw this term simply on their own idiotic notions of a video game they dislike or aren't interested in.

Remember, shovelware is software which has little to no effort. Something I would find to be shovelware would be the "101- games-in-one" crap.

Exactly that, games with little to no effort, plain and simple.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, between needing a new PSP and homebrew (especially emulators) for the Vita looking like it'll be a thing, it makes me consider finally getting one. It's gonna be either that or a GPD XD.

Don't buy the GPD because all of my money is on the Nintendo NX being a handheld similar to this

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't buy the GPD because all of my money is on the Nintendo NX being a handheld similar to this
Well, I'm looking at what the GPD XD can offer now. We can assume the NX won't have support for special chipset SNES games (without homebrew), for starters. We can also safely assume it won't have DOS emulation support (again, without homebrew), nor a huge range of N64 titles. Those plus a few other minor details makes a GPD XD very enticing.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    I have a giant check list of impossible things, and I haven't done them all yet lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Was the pot farmer in San andreas
    I tell people I wrestled a 5 foot alligator and they get this smile like this guy is full of shit lol the reality is I am sad it got away.... I wanted a pet alligator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol