Hacking PS3 New Hack, Change any console to Dev Console

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like a Progskeet, or some other NAND reader/writer. Not sure if the E3 Flasher would work, I think it requires you to be on a certain CFW and whatnot. Definitely liking this breakthrough. Planning on downgrading my NAND Phat PS3 if I can get it running, and then wait for the instructions on how to do it on a NAND console.
Tools for NAND consoles have been released too.

Oh have they? What are they called? Any of them solderless?
lol you don't need any hardware for this hack if you're on 3.55. It's all done through linux.

Oh, no. To downgrade a console on a higher firmware than 3.55, to 3.55 in order to perform this hack of converting it to a Dev unit.
Oh sorry, I thought you were talking about this hack. Yeah, to downgrade you'll need a flasher like Progskeet or E3 flasher. There were guides for how to do this shit all over the place. Should be available for phat consoles too.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also remember that you'll lose BluRay video disc playback if you do this.

umm ... no thank you. I'll just wait for something better to come along (if it ever does). I don't like loosing so much functionality to play homebrew.

wouldn't flipping back to normal firmware fix that though?

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

umm ... no thank you. I'll just wait for something better to come along (if it ever does). I don't like loosing so much functionality to play homebrew.

It's already fixed for DEX 3.55 firmware. So if you want BluRay playback just downgrade to 3.55 and you'll have BD playback again. In DEX mode, you can store multiple update files on PS3's HDD. You just select which version you want and it upgrades or downgrades without any problem.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In DEX mode, you can store multiple update files on PS3's HDD. You just select which version you want and it upgrades or downgrades without any problem.

u can do this with normal cfw as well through QA flagging.
Never QA flagged so I wouldn't know. Besides, DEX mode lets you downgrade from 3.56+. There's no QA flagging on 3.56+. Not even a CFW for 3.56+.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It's already fixed for DEX 3.55 firmware. So if you want BluRay playback just downgrade to 3.55 and you'll have BD playback again. In DEX mode, you can store multiple update files on PS3's HDD. You just select which version you want and it upgrades or downgrades without any problem.
someone should really make an indepth guide and FAQ for this. xD

Reactions: 1 person

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thus far, it doesn't seem worth coverting a console to a dex. 3.60+ backups do not work unless u decrypt the self. u can play 3.60 legit games by updating, but y change to a dex for that?

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thus far, it doesn't seem worth coverting a console to a dex. 3.60+ backups do not work unless u decrypt the self. u can play 3.60 legit games by updating, but y change to a dex for that?
Backups work, damnit. Yes, even 3.60+ backups. How many times do I have to say it?
And you know what the best part is? Newer backups are run using Sony's own backup loader that they put in DEX firmwares. So no homebrew backup loaders(like multiman) are needed.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have not tried using a dex, but everyone has said 3.60 backups don't work. it can only play retail discs.

I am on DEX 4.11 and I am running FIFA 12 backuped from my retail disk, not the PSN one which was cracked for 3.55. FIFA 12 needs 3.56+. So there's your confirmation. Happy now?

If you ever find the courage to convert your CEX to DEX, contact me and I'll personally walk you through the backup running process. Guides will be available soon anyway.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great and all, but it just feels like now those of us that do have NAND consoles (a.k.a. ps3 models with some form of BC) are getting skipped over. And frankly it's really depressing.

If someone could get this to work reasonably well on like a CECHA/B, it would give me a reason to dust off my rescued 20gig model to give it a try on.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it a giant no-no to post the keys here?
Despite what Sony might think, it's not illegal to know a number, which is what these keys essentially are.

Besides, to most end users, these keys don't really help at all. You'd have to be a dev with the savvy to know what to do with these keys to make anything significant happen with them.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
is there a way with no need to modify irreversibly the console like the MC boot for Ps2? :/ My gf still want to play online dammit
What do you recommend me guys? thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Taco Saturday