Hacking PS3 New Hack, Change any console to Dev Console

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the facts about this hack.

1.requires a console that can run linux. you must either be on CFW or use a hardware flasher to downgrade to CFW 3.55. this will not work on the 3000 and up models (the ones with factory firmware higher than 3.55.)

2.this hack does break PSN. you may be able to revert back to normal and recover PSN access if CFW PSN should return.

3. you can patch lvl 1 etc on any debug firmware 3.55 and under but 3.55 is the only version I've seen people work with. (backup managers can be made to work.)

4. PKG based backups will work. they will also apperantly work for the latest titles as well according to reports from the PS3HAX network.

5. you can install the latest leaked debug firmware. (4.11) and then revert to 3.55 DEX firmware freely using the 3.55 downgrader.pup from the wiki page.

6. this hack is extremely hard to pull off manually I advise you look for a tool called CEX2DEX.

7. NAND consoles have been known to cause trouble..... NAND users need to be careful.

8. you are able to revert to CEX by flashing your original CEX flash back to the unit and install a CEX firmware. before you do this mak absolutely certain you are running the original 3.55 DEX firmware and not any other version this includes the downgrade pup. flash the original DEX 3.55 then revert or you will be stuck on a higher firmware version and require a flasher to return to 3.55

9. There is always a chance of bricking when playing with the consoles flash but in this case the chance is a little greater with this hack. if you should mess this up it will brick possibly beyond repair! though most of the time as long as the original flash dump you made is good you should be able to recover with an E3 flasher or the likes.

10. the DEVs who found this were very upset with the leak of the information and frankly I agree. Not every 1337 tech nerd with a PC and half a brain needs a DEV unit! but that being said this hack is indeed a becon of light. Though you should expect it to be patched to prevent us from using any debug firmware over 4.21.... So to the leaker suck it this info should not have been public til the research was done and the developers were able to make this hack useful to the whole scene. one such use would have been decrypting games for CFW users! Not to mention the many development possabilities. unfortunately someone had to open there mouth and now we will never see what this hack could have done to help the comunity!

Oh and one last bit for those of you who are thinking about doing this hack for piracy. GTFO the scene and stay out!

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
10. the DEVs who found this were very upset with the leak of the information and frankly I agree. Not every 1337 tech nerd with a PC and half a brain needs a DEV unit! but that being said this hack is indeed a becon of light. Though you should expect it to be patched to prevent us from using any debug firmware over 4.21.... So to the leaker suck it this info should not have been public til the research was done and the developers were able to make this hack useful to the whole scene. one such use would have been decrypting games for CFW users! Not to mention the many development possabilities. unfortunately someone had to open there mouth and now we will never see what this hack could have done to help the comunity!
I strongly disagree with this point. Devs have known this method for almost a year now. The chance of a dev releasing it to the public, if it wasn't leaked, was very slim because many devs work behind the scene with DRM dongles to make money and this hack can make DRM dongles useless. You shouldv'e seen the chat logs between some devs and how lowly they think of normal sceners. Yes Sony may prevent it in the future updates. But why do devs need future DEX firmwares? They still have access up to 4.21 to research all they want. Even after this was leaked some devs were spreading misinformation (even editing the wiki with wrong information intentionally) to keep public away from this hack. I am glad it was leaked.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually a group of devs that knew this method for over a year now have not shared a single piece of info at all! Math and his Goons should all be beat in the street because they are the ones that are holding back development. As for your DRM claims The DRM dongles are both owned by a single person and the sad part is this greedy pig could easily have added true blues functions to his cobra dongle but the greedy D*** decided to make a second dongle! as for the other devs do you truely think that any of them would bother releasing a damn thing for free if they were working with the DRM dongle groups? I mean really? if they were working for them then there apps would require the dongles to run because then they would have another thing to sell. As for the Devs that this leak came from they have only known this method a few months because they decided to say to heck with math and his goons who were selling converts on the web and refusing to share the method and figure it out for them selves. And again Math and his like were the the only ones I've seen any lies from in regards to this Hes also been known to screw with the wiki in the past does it really seem surprising his gravy train derails and he starts trying to mislead people agian. If you want to know any more about it go ask anyone thats been in the scene and working on things. I will not tell you who I am but I will tell you this info is the truth.

I agree that math deserves to be raped by the evil christmas critters from south park but most of the PS3 devs are honest people who are just there to help better this scene and enjoy the learning experiance too.

Reactions: 1 person

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh trust me, I know very well about this scene.Tell me why devs are mad this got leaked? Only people who got screwed by this leak are the DRM people. This leak changes nothing. Devs can still continue their research.

crysalim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh trust me, I know very well about this scene.Tell me why devs are mad this got leaked? Only people who got screwed by this leak are the DRM people. This leak changes nothing. Devs can still continue their research.

Same thing people get upset over whenever major news comes out: taking credit, and having early access.

Hells Guardian is totally trolling this thread, scene monsters that prevent the spread of information because they think everyone else is a "moron" have no place anywhere.

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget about KaKaRoToKS who claims to have the scoop on it all.
He aint release sh!+ and never will. You gotta love'em though.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I don't know about you but have used many releases by him. and not at all true. the devs can not continue research into newer firmwares because I guarentee you this method will be patched. With the EID algo out in the open you can rest assured sony will not sit back and watch. it will be patched to prevent use of newer DEX firmwares which does affect the entire scene and FYI I could have told you ages ago that the dongle makers were probably running converts to decrypt eboots to pass on to the public with a new DRM. and the dongle maker can go shove it up his arse. My point is that this method one was leaked by someone it did not belong to. second was produced by a a group of people that have every right to restrict the method. In case you missed it there isn't a single person in the PS3 scene thats ever released anything truely useful that wasn't let in on this secret. As for your attitude of free information GTFO information is the property of the one whom discovers it and therefore is theres to do with as they please. wouldn't you get pissed off if you spent hours of every day working on something and suddenly someone you thought you could trust with your work runs wit5h it and shares with everyone? I don't know where you get your information but I assure you the real devs of the scene including KaKaRoToS are not behind the dongles and even if they were whats it to you? someone wants money for there hard work though the guy that made true blue/cobra should have combined the devices there was no need for two! and btw If I were to produce a hack for the PS3 given the ammount of B****ing and whining that goes on from all the pirates out there I'd charge too and tell people like you to eat me. Devs are not obligated to share anything with anyone! the fact that any do share is nothing short of a blessing on this scene and the success of true blue and cobra dongles are because people were willing to pay for it. you wanna blame anyone for the DRM dongles blame the people that bought them! So yeah Just quit you complaining because frankly this method coulc have never seen the light of day and that would be perfectly fine because Its not our information and before some idiot runs in saying none of its ours it's sony's stop right there! Sony owns the code that we are exploiting. the exploits and the knoledge around them are the property of those that discovered them. So when a dev tells you to quit asking about it or figure it out for yourself they have the right to do so! not a one of them owes any of us anything. either way thats enough from me because I refuse to sit here and try to talk sence into paranoid children who feel everyone in the world owes them something.

I've been able to use on on that distro should have no issues if it's done right.

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you saying is, that if I create a program/software and just because you hack it, means you should get paid. Dude you are just as dumb as anyone else who thinks that. Spin the fuk off

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys stop getting on twitter and facebook advertising hacks, talking too much etc..... then sony won't be able to do anything.
This is why hackers don't respect people like you. You do it for the publicity and money, I do it for the love. You want to get paid then go work for sony. Ah, my bad - they don't accept hasbeens like you.

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of course Sony will patch it if possible. But the point I was making was devs don't need newer firmwares. No, homebrews don't need DEX firmwares. They can continue their research with 4.21.If they can't find any exploits in 4.21, then they sure as hell won't find them in newer firmwares.

FYI I could have told you ages ago that the dongle makers were probably running converts to decrypt eboots to pass on to the public with a new DRM.
Everybody in the scene is suspecting that to be the case, not just you.

it will be patched to prevent use of newer DEX firmwares which does affect the entire scene only affects the devs because they can't enjoy newer warez anymore

fixed. For finding exploits, they don't need newer firmwares.

My point is that this method one was leaked by someone it did not belong to. second was produced by a a group of people that have every right to restrict the method.
wouldn't you get pissed off if you spent hours of every day working on something and suddenly someone you thought you could trust with your work runs wit5h it and shares with everyone?

Yes I understand their right to hold this back and I would be pissed. But if it was for something good (in this case, ridding this scene of DRM disease), I wouldn't complain.

As for your attitude of free information GTFO information is the property of the one whom discovers it and therefore is theres to do with as they please...........
Devs are not obligated to share anything with anyone! the fact that any do share is nothing short of a blessing on this scene

Charming! In your previous post you were dissing math and now you express the exact same holier-than-thou sentiment that math does. What happened to the old scenes where devs worked together to make information free? Yes, making information free was their main target. Companies trying to hide info and restrict us from using our devices any way we want and devs working to make that info public and thus allowing us to use free our devices. That is how it used to be. Did you forget about graf? His works follow 'information should be free', and no he didn't charge anyone. I'm not saying devs are obligated to share their stuff. But in this dying scene where DRM are robbing people, they really should have helped if they call themselves hackers.

the success of true blue and cobra dongles are because people were willing to pay for it. you wanna blame anyone for the DRM dongles blame the people that bought them!

The success of true blue and cobra dongles are because devs sold themselves to the DRM makers instead of sharing the method with the scene. I can understand that they want to earn money. But that doesn't change the fact that these DRM dongles wouldn't succeed if there was a free solution.

and btw If I were to produce a hack for the PS3 given the ammount of B****ing and whining that goes on from all the pirates out there I'd charge too and tell people like you to eat me.

There are morons in every scene. Tell me why PS3 scene's morons are special? I didn't see devs in the old scenes charging money in spite of pirates bitching then. They used to ask for donation. And I hope you never become a dev with that sentiment of yours.

P-CHYLD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are morons in every scene. Tell me why PS3 scene's morons are special? I didn't see devs in the old scenes charging money in spite of pirates bitching then. They used to ask for donation. And I hope you never become a dev with that sentiment of yours.
Thank you soooo much. I don't get these guys nowadays. WTH is wrong with them.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I run these commands:
sudo umount /dev/sda1
sudo mkdir usb
sudo mount /dev/sda1 usb
cd usb/metldrpwn
sudo make
sudo sh run.sh

then i get 'make' not found error

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I run these commands:
sudo umount /dev/sda1
sudo mkdir usb
sudo mount /dev/sda1 usb
cd usb/metldrpwn
sudo make
sudo sh run.sh

then i get 'make' not found error
Try running this first (requires internet connection)
Code:
apt-get install make
I'm a linux noob myself. If you want help, you should head over to PS3Hax.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry that I even bother to post this here:

Do I need a flasher to downgrade my PS3? Or is there a way to use this instead of buying a $100,- device?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry that I even bother to post this here:

Do I need a flasher to downgrade my PS3? Or is there a way to use this instead of buying a $100,- device?
Yes flasher is needed to downgrade to 3.55. You need to be on 3.55 to use this.

Thanks for the answer, what kind of flasher do I need? And where can I buy it pretty cheap? :)

How's the E3 Flasher? Is it easy to use? Do I need to open up my console?(I assume I need to, and solder? it in.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: