Hacking PS3 New Hack, Change any console to Dev Console

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry that I even bother to post this here:

Do I need a flasher to downgrade my PS3? Or is there a way to use this instead of buying a $100,- device?
Yes flasher is needed to downgrade to 3.55. You need to be on 3.55 to use this.

Thanks for the answer, what kind of flasher do I need? And where can I buy it pretty cheap? :)
You need to get either ProgSkeet or the E3 flasher. E3 is solderless I think. I never got a flasher so I can't recommend a place to get them, sorry.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for the answer, what kind of flasher do I need? And where can I buy it pretty cheap? :)

How's the E3 Flasher? Is it easy to use? Do I need to open up my console?(I assume I need to, and solder? it in.)

I can answer that for you yep. E3 is solderless for NOR, NAND is not (however you must buy a separate bundle to solder NAND points/NOR). You need the very e3 flasher, an esata adapter/esata dock station to plug your sata hdd (ps3's). So you need to buy at least 4 or 5 parts to make it work. You need also a 3.55 OFW compatible PS3 (most 3000 aren't) I own a 2000.

Yep you end up spending a lot of money, but it's worth it. If you brick it, as long as you have your console keys, you can bring it back from the death as long as NOR is in mint condition. (writing cycles don't last forever, I mean 5000 or so writing times)

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do your homeworks. CFW can have PSN.

People like you are the worst.

It's like you have knowledge, but not willing to share or making a guide for it. Then, what use is your knowledge for?
That an unneded overstatement. You don't know anything about me.
When the method of getting online was known I was the one that posted it on Gbatemp
Next time don't be shy to ask for help I will not help you if you don't.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No more argument around here. We are all friends here, come on!

Anyway, we need to wait for further development about it. It is not highly recommend for n00b. Just wait patiently. :)

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've read a few pages and am unfamiliar with the advantages this might bring.
Can someone simplify and state the possible advantages of this? Thanks lol.

Well with this you can turn your console into a Dev console, you cannot go online with a Dev machine though. The advantages are being able to upgrade from 3.55 all the way to the latest leaked dev firmware and that one as far as I know is 4.11. On that dev firmware you can run I think any game that is currently out right now from the hard drive.

Dev consoles can run unsigned code so it also helps with that, its almost 1AM and my brain is pretty tired. There are a ton of advantages for piracy not much in the way of homebrew (I still think it will have some advantages for homebrew but very few.) I am sure I am missing some stuff as I really haven't bothered even playing with my PS3 after I played around with the 3.55 CFW for a week or two I got bored with it.

I might mess with it in a couple of weeks when I get more time, just to see what I can do with it :)

Oh also on a Dev machine you can downgrade all the way back to what ever firmware your machine launched with (in my case it would be what ever a 20GB BC phat launched with in the US.)

Reactions: 1 person

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really a pro on the playstation scene so I apologize for misunderstanding but if this hack doesn't even work on slim models or above 3.55 and has a fair level of risk why is it big news? Isn't it sort of redundant?

Do CFWs struggle with recent games?
Also, still nothing for the slims huh?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really a pro on the playstation scene so I apologize for misunderstanding but if this hack doesn't even work on slim models or above 3.55 and has a fair level of risk why is it big news? Isn't it sort of redundant?

Slims can use this now but I think you need a flasher unless your on 3.55. If you do have a flasher then you can run this but with some different instructions or something.

Also if you have your keys and a flasher, there is no risk of bricking since you can just reflash your original firmware if you screw up.

Reactions: 1 person

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've read a few pages and am unfamiliar with the advantages this might bring.
Can someone simplify and state the possible advantages of this? Thanks lol.

Well with this you can turn your console into a Dev console, you cannot go online with a Dev machine though. The advantages are being able to upgrade from 3.55 all the way to the latest leaked dev firmware and that one as far as I know is 4.11. On that dev firmware you can run I think any game that is currently out right now from the hard drive.

Dev consoles can run unsigned code so it also helps with that, its almost 1AM and my brain is pretty tired. There are a ton of advantages for piracy not much in the way of homebrew (I still think it will have some advantages for homebrew but very few.) I am sure I am missing some stuff as I really haven't bothered even playing with my PS3 after I played around with the 3.55 CFW for a week or two I got bored with it.

I might mess with it in a couple of weeks when I get more time, just to see what I can do with it :)

Oh also on a Dev machine you can downgrade all the way back to what ever firmware your machine launched with (in my case it would be what ever a 20GB BC phat launched with in the US.)

Thanks I really appreciate it, we'll see what else happens...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would think this find of being able to decrypt and install a dev firmware on a standard ps3 would be significant enough to enable an inroad into creating a 4.* CFW that we all could run then. Holding out hope here.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would think this find of being able to decrypt and install a dev firmware on a standard ps3 would be significant enough to enable an inroad into creating a 4.* CFW that we all could run then. Holding out hope here.

I don't see why not, but I know so little that me not seeing it would make perfect sense... lol On a more serious note, yeah I honestly do not see why if I can turn my 3.55 machine into a Dex unit and extract my keys, why can't those two things = CFW? I mean in a way a Dex unit is CFW but it also is not. Confusing seems to be the theme of Sony hardware these days.

I wouldn't be surprised that in a month or two you see some sort of Dex/Cex hybrid firmware that is essentially a 4.11 CFW.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country

Slims can use this now but I think you need a flasher unless your on 3.55. If you do have a flasher then you can run this but with some different instructions or something.

Also if you have your keys and a flasher, there is no risk of bricking since you can just reflash your original firmware if you screw up.

Alright, Thanks for clearing that up for me.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
Been messing with this for almost a day now. And here's my findings:

- I got no issue converting a NOR (Slim/Fat) PS3 console into Debug.
- Fat Console with NAND Chip that has 256MB of size, cant manage to convert it, either I got black screen or YLOD, flashing back a good NAND backup saves me, (thanks Progskeet!) maybe it has something to do with the dump cause it has all everything on it (eid, flash0, flash1 and flash3)

- 3.55 DEX firmware can play all games that is NPDRM signed, regardless what firmware it is in. Tried playing FFXIII-2 (clean) on a 3.55 DEX with Peek/Poke and Installed the latest update, and seriously it works. Also some of the games that are known to be in trial version is already in full version without necessary patching on the game. (Lucky!). Tried running a BD Game (legit) that is in 3.70FW, no patches installed and obviously it wont run.

- 4.11 DEX firmware has also the same thing but this time, no peek/poke. So it's really invonvinient to load a numerous backup of ours since we can only put up to 4 games on it, and its not easy to switch between 4 of them, we need to access it to ps3gen to switch partitions. Meh! Tried running a BD Game (legit) that is in 3.70FW, no patches installed but this time, the game runs!

But for sake, someone create a PSP like Eboot decrypter on PS3 ASAP! So we can just use this debug kits to decrypt 3.6x Eboots.

- Game works for me so far

* Atelier Meruru (patches installed) on 3.55 DEX P&P (Jap release) -Backup
* FFXIII-2 (patches installed) on 3.55 DEX P&P (Jap release) -Backup
* K-On! Houkago Live HD (Installed using a legitimate disc) only works on 4.11 DEX, I wonder why?
* Tales of Xillia (legitimate disc) only works on 4.11 DEX, obviously because the game had no updates
* Hyperdimension Neptune mk2 (patches installed) on 3.55 DEX P&P (Jap release) -Backup
* Ninokuni (patches installed) on 3.55 DEX P&P (Jap release) -Backup
* Lollipop Chainsaw PE (legitimate disc) only works on 4.11 DEX

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently DemonHades released a linux-less tool. Haven't tested it myself. But good to see easier solutions ariving.
Useless tool. But naehrwert's tool seems promising.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this hack work with later psn titles? I read that it works, but I couldn't find any confirmation. do u need to do the backup trick like u would with two ps3s to get those psn titles to work (in this case backing up on 3.55 dex then restoring on 4.11 dex) or will they work without doing anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la