TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
ThePowerOutage said:
Most game are now coming out on the PS3. It seems that the Market is catching up.
I owned a 360 for about a year. I rarely played on it, around 30-40 tines if that. The majority of games for the Xbox include tonnes of violence and gore.
The PS3 provides a great gaming experience without the gore or cheesyness of the Xbox and Wii.
I've only had the PS3 two months and I've been on it almost every day.
Plus GT5 is amazing.

Unless you're 8-12 years old, I don't see why that's a problem..

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
360: Better controller (OPINIONS. It's goddamn unplayable to play fighting games and some specific genres with it), FPS home (PC does FPS FAR better with FAR more games. Not just Halo, call of duty 1241234, rehash fps number 3234234)

PS3: Free online, action/adventure home (I wouldn't call it a "home". It does have a few decent games in the mentioned genres though)

Ding, done.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Except he's asking between PS3 and Xbox 360, not PC.

Also, Fighting games are only "GOOD" with a fighting pad/fighting stick, which can be bought for either system.

And when I said home for Action/Adventure, I meant thats where you'll find majority of that genre, while Xbox mainly has shooters [which is better with the Xbox controller], and majority of JRPG's is on the Xbox as well.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i feel like doing the same thing switching over from 360 to ps3 since i already have a ps2 and a psp. now the problem lies with my 360 which is still under warranty, i just dont know what to do with it

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
As with all modern technology, they're both alarmingly fragile. Both systems have given me trouble over the years. If you want something with a great library of triple A* titles, at a reasonable price and which won't break as soon as you sneeze within fifty yards of it, get yourself a Super Nintendo.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When making a decision like this, try to factor in what type of games you like to play. These systems have their exclusives. Although your choice shouldn't be decided solely on this you should throw it in there somewhere.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
PS3 FOR WHEN KINGDOM HEARTS 3 COMES OUT!
nayps3.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
BlazerX said:
Many people are also disappointment with its lack of the rumble feature on the PS3 controller, which can take the excitement off the gaming experience.
Only launch PlayStation 3 consoles come with the original SIXAXIS controller, that lacks rumble. All bundles as of 2008/2009-ish came with the DualShock 3 Controller, which has the rumble feature restored. I believe all SIXAXIS controllers are now replaced by DualShock 3 ones on the market.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Ps3 would be the better choice if you have freinds, but i will suggest you not to buy either of them yet.
They are just too troublesome. I care about the games more than the stupid console itself and i know they are expensive.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
jarejare3 said:
Ps3 would be the better choice if you have freinds, but i will suggest you not to buy either of them yet.
They are just too troublesome. I care about the games more than the stupid console itself and i know they are expensive.
I would've agreed with this statement if this was 2008. However, we're almost in 2011.

Now is the prime time to purchase an Xbox 360 or a PS3 if you haven't done so already. Both consoles have come a long way since their launches (2005 and 2006 respectively), and have racked up a large number of titles to enjoy, both exclusive and non-exclusive. The prices of both consoles aren't going to drop far from their current stances now, because they are approaching the mid-end of their respective life cycles (it's been 5 years for the Xbox, 4 years for the PS3). It'll likely be another couple of years before we see the Xbox 360 and PS3 prices drop significantly, because that'll be when their successors are either released or announced, though the PS3 may experience another price drop within the next year to keep on pace with sales. Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are far from 'troublesome'. Yes, their games do cost more (average $10 USD more), but at the same time, if you could afford the console itself, you'll likely be able to afford getting these games anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...