Hacking PS3 won't detect flash drive fat32 16GB

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always used my flash drive fat32 PNY 16GB for my PS3 for many years until today. It doesnt detect PS3 UPDATE ANYMORE! The screen said:

Scanning...
Please wait.

No Applicable update data was found.

According to my flash drive: PS3 FOLDER>UPDATE folder>PS3UPDAT.PUP

Still the same. It was working before. I must have screw up my flash drive somehow. :(

Help ?!

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your USB ports on your PS3 work, if it works try to reformat the Flash Drive.

I test my controller with usb into USB ports and it recharge just fine. It was already formatted to fat32 bu I did reformat the Flash Drive with Fat32 again through Windows 10 and MAC either way. PS3 still didnt detected it at all! I tried two different flash drive and same result. Never happened before. :(

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either you damaged the port where it wont read data, or the flash drive isn't properly format, try to format it with Minitool Partition Wizard, set it to FAT32, Cluster 32K, Primary Partition.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either you damaged the port where it wont read data, or the flash drive isn't properly format, try to format it with Minitool Partition Wizard, set it to FAT32, Cluster 32K, Primary Partition.

No, the port isn't damage because the PS3 controllers recharged just fine for both ports. I will try to format it with Minitool Partition Wizard. I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How ? I have it set up and I am looking at Minitool Partition Wizard.

How do I set it to FAT32, Cluster 32K and Primary Partition on my USB flash drive 16GB?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug in the flash drive, load up Minitool, then right click on the correct USB stick and select delete, right click again select create, and set up the FAT32, Cluster 32K, Primary Partition, leave the partition label alone and press ok. Last step is to press the apply button.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plug in the flash drive, load up Minitool, then right click on the correct USB stick and select delete, right click again select create, and set up the FAT32, Cluster 32K, Primary Partition, leave the partition label alone and press ok. Last step is to press the apply button.

Label.. I put PNY
Primary Drive Letter is E:
File System is FAT32 Cluster Size is 32KB
Click OK

That's it ?

I am showing E:PNY 14.54 GB 3.68MB 14.53GB FAT32 GPT

I click Apply on the top. Now I am showing at the last GPT (Data Partition). It is now correct ?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I said right click I mean right click on the USB stick partition

I got it. I put PS3UPDAT.PUP like this:

PS3 Folder is empty>UPDATE Folder>then put PS3UPDAT.PUP in it
Eject
And insert in the right port of usb on PS3..

Click System Update and click Update via storage Media and I got this message:
No Applicable update data was found.:unsure:

D

Deleted User

Go to your photos on the xmb and check if it reads your usb.Mabe somthing is wrong with your pup file unless the ps3 isnt really reading it ,which it should if its fat 32.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Happened to me, I then realized that there are two PS3UPDAT files.
A full system one to install on safe mode, and the other just for updating from XMB.

So it seems that the PS3 IS detecting your USB drive, but the file isn't being accepted.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your show MBR or GPT?

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,438

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me, I then realized that there are two PS3UPDAT files.
A full system one to install on safe mode, and the other just for updating from XMB.

So it seems that the PS3 IS detecting your USB drive, but the file isn't being accepted.

What is your suggest ?

Maybe my flash drive is bad ? Even thought it can be read just fine on PC/MAC and transferring is also working fine.

It is now Primary and still cannot be found.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not familiar with that program, but it should be an option while creating a new partition table (erasing all partitions)

In MS DiskPart:
Code:
lis dis
sel dis {number}
clean
convert mbr
cre par pri
for fs=fat32 quick
will make a new partition table, make it MBR, create a single partition of maximum size, and format it as FAT32 (according to the arbitrary 32 GB limit - of course you can skip the last command and use a 3rd party formatter instead)

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with that program, but it should be an option while creating a new partition table (erasing all partitions)

In MS DiskPart:
Code:
lis dis
sel dis {number}
clean
convert mbr
cre par pri
for fs=fat32 quick
will make a new partition table, make it MBR, create a single partition of maximum size, and format it as FAT32 (according to the arbitrary 32 GB limit - of course you can skip the last command and use a 3rd party formatter instead)

Use Command Prompt?

lis is not recognize as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM