[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zhuzhuchina said:
can you check the clone and real layout, a internal photo of real too, from what i see on ps3key homepage faq, the real and clone have same layout , only different plastic cap
currently trying to get it open
the clips are pushed down alot better then the clone pne and cant seem to pry them up

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
video added

adding another section to the clone section about different looking ps3key clones on volumerate and such

dodol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically no asia reseller right ?
mellow.gif

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
places like dx and volumerate should be avoided I guess, stick to the verified resellers though

also I got the chip out of the case after 1 hour or so

anyway, they pretty much look like twins

things to note:
the PS3Key (real one) board is a little longer
the tiny black chips going around the main memory controller have different numbers on them
the board on the clone seems to be a bit more poorly made, not so great soldering job
the clone also had excess electric tape on the back

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Joe88 said:
places like dx and volumerate should be avoided I guess, stick to the verified resellers though

also I got the chip out of the case after 1 hour or so

anyway, they pretty much look like twins

things to note:
the PS3Key (real one) board is a little longer
the tiny black chips going around the main memory controller have different numbers on them
the board on the clone seems to be a bit more poorly made, not so great soldering job
the clone also had excess electric tape on the back
I believe in a small percentage of the genuine ones there is an issue with the insulating tape on the back of the board - maybe that's why the clones have an excessive amount?
http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66663

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that earlier

the real one I have has the tape going over the two points

but the clone just has a crazy amounts on, multiple layers making is very hard to remove and insert into the case

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3Key Update v2 released

QUOTE said:
1. Now supports peek/poke commands.

2. Backups on USB HDD can now run without an original game in the BluRay drive.

3. Works with Backup Manager 2.

the update file is unique to every ps3key so clones cannot be flashed with it or other PS3key's that have a different serial

updating now

edit 1:
interesting way to activate update mode
you have to remove and insert the device in a usb slot 4 times and the led turns blue
it is recognized as "bootloader" by the pc now instead of generic usb hub

Ill have to add another section to the review I guess

finished updating, everything went fine, now to test BM2

edit 2:
I cant get the clone to start in update mode this way so I guess it unique to the ps3key

InternHertz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've been wondering which solution I should get for homebrews and I've come to one simple thing :

I'd like something which can have a proprietary code on it but can be, if I so wish, flashed with any new updates from open source psgroove.

Now I'm down with two choices in dongles, ecliPS3 or PSkey. The first can run its own code but at any time you can switch to an open source psgroove and after that you can reflash it with the original code and so on. There's flexibility.

The downside is ecliPS3 doesn't say the size of their memory as opposed to PS3key and its 32kb.

However her's my question to you Joe88 :

Code:
PS3key also says it's updateable with psgroove and that you then need to reflash with PS3key's own code if you so want to (most probably if they come up with some awesome feature you can't find anywhere else)

Did you test it ? Could you flash PSgroove on it and get it working (additionally, do they "ALL" work on it or just some of them [ecliPS3 say any works as code is handled accordingly to which hex file you flash]) ? Could you go back to the proprietary software afterwards ? Oh and what about the .bin payloads ? Can you also update that on PS3key just as ecliPS3 says it can do?

Thanks for taking the time
bow.gif

utopians

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my ps3 key today but having probs updating via pc.
Have downloaded official update v2 for my key from ps3key.com and the read me says the key should light up both red and blue both together at the same time
but mine is only lighting up red, sometimes it will light up blue and says i can update it but status bar never moves.
The key aint touched the ps3 yet
angry.gif

Anyone else having probs updating?

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
InternHertz said:
I've been wondering which solution I should get for homebrews and I've come to one simple thing :

I'd like something which can have a proprietary code on it but can be, if I so wish, flashed with any new updates from open source psgroove.

Now I'm down with two choices in dongles, ecliPS3 or PSkey. The first can run its own code but at any time you can switch to an open source psgroove and after that you can reflash it with the original code and so on. There's flexibility.

The downside is ecliPS3 doesn't say the size of their memory as opposed to PS3key and its 32kb.

However her's my question to you Joe88 :

Code:
PS3key also says it's updateable with psgroove and that you then need to reflash with PS3key's own code if you so want to (most probably if they come up with some awesome feature you can't find anywhere else)

Did you test it ? Could you flash PSgroove on it and get it working (additionally, do they "ALL" work on it or just some of them [ecliPS3 say any works as code is handled accordingly to which hex file you flash]) ? Could you go back to the proprietary software afterwards ? Oh and what about the .bin payloads ? Can you also update that on PS3key just as ecliPS3 says it can do?

Thanks for taking the time
bow.gif
im pretty sure it is already using PSGroove with some modifications
the latest update is based on hermes payload for psgroove

billybro1999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have a problem, i got my ps3key today, i updated it with the v2 software by plugging it in 4 times, update worked fine, it seems to be stuck in update mode. it's staying with both lights on, the ps3 does not have the option to install pkg. fat PS3 v3.41. help!

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
the serial number don't influence the update procedure but only allow you to download the original ps3key software, i tried now with some ps3key and important is to have real ps3key but serial number is only for download issue

update need only 10 secs about,
to install any pkg you need to put them on usb pendrive or external usb pendrive.. ps3key is only for booting to jailbreak mode.

billybro1999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got it out of update mode somehow, but i cant get it to work in the PS3, it keeps flashing red and blue, i cant get it to stay blue. maybe i'm not hitting the eject button in the right timeframe?

howixxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
billybro1999 said:
ok i got it out of update mode somehow, but i cant get it to work in the PS3, it keeps flashing red and blue, i cant get it to stay blue. maybe i'm not hitting the eject button in the right timeframe?

wher i can get out of the update mode ?

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update section added to review
hopefully I wont have to add any more sections

billybro1999 said:
try flashing it?
as soon as you turn on the PS3 keep hitting the eject

howixxx said:
QUOTE(billybro1999 @ Sep 25 2010, 08:05 PM) ok i got it out of update mode somehow, but i cant get it to work in the PS3, it keeps flashing red and blue, i cant get it to stay blue. maybe i'm not hitting the eject button in the right timeframe?

wher i can get out of the update mode ?
just close the program and pull it out

billybro1999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it figured out, works great!!! when it gets stuck in update mode, i had to re-update it. after updating it, unplug it and it should go back to red when u plug it back in. when you put it in the PS3 with power cut off to system, you have to hit the power button and eject immediately, like real fast, and now it works great, was FTP'ing games all last night

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3Key v2.1 released

QUOTE said:
---------------------
New features in v2.1:
---------------------

1. A series of minor bug fixes.

also interesting is that they released another update for PS3Key clones in a hex file
they seem to be also supporting the clones, which is odd, but if you got screwed over at least you have support

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3Key v2.2 released

QUOTE said:
---------------------
New features in v2.2:
---------------------

1. A critical update to address issues with the PS3 USB power supply.

very steady stream of updates

the update application was also updated to v1.1, no log of whats been fixed

cobra103

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't update to v2.2, it doesnt work. Both light will be on and you'll think its stuck in update mode but its not. Put it back into the computer and reflash just like normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...