Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,815
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I couldn't find even find the option to enable Debug Settings in the toolbox when using Lite.
Doesn't work on the light version. Only REX. But REX doesn't need to used in DEX mode to use that feature.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think he mixed DEX/CEX with REX/DREX/Lite

What I understand:
you must install D-Rex on DEX, you get the debug settings
you must install Lite on CEX, and not get them.
you can install REX on CEX, and get DEX features.

so, maybe he said you don't need a DEX console because you can install REX on CEX and get that settings.
but the Lite doesn't, because it's not a mixed CFW with DEX feature working on CEX.
You can access the QA debug settings menu on standard CEX CFW however you can't access the DEX debug menu on such a firmware (rebug lite included) the DEX menu is the one with the fake save data owner setting if I recall correctly so you can't use that on a standard CEX firmware without modifying it some to add in the extra menu and or a a way to toggle between the two. I also don't know that the settings in that menu will work without patching certain things in lvl2 memory. I would be surprised if they just work without anything more than an XML mod

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone know the difference between Rex and rebug Lite?
I know it means lite is based on CEX only, and Rex based on CEX+DEX, and as 4.82 DEX is not available yet they did a quick CEX only release.
But I didn't find a quick info (without comparing both released pages) telling what's missing in lite compared to Rex.

Is it better to use the Rex 4.81 with syscon 4.82, or 4.82 Lite?

I'd like to know as well and I've read the responses to this post but may I ask, who here is not upgrading and why?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sj33 said the only useful option, for most end users, which is missing in lite is the savegame profile unlock option.
if you don't need to play games with someone else savegame, I don't think you'll miss anything by using the lite version.

if you are already using 4.81.2 with syscon 4.82, I don't think you need to update (unless you live dangerously and go online?)
you can wait until rebug get a OFW Dex 4.82 and release a REX4.82

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: democracy

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah basically all the other features of the REX version are only useful for devs only. However of note is the ability to change the PSN server option. You can set it to use the QA debug servers among other more or less useless things as you need proper credentials to log in. However by change the np server setting to invalid you can disable all PSN checks. This blocks all game update checks and disables the ability to sign in to the psn in any way. This option is available on QA flagged machines as well however I'm not certain if this setting works on none REX firmwares. Either way it's an effective way to block psn so no one can accidently log you in and get you banned/get there account banned without realizing what they are doing.

Reactions: Cyan

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is @esc0rtd3w running a log/updates anywhere for those of us interested in the technical side of this exploit and its forthcoming SuperSlim implementation? Really dig the smoothness of this one B-)
A log? You mean like a write-up on how the exploit works? I'm sure this is around somewhere otherwise a simple peak through the XML code files and the contents of flsh.hex you can get a pretty good understanding of the way it works... this is what I did... though a more detailed write-up is likely available on the web.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah basically all the other features of the REX version are only useful for devs only. However of note is the ability to change the PSN server option. You can set it to use the QA debug servers among other more or less useless things as you need proper credentials to log in. However by change the np server setting to invalid you can disable all PSN checks. This blocks all game update checks and disables the ability to sign in to the psn in any way. This option is available on QA flagged machines as well however I'm not certain if this setting works on none REX firmwares. Either way it's an effective way to block psn so no one can accidently log you in and get you banned/get there account banned without realizing what they are doing.

I'm already blocking all that crap via pihole

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Been reading through this thread and noticed this which is interesting:

"cfw won't happen. hen might, but it may or may not allow backups to be played. the reason is that the keys are unknwon. if you've decryped a pup before, you'll notice a lv0.2 file which is only used by 3 and 4K systems. PUAD will error when decrypting because the key is unknown. it will still decrypt the core os, but it will skip that file."

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first install ofw 4.82 then do the hack?
Instructions seems complicated I need a visual guide.

It's super easy! The PUP from Sony's site is currently 4.82 so use that go to to that FW. Then you just need to put certain files on a flash drive, run the exploit (NAND or NOR depending on your system, there's also an easy way to make sure your system is compatible), then update using the REBUG PUP. Wololo's article is easy to follow.

To make things go more smoothly, I suggest going to your PS3 browser, and setting your homepage to a blank page before you do anything. For some reason, the exploit kept failing when Sony's official PS3 page was the homepage. Once I did that, it worked on the first try.

http://wololo.net/2017/11/27/tutorial-use-ps3xploit-hack-ps3-go-directly-rebug-4-81-2-noob-friendly/

Last edited by Selim873,
Reactions: Panzer_Baboon

Darksid3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi guys,
I have the CECH-2004B (Nor) on 4.82 FW.
Tried the exploit multiple times. After I get success on the exploit web page, my PS3 freezes - I’ve waited for 15+ minutes.
Any suggestions?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I have the CECH-2004B (Nor) on 4.82 FW.
Tried the exploit multiple times. After I get success on the exploit web page, my PS3 freezes - I’ve waited for 15+ minutes.
Any suggestions?
That means something failed and hung to prevent bricking. Be sure your usb has the flsh.hex and that the ps3 detected the USB before doing the exploit

ryouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been awake 16 hours on 4 hours sleep, just checking this means any slims that shipped with under 3.55 firmware can be downgraded even if they are on OFW (bought one used like 3 years ago that has been sitting here unused just needs a drive bay so I can put in my 1tb)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog