Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 276,546
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are actually very wrong. This exploit works fine on super slim. It grants access to protected lvl 2 memory remapping which in turn means all the brew and shot that's already out there can and will be ported over. It's just a matter of building a functional payload for the superslim that's not just a flasher to patch NOR/NAND for CFW. This has been discussed and confirmed many times. Confirmation from the developers of this exploit even so yes the superslim can and will be jailbroken. You want proof of my claims look at the fact that this will brick non compatible models. To write to internal flash requires lvl2 memory access and clearly this hack has write access to flash memory if it's bricking. The reasons the current payload bricks is because of metldr2 this piece of boot code panics when the old signing keys are patched in. In short the superslim can and will be hacked but unlike the older models it will be a temporary hack. Now please quit spreading misinformation.

Also 3.61+ PS Vita games isn't impossible at all. Just currently no one has managed to decrypt them. While unlikely to happen anytime soon don't be so quick to say no. After all everyone said for many years we will not see CFW for any PS3 on firmware 3.56+ without a hardware hack and yet here we are with a 4.82 firmware jailbreak.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to be proven wrong, and just the fact that this does work on superslims, even if it can't install CFW yet, does have me somewhat interested. I tend to have low expectations when it comes to Sony device hacking, so I can try to not get my hopes up and be disappointed if it doesn't work out.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to be proven wrong, and just the fact that this does work on superslims, even if it can't install CFW yet, does have me somewhat interested. I tend to have low expectations when it comes to Sony device hacking, so I can try to not get my hopes up and be disappointed if it doesn't work out.
Well fair enough but like I said the exploit works. It's just a matter of developing a payload to patch the security checks out in lvl2 memory. IDK if anyone's actually working on this right now but it's the last piece of code needed to run already existing brew and backups on the superslim. If I had a functional computer and a console to test this on I'd be happy to work on it but I'm sure if it's being worked on they will release when it's ready and has a consistent success rate.

Noj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're downloading the DLC from 'places' then you shouldn't need a PSN account. There may be a fix file included with them.

I don't have a PSN account on my CFW machine and won't be using one.
Hav not read all posts but if u want to get dlc to work cant u use the reactpsn aa thing to create account offline and then activate ur games with a rap file (download it) stored inside "exdata" folder and reactpsn and a button press combo to activate. I might be way off so s1 correct me if wrong save frustration for others

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hav not read all posts but if u want to get dlc to work cant u use the reactpsn aa thing to create account offline and then activate ur games with a rap file (download it) stored inside "exdata" folder and reactpsn and a button press combo to activate. I might be way off so s1 correct me if wrong save frustration for others

More or less that's the case yes

mizohimo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have slim model (cech 2004B) with 4.82 OFW. i did the exploit and it worked, my ps3 beeped 3x and shut down by itself (NOR flash). after that i tried to install custom rebug but it failed (error 8002F957 "corrupt data"). USB stick is in the far right port with flsh.hex on root and PUP in PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP. I checked both hex files and they are good. also did the version checker and it says "2.7". Just wont let me install the CFW !! Also tried to install from recovery and other USB stick...but same problem. Any suggestions?

Noj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try a different usb, i had that issue with a few usb try an older usb not 3.0 compatible id recom5

ShuCI

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello there, I'm a new user!
So, I'm trying to get the expolit working on mi PS3 Slim, the problem is that my right USB port doesn't seem to work.
Is there a workaround of any kind? Or shoul I try to fix the USB port?

cloud1250000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well what use would that be? Once an appropriate payload to enable homebrew shows up you can just use one of the many apps with ftp support.

i do believe enabling homebrew will take longer.. with ftp access u can add the install pkg menu to your xmb also you can install rap file that way.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why would a payload with FTP be easier to accomplish than any other homebrew-enabling payload? How would FTP help with actually installing PKG files?

cloud1250000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why would a payload with FTP be easier to accomplish than any other homebrew-enabling payload? How would FTP help with actually installing PKG files?

by enabling the package installer option? (replacing the right file?)

edit: since u can already compile code for ps3 using the available sdk...? In order to enable homebrew to run, u need to patch way more thing in the memory...

Last edited by cloud1250000,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by enabling the package installer option? (replacing the right file?)

edit: since u can already compile code for ps3 using the available sdk...? In order to enable homebrew to run, u need to patch way more thing in the memory...
Just no. You already need homebrew enabled to make an ftp client work. Simply put it's not worth making. You will need homebrew to activate anything you install... otherwise whatever you install won't work.... it simply will not work as its either not signed or it's signed but not activated... good luck

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, I'm trying to get the expolit working on mi PS3 Slim, the problem is that my right USB port doesn't seem to work.
Unfortunately the update system rely on that port... it's unlikely you'll be able to do much with it.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you sure it’s the port? Make sure the stick is formatted as FAT32.

nettowho

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does anyone know how I would remove this CFW back to OFW? I’ll tried to update via internet and USB but it says “the data is corrupted”.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill