Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,759
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the hack worked as explained? why? is it when i install the custom firmware it will brick then?
Did you dump the NOR or Write the NOR? According to the chart on the front page 3XXX are supportive when dumping
Writing is what you need Success on to be able to install CFW

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
umm, how to activate a game?
i've downloaded Scott Pilgrim pkg file and installed it, and can play it, but it show me that the game in not full, how to unlock it?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But why did i get the hack to sucess?

Because it's possible to write that file to every ps3 ever made. Unfortunately CECH-3xxx, CECH-4xxx and some CECH-25xx will refuse to boot when that file has been written. When you went to the nor-482.html on your ps3 it will have said:

** DO NOT USE THIS ON 3xxx/4xxx OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR CONSOLE!!! **

What state is your ps3 in right now?

USB Drive has been formatted to FAT32, has "PS3" folder in the root, and "UPDATE" inside the ps3 folder with the file "PS3UPDAT.PUP". (extension not hidden).

Did you download a .rar or .zip file and then rename it to .pup without extracting it?

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: MasterJ360

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Because it's possible to write that file to every ps3 ever made. Unfortunately CECH-3xxx, CECH-4xxx and some CECH-25xx will refuse to boot when that file has been written. When you went to the nor-482.html on your ps3 it will have said:

I didnt get that warning, it says congratulations your console is compatible!
qfsNg

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country

Did you download a .rar or .zip file and then rename it to .pup without extracting it?
I did extract it, i have followed the guide!

weefsat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this method be used on a phat PS3 that had Rogero manager 8.2 installed but was accidentally updated afterwards? The original article says this should not be used on CFW, but was all trace of the CFW removed after the accidental update making this method a safe redo?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didnt get that warning, it says congratulations your console is compatible!
qfsNg

It always appears for me, so either there was some glitch or you just didn't notice it.

Can this method be used on a phat PS3 that had Rogero manager 8.2 installed but was accidentally updated afterwards? The original article says this should not be used on CFW, but was all trace of the CFW removed after the accidental update making this method a safe redo?

If you're running 4.82 OFW now then it should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1