PS5-exclusive title 'Returnal' to launch on PC next month

returnal PC.JPG

Sony has provided a date for when PC gamers will be able to experience the PS5 console exclusive title Returnal. To accompany the announcement, a new features trailer was aired:

The PC version of Returnal will support Raytracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA NIS, AMD FSR, as well as the wide resolution formats, Ultrawide at 21:9 and Super Ultrawide 32:9. Recommended PC specs were also made available with the announcement:

returnal specs.JPG

Returnal will launch on PC via Steam and Epic Games Store this February 15.

:arrow: SOURCE

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im really hoping the game isn't as hard as those old 2d shmups like bullet hell. I was able to get far in some of those but never actually beat one, but trying a 3-d one? I want to see if I can do it... Blakejansen do you think the 30 hours was worth it? :O
:ninja:
I bought mine used for around 20$. I think the game is worth 20$, but it is still a good game. You only save your progress after beating a boss and I also didn't like having to start over if you died. Other than that the game was pretty fun.

Reactions: eternal

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Im really hoping the game isn't as hard as those old 2d shmups like bullet hell. I was able to get far in some of those but never actually beat one, but trying a 3-d one? I want to see if I can do it... Blakejansen do you think the 30 hours was worth it? :O
:ninja:
It's not as difficult as bullet hell games, as you're given a dash with plenty of invincibility frames on it. Basically, if you were able to get good at or beat Hades, you should be able to handle this. Same deal with the amount of enjoyment you'll get out of it: it's the only AAA roguelike/roguelite game in existence right now, so it depends on how much you enjoy the base formula for the genre.

This is why I won't buy a PS5.
It's the last generation I'm buying into consoles for sure. Exclusivity is already dead whether Nintendo officially gives in or not, and that's a good thing. Long live PC and Steam Deck.

Last edited by Xzi,

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
It's the last generation I'm buying into consoles for sure. Exclusivity is already dead whether Nintendo officially gives in or not, and that's a good thing. Long live PC and Steam Deck.
Right. My PS4 here is collecting dust. I mostly play handheld on the switch. How good the graphics are on the PS4, the games are just too boring for me.

I will only buy Nintendo in the future because I'm a handheld guy and find the games are fun in that system (Snipperclips, Mario Kart, Xenoblade), like how video games should be.

Edit: words

Last edited by ertaboy356b,
Reactions: Xzi

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Please explain why this game is garbage. I beat the game in 30 hours. Have you ever played a rogue like game before? I am not saying this was the best game in the world, but I would give it a solid 7/10. You are meant to die a fair bit, I died plenty. It does feel rather rewarding when you kill a boss as that saves your progression.
As a matter of fact I have played roguelites. I've put countless hours into the original (flash) release of The Binding of Isaac, as well as about 80 hours into the remake on the vita, about 50 hours in Into the gungeon, 40 in Ziggurat, 50 into 30XX, 20 hours into Fancy Skulls, 20 hours into Lost Castle and have just recently picked up Dead Cells on steam. I'm not a roguelite/roguelike veteran but have delved quite a bit into the genre. That being said none of the aformentioned games felt like a chore to play, this one does.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a PC owner, this is GREAT!

Or rather, it would be if I cared even slightly about Sony games that I've never heard of.

But congrats to the PC owners who, in spite of having a potential game library far larger than Switch, Xbox and PS5 owners combined have access to, now have one more "exclusive" game to play ahead of having a PS5 emulator that will play it better than the original console allowed.

#pcmasterrace

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Or rather, it would be if I cared even slightly about Sony games that I've never heard of.

But congrats to the PC owners who, in spite of having a potential game library far larger than Switch, Xbox and PS5 owners combined have access to, now have one more "exclusive" game to play ahead of having a PS5 emulator that will play it better than the original console allowed.

#pcmasterrace
Eh, PS5 hardware is at the point where emulation would be redundant. It's just an AMD PC with a custom OS and the equivalent of an RTX 2070 inside.

• Love

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course it's profitable for Sony to release it on PC. Why would they voluntarily release it if it wouldn't be profitable?

And btw those PC ports are of great quality got Sackboy for $15 on PC it can reach 4k 60 fps. well optimised for my RTX 2060.

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

#pcmasterrace
Eh....you've never heard of this game? Returnal was the big (and only) PS5 exclusive for a long hot minute, not counting the Demon Souls remake ofc.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well looks like I can't personally ever install this because it installs the epic game store even when you buy it on steam :(
I'll keep watching it I guess to see what happens.
Some sony games looks very boring at first glance, but then they arrive to PC, you play and realized that they are indeed extremely boring.

I bet this is one of them.
I'm replying to this after the fact (apologies), but have you never played any twitch bullet hell games? I'm not saying they are amazing but some can be fun for a small amount of time :)

Last edited by eternal,
Reactions: GuiShen and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well looks like I can't personally ever install this because it installs the epic game store even when you buy it on steam :(
I'll keep watching it I guess to see what happens.
I imagine this is a big part of why it's only got 77% positive reviews. Nobody cares about trying to play online with one of ten people stupid enough to buy it from EGS, and Denuvo + EOS = tanked performance on even the most high-end PC. The only reason I'd have any interest in double dipping is to do a Steam Deck play through, and word is it's totally unplayable on that even at low settings.

• Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw