PSA: SONY PS3 OTHER OS CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENTS CHECKS ARE IN THE MAIL, CHECK YOUR MAILBOX!

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.50 or 3.55 was the last Firmware to support the OtherOS well atleast my NTSC Phat 60GB with PS2 Support could F***ing YLOD I could not keep it Cool no matter what Fans I had going x4 Mini at front via USB Nyko Intercooler with x4 Mini Fans at back an 80mm Fan exhaust at top and the Main Fan was at 100% still Temps climbed I f***ed up Delidding the Chips in the end cause all those Fans unbearable and I wanted to see if adding a clean thermal layer directly on the Processors then Heat Plates would help I already had MX4 on the Plates.:nayps3:
this is why i never really played my ps3 , i only can run it for a short time in the dead of winter
or on 90+degree days when the AC is fully cranked it heats the whole room up in 15 minutes and sounds like a plane taking off

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: CORE

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is why i never really played my ps3 , i only can run it for a short time in the dead of winter
or on 90+degree days when the AC is fully cranked it heats the whole room up in 15 minutes and sounds like a plane taking off

I never can have mine on since it gets way too hot in my room. I never have the right situation for it given I live with my grandmother and any cold sets off her bad arthritis. I feel damned either way with it. Damned since it sits as a deadweight in my closet filling with dust. Damned if i try to run it and then... ylod surprise. Pretty much any old fat ps3 is a Schrodingers cat situation. Either way I would rather not know, but at the same time anytime I see any mention of a Ps3 I think about it. I feel so guity about not using it. I also can never openly talk about it in public since everyone always laughs at me about it. Im also not very technically inclined for opening up things sadly(Upgrading the drive is out of the question for me.). Sorry for rambling. :(

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never can have mine on since it gets way too hot in my room. I never have the right situation for it given I live with my grandmother and any cold sets off her bad arthritis. I feel damned either way with it. Damned since it sits as a deadweight in my closet filling with dust. Damned if i try to run it and then... ylod surprise. Pretty much any old fat ps3 is a Schrodingers cat situation. Either way I would rather not know, but at the same time anytime I see any mention of a Ps3 I think about it. I feel so guity about not using it. I also can never openly talk about it in public since everyone always laughs at me about it. Im also not very technically inclined for opening up things sadly(Upgrading the drive is out of the question for me.). Sorry for rambling. :(
yeah i have always wanted to do a water mod on it but i don't have the guts to attempt it
i have a water cooler we never use anymore i was thinking of using that to super cool it or use another peltier to cool a rad

Reactions: Skittyusedcovet

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i have always wanted to do a water mod on it but i don't have the guts to attempt it
i have a water cooler we never use anymore i was thinking of using that to super cool it or use another peltier to cool a rad

Thats a pretty neat idea. If you ever make it a reality you should post pictures of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: